Twitter: Sarcasm: Jaylon’s Still Got It

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1. Neal didn’t suck at safety.

2. None of what you said disproves that Neal is a better player than Jaylon.

Jaylon is a liability. For every play he makes, he has several plays where he takes bad angles, misreads the play, avoids contact, doesn’t shed a block, and allows big plays or for RB’s to gain more yards than they should.

Being a competent LB isn’t just about splash plays. It’s also about consistently down in and down out making the routine plays that limit the offenses ability to gain chunk yardage and also forces the offense into 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

Jaylon cannot be trusted to make the routine plays that a defense needs in order to regularly put themselves in a position to get off the field.

enough is enough already.

he wouldn’t even be on the team if it wasn’t for the horrible contract. He would have been cut already.

Like I said I'm not arguing against your opinion of Jaylon. Them days are long gone. I'm saying this is unfair heat and over the top. Because I sat here and watched the same preseason game that everyone else watched and I saw a sloppy mess from everyone on the team.

Ask yourself why Dan Quinn who's coached his entire career who doesn't even have a safety on the roster told Neal to change positions to linebacker lol.

I find it funny Neal is getting boosted but Jaylen is getting hate but I guess its the uncertainty of what evil Neal is and we know the evil Jaylon is.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yes Jaylon and his 10 million cap hit, can do the same job that a 4th round rookie can be trusted to do.

His contract is irrelevant. If him not being on the team with that contract was an option, everyone would be happier. That is not the situation.

If a 4th round lb'er beats him out, then I am all for the 4th rounder getting the snaps. LVE is is injury prone, and 2 of the lb'ers are rookies. Jaylon is not a bad card to have in your pocket

HungryLion

Reaction score
Like I said I'm not arguing against your opinion of Jaylon. Them days are long gone. I'm saying this is unfair heat and over the top. Because I sat here and watched the same preseason game that everyone else watched and I saw a sloppy mess from everyone on the team.

Ask yourself why Dan Quinn who's coached his entire career who doesn't even have a safety on the roster told Neal to change positions to linebacker lol.

I find it funny Neal is getting boosted but Jaylen is getting hate but I guess its the uncertainty of what evil Neal is and we know the evil Jaylon is.

I guess my take would be. You’re not the person who gets to decide what heat is fair or unfair.

Jaylon is a liability on defense. He shouldn’t be on the field. Not if you want the cowboys to actually win.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He got punked by backup players? Now you're being extra lol. ITs a preseason game lol. Jesus lol.....

I’m “being extra”.

since when are you the arbiter of what criticism is fair and unfair? Lol Jaylon is getting too much heat and I’m being “extra”

No. Jaylon has been trash for years now and HURTS THE TEAM WITH HIS BAD PLAY.

I want to win. I don’t want the cowboys to lose. That’s why I don’t like bad players WHO ARE LIABILITIES ON DEFENSE.

HungryLion

Reaction score
His contract is irrelevant. If him not being on the team with that contract was an option, everyone would be happier. That is not the situation.

If a 4th round lb'er beats him out, then I am all for the 4th rounder getting the snaps. LVE is is injury prone, and 2 of the lb'ers are rookies. Jaylon is not a bad card to have in your pocket

Ok great. We agree. Jaylon is a backup Lber at best.

glad we can agree on something.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m “being extra”.

since when are you the arbiter of what criticism is fair and unfair? Lol Jaylon is getting too much heat and I’m being “extra”

No. Jaylon has been trash for years now and HURTS THE TEAM WITH HIS BAD PLAY.

I want to win. I don’t want the cowboys to lose. That’s why I don’t like bad players WHO ARE LIABILITIES ON DEFENSE.

You're being extra if you think Jaylon has been the only liability in this franchise...a franchise that hasn't done anything in 25 years lol.

I'm just stating my opinion you're being extra...just like you're stating your opinion on Jaylon...what's the difference? You disagree? Fine. Like I said, your opinion