Same Old, Same Old

shabazz

Reaction score
Look how well connected Stafford is with his receivers year one versus Dak after several years with all four of his main receivers...and with more dummy downed routes.....sad.

yup, there’s quite a difference. I doubt Kupp would have put up those numbers here. Hell, Stafford is even resurrecting ODB’s career….many thought he was done

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
…..if we get to play the scrub teams through the first few games, it's guaranteed that we will see 5 threads a day declaring that a certain player is in the “ Running for MVP “ which will include stats vs crap teams

other will join in the fools gold and some of the more measured posters will point out the strength of opponent needs to be considered, and than be summarily dismissed as “haters”

2022 will almost certainly be a repeat of 2021…..paper champs of the East ……but there’s always a chance they improve and that’s why we watch the games.

Come on Shabazz, give your fellow fans some credit. We have matured and grown wise, to the predictable DFT ways.

ICP

Reaction score
If history is any indicator they will probably end up 9-8 or 8-9 next year if not worse. If we lose Quinn which I expect we might, and then we will also have to see what the roster looks like after the potential cuts and what I would assume will be a minimal free agency (no surprise there) it wouldn't surprise me to see this team take a step backward.

shabazz

Reaction score
Come on Shabazz, give your fellow fans some credit. We have matured and grown wise, to the predictable DFT ways.

some will start to understand not buying into the hype and some will never get it and that’s ok. We have a diverse fan base with varying ways at looking at things.

I never post anything thinking that I’m going to change somebody’s mind. Some posters get frustrated because they want to persuade others ,and that’s ok but it rarely happens.

next season, we will watch the same games and make different judgements on the results. I almost wish that the Cowboys would be placed in the NFC West next season so people can get a better gauge on how good the team really is…..playing in the EAST sets up a lot of people for disappointment

shabazz

Reaction score
If history is any indicator they will probably end up 9-8 or 8-9 next year if not worse. If we lose Quinn which I expect we might, and then we will also have to see what the roster looks like after the potential cuts and what I would assume will be a minimal free agency (no surprise there) it wouldn't surprise me to see this team take a step backward.

….with the Eagles declaring that they are all in with crappy Hurts at the qb position, I would guess that the Cowboys should get at least 5 wins from the East teams alone….so I could see another 10 or 11 win season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been about the sizzle vs the steak for a long time now and that isn't changing. And it works, why else would they get the best ratings?

It's not like we do not who they are. They are exactly who we think they are.

I just think it is wrong for fans to beat themselves up and blame the owner for "selling" them, we buy because we want to believe this season will not be like last season and that will most definitely be the same old, same old this season. It happens every year.

"I ain't buying anymore, that's it. Well, OK, I'll listen".
Yea, I gave up years ago believing fans would ever come to their senses and force the issue. Most fans don’t really care about all of the particulars. It’s 3 hours of entertainment 17 weeks a year for most.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Jerry's hype machine is strong.

So strong that the players buy into it as well.

Just showing up should be good enough.

Jerry cannot see the conflict of having to sell his product vs what a staff has to do to motivate players.

It can't always be roses. That's where our edge is missing. Someone else always wants it more.
This. The DC are gilded pretenders just like the UT Longhorns. All hat and no cattle. They play weak teams throughout and get it handed to them down the road when it counts. If we played in the AFC or NFC West divisions, we would be picking in the top 5 of the draft this year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This site is primarily hardcore fans. The ones who aren't don't stay around long.
Fully agree...

That's why the "you're not a fan if....." stuff is bothersome.

If you're here regularly, this means more to you than it probably should, but it is what it is....and I come here to discuss with people that share a common plight.

I've tried to put it on the backburner with limited success. It's not gonna happen for me.

It's waaaay beyond entertainment, and Jerry knows full well that Landry created enough of us to keep his little ego trip running strong.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This. The DC are gilded pretenders just like the UT Longhorns. All hat and no cattle. They play weak teams throughout and get it handed to them down the road when it counts. If we played in the AFC or NFC West divisions, we would be picking in the top 5 of the draft this year.
Jerry ought to send a sincere thanks to the rest of the division for stinking so badly with no end in sight.

If the NEast was anything to speak of we would have been free of Garrett long before it actually happened.

It's been terrible forever. We should be taking advantage and cheating our way to high seeds regularly.

Nope.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWo_rFTEwBIM7zXmAMqLNTosfBAGCAN968EA&usqp=CAU

blueblood70

Reaction score
Has anyone ever told you that you stink at communicating?
apparently its legible enough that i have over 18k lies someone must have been able to dissect it

maybe you son t understand text speak,

forum grammar and spelling rules dont apply to normal work and school Rules. Sorry moving on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your ignorant replies aren't necessary. Find another topic to measure your fanhood.
don't miss it i have your helmet ready and booster seat for your vip ride.

wahmbulance.jpg

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now that this team has choked away another season, how many same old stories will have the fan base mesmerized with expectations?

Dak, working on footwork?
Dak, offseason with receivers?
Zeke, in the best shape of his life?
Tyron, healthy coming into camp?
The new Oline coach is a beast?
The Oline, is getting bigger and stronger?
Jerry's making a big splash?
Lawrence, fully healthy and ready to dominate?
Gregory's surgery went well?
McCarthy, has watched game film and will be more attentive?
The team brought in some guru and will be more disciplined?

For me, nothing about this team does, or leaks to the media, will be of any significance.

Start the season with a win and you will get my attention.
It will take more than one win for me to take this team seriously.
New non puppet coach
A real GM ect...
Now yes talking