Twitter: Sarcasm: Jaylon’s Still Got It

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I love all the excuses about “assignment”

you’re right. We shouldn’t be able to expect a highly paid LB to read a play by a backup QB and backup RB and actually just use his instincts to make a play on them.

god forbid Jaylon figure out what’s going on and ya know, just be a better player than the backup QB and RB.

Lmao
I mean if we're being honest Jaylon is getting unfair heat. Like we sat there last night and watched Gallup drop a pass. He's a veteran at this point. I'm not saying the criticism of Jaylon isn't warranted but let's not act like he's not the "easy target" when people already don't like him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I mean if we're being honest Jaylon is getting unfair heat. Like we sat there last night and watched Gallup drop a pass. He's a veteran at this point. I'm not saying the criticism of Jaylon isn't warranted but let's not act like he's not the "easy target" when people already don't like him.

No he isn’t getting unfair heat. He isn’t good. He is a liability on the defense and the only reason he is on the team is because the contract is awful and they can’t afford to cut him yet.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jaylon is mirroring the qb, LVE is mirroring the rb

If jaylon immediately follows the rb, the qb could just run from the rollout, and he would be out of position to stop it

And they kind of eluded to that on the telecast that the RB may have not even been his man...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he isn’t getting unfair heat. He isn’t good. He is a liability on the defense and the only reason he is on the team is because the contract is awful and they can’t afford to cut him yet.
Its unfair because we are really sitting here overanalyzing a play in a preseason game that we don't even know what Jaylon's assignment was.

I'm not arguing his good, great or a liability....he probably is a liability at this point if he's reacting slow. But the unfair heat is overanalyzing a play on special teams lol. You can literally do this for every player on the team lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jaylon honestly shouldn’t even see the field once the season starts. Unless there are injuries.

There are 3 LB’s who are clearly better than him.

Parsons, LVE and Neal.

Cox is probably not far away.

So Neal gets a strip and now he's our 3rd best linebacker...unbelievable lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Its unfair because we are really sitting here overanalyzing a play in a preseason game that we don't even know what Jaylon's assignment was.

I'm not arguing his good, great or a liability....he probably is a liability at this point if he's reacting slow. But the unfair heat is overanalyzing a play on special teams lol. You can literally do this for every player on the team lol.

Nah I don’t think the heat is unfair at all. A couple straight years of garbage play, means the highly paid LB doesn’t get a pass during a pre season game when he is playing against backups.

what this play tells me is, we can expect more of the same from Jaylon this season

Honestly he shouldn’t even be on the roster anymore. He is a liability out there. I want to win games. Jaylon playing just because of his contract doesn’t help the team win games.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Jaylon is mirroring the qb, LVE is mirroring the rb

If jaylon immediately follows the rb, the qb could just run from the rollout, and he would be out of position to stop it

Nonsense.

98-EDD3-C4-20-B6-47-F1-92-B0-FA2928-EEB9-B4.jpg

He started trying to run with the RB before the QB even threw the ball.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His head doesn't leave the qb until the rollout. He doesn't bite on the play action run, he starts moving to mirror with qb

It looks like they both played it right
I personally just saw a great play design by the Cardinals. Its funny that play could've been played perfect by any linebacker in this league and it still would've had the same result. Unless the linebacker somehow runs a 4.2.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
He’s been doing this for years; it’s mind boggling.

Check out the play below.

1. He sees Cordelle Patterson leaking out into the flat and even flows with him in that direction.

2. Tribisky throws it to Patterson

THE BALL IS ALREADY IN THE AIR

3. Jaylon for some reason hesitates and feigns the opposite direction of the pass, SMH?!?!

That's a :eek: shame. The ball literally crosses his face and he doesn't move, he doesn't move until Cordell Patterson catches the ball and the ball travels about 15 yards in the air. This guy is clueless and the statements he makes to the media confirms it :facepalm:
I hate this guy:mad:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neal was a better player in Atlanta than Jaylon is. You act like Neal just popped up out of thin air. Lol
Neal's career has gone the same exact way as Jaylon. Are you forgetting he's a safety turned linebacker because he sucked at safety and had injuries? I mean it is what it is lol. If Neal is truly our best option at linebacker then I'm for it I'd like to think as a safety I Can trust his coverage skills more than Jaylon's. Ideally, I'd hope Cox can be ready to start for us at some point during this season.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Nonsense.

