San Antonio Spurs

crazytown41

Reaction score
MC KAos;3920816 said:
Barkley was right, its a transition period in the league, the spurs are done and have been since 09, the suns were done after last year, this is probably the last hurrah for the lakers, celtics and mavs. these playoffs are the transition period, like the 80 playoffs, 91 playoffs, the 99 playoffs, and so many others in sports.

it sucks for us that we will have a mediocre team with an aging duncan and ginobili, but they have earned the right to finish off their careers in SA no matter what. we will be mediocre for another two years, then terrible, then hopefully, in *sigh* 6 years or so we can hopefully start competing again. i think we will if RC sticks around

as for me, as promised before, i have the 2005 championship dvd ready to go to cry to and look back on the good old days
Agree. Got a feeling we're gonna see a lot of OKC-CHI finals in the next couple years.

MC KAos

Reaction score
crazytown41;3920970 said:
Agree. Got a feeling we're gonna see a lot of OKC-CHI finals in the next couple years.

if it means miami isnt in them, im good with that!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3921045 said:
Not trying to gloat but WOW I wouldn't have ever dreamed we'd be up 3-1 :D

Go ahead and gloat .... your team deserves it.

My Spurs are laying down.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3921045 said:
Not trying to gloat but WOW I wouldn't have ever dreamed we'd be up 3-1 :D

you should man! who would have thought, strong interior play is still important :eek:

i think teams thought that after shaq/duncan became older you didnt need a strong big man anymore, everyone started shooting threes and playing uptempo. its pretty clear you still need size, just look at the lakers the last couple of years. it will be a big reason i dont think the heat can win it all this year, they lack size (they have size, but the size they have sucks).

the grizz have a great nucleus of big guys and some good young talent at the guards and small forward. but ultimately, i think they are gonna are gonna regret giving rudy gay a max contract, because he certainly doesnt deserve that

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm not talking trash or anything, I just haven't watched this Spurs series or even looked at box scores... What is the problem? Is Manu just too hurt to be effective? Duncan looking too old? Parker playing poorly? What is the deal? Because this is really surprising.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3921271 said:
I'm not talking trash or anything, I just haven't watched this Spurs series or even looked at box scores... What is the problem? Is Manu just too hurt to be effective? Duncan looking too old? Parker playing poorly? What is the deal? Because this is really surprising.

Manu being hurt was the reason for the first two losses.

They just did not play last night.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MC KAos;3921236 said:
you should man! who would have thought, strong interior play is still important :eek:

i think teams thought that after shaq/duncan became older you didnt need a strong big man anymore, everyone started shooting threes and playing uptempo. its pretty clear you still need size, just look at the lakers the last couple of years. it will be a big reason i dont think the heat can win it all this year, they lack size (they have size, but the size they have sucks).

the grizz have a great nucleus of big guys and some good young talent at the guards and small forward. but ultimately, i think they are gonna are gonna regret giving rudy gay a max contract, because he certainly doesnt deserve that

No one deserves a max contract IMO

Just imagine how much better we could be with Rudy. SA wouldn't have had to play us. We would have had a much higher seed.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3921271 said:

My Grizzlies are out playing them. I told everyone to not sleep on them.

MC KAos

Reaction score
That was a good game! Nice of them to win our last home game of the year!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
let's take this back to Memphis...the Spurs may not win this series, but they will go down fighting....well at least at home anyway.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW, Duncan annoys me.....His bankshot was on full display in the 1st half, unstoppable....then he doesn't even use it once after halftime.....instead he forces off balanced and awkward shots in the 3rd, all misses. I was very disappointed with his shot selection after the half.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Biggems;3924980 said:
BTW, Duncan annoys me.....His bankshot was on full display in the 1st half, unstoppable....then he doesn't even use it once after halftime.....instead he forces off balanced and awkward shots in the 3rd, all misses. I was very disappointed with his shot selection after the half.

Tired 35 year old legs ...... thats what happens.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
zrinkill;3924996 said:
Tired 35 year old legs ...... thats what happens.

its lot easier on the legs to face the basket and shoot a jump shot off the glass, than try to back down Gasol or Randolph

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;3924980 said:

For real, he needs to keep shooting the banker! Oh well, we won the game in the end. I just don't see us going into Memphis and winning a game

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Biggems;3925006 said:
its lot easier on the legs to face the basket and shoot a jump shot off the glass, than try to back down Gasol or Randolph

He does not trust the jump shot after half the game because his legs are tired.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3921311 said:
No one deserves a max contract IMO

Just imagine how much better we could be with Rudy. SA wouldn't have had to play us. We would have had a much higher seed.

Idk, I'd say only durant, Kobe, dwade, lebron, rose, howard and maybe chris paul deserve max deals, maybe I'm forgetting s few but that's about it, gay is good, but I wouldn't put him anywhere near that list

Also, I have heard some analyst say (and I wouldn't know if this is true since I don't watch Memphis very often) that Rudy is a "ball stopper" and if he was in fact playing they wouldn't match up as well with the spurs since they would run their offense differently. I think u take the fact u are gonna win and move on to the thunder, should be a hell of a series, great home crowds!