98-EDD3-C4-20-B6-47-F1-92-B0-FA2928-EEB9-B4.jpg

He started trying to run with the RB before the QB even threw the ball.

Because the play design leads him to do that. You can see him watching the qb, and he doesn't bite on the fake hand off, the qb starts rolling out to his side, and he is mirroring him. Watch his head

LVE is following the RB whether he gets the hand off or it is a pass, because that is how the play is shaping out

If jaylon and lve are both on the RB for an immediate tackle, the qb turns up the field and runs for 20 yards. The WR's cleared the db out

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Neal's career has gone the same exact way as Jaylon. Are you forgetting he's a safety turned linebacker because he sucked at safety and had injuries? I mean it is what it is lol. If Neal is truly our best option at linebacker then I'm for it I'd like to think as a safety I Can trust his coverage skills more than Jaylon's. Ideally, I'd hope Cox can be ready to start for us at some point during this season.

1. Neal didn’t suck at safety.

2. None of what you said disproves that Neal is a better player than Jaylon.

Jaylon is a liability. For every play he makes, he has several plays where he takes bad angles, misreads the play, avoids contact, doesn’t shed a block, and allows big plays or for RB’s to gain more yards than they should.

Being a competent LB isn’t just about splash plays. It’s also about consistently down in and down out making the routine plays that limit the offenses ability to gain chunk yardage and also forces the offense into 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

Jaylon cannot be trusted to make the routine plays that a defense needs in order to regularly put themselves in a position to get off the field.

enough is enough already.

he wouldn’t even be on the team if it wasn’t for the horrible contract. He would have been cut already.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Because the play design leads him to do that. You can see him watching the qb, and he doesn't bite on the fake hand off, the qb starts rolling out to his side, and he is mirroring him. Watch his head

LVE is following the RB whether he gets the hand off or it is a pass, because that is how the play is shaping out

Complete nonsense.

If LVE’s assignment was the RB (which it appears to be), Jaylon’s assignment is the QB. There’s no defense where the play would call for two LBs to sell-out covering one RB.

If anything, Jaylon abandoned his assignment chasing the RB and could have left the defense exposed for a QB run/pass option, or for an open receiver in that zone.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Complete nonsense.

If LVE’s assignment was the RB (which it appears to be), Jaylon’s assignment is the QB. There’s no defense where the play would call for two LBs to sell-out covering one RB.

If anything, Jaylon abandoned his assignment chasing the RB and could have left the defense exposed for a QB run/pass option.

Hey Cal. Cut Jaylon some slack. “Play design”
Is why he got punked by BACKUP players for the Arizona cardinals.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
1. Neal didn’t suck at safety.

2. None of what you said disproves that Neal is a better player than Jaylon.

Jaylon is a liability. For every play he makes, he has several plays where he takes bad angles, misreads the play, avoids contact, doesn’t shed a block, and allows big plays or for RB’s to gain more yards than they should.

Being a competent LB isn’t just about splash plays. It’s also about consistently down in and down out making the routine plays that limit the offenses ability to gain chunk yardage and also forces the offense into 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

Jaylon cannot be trusted to make the routine plays that a defense needs in order to regularly put themselves in a position to get off the field.

enough is enough already.

he wouldn’t even be on the team if it wasn’t for the horrible contract. He would have been cut already.

No, but one of the biggest problem the qb's have had at LB'er is injuries. Jaylon is a really good rotational LB'er if he is not getting a large amount of snaps. If other guys win the majority of the snaps, having him is a huge plus. They can keep the LB core fresh through the whole game

HungryLion

Reaction score
No, but one of the biggest problem the qb's have had at LB'er is injuries. Jaylon is a really good rotational LB'er if he is not getting a large amount of snaps. If other guys win the majority of the snaps, having him is a huge plus. They can keep the LB core fresh through the whole game

Yes Jaylon and his 10 million cap hit, can do the same job that a 4th round rookie can be trusted to do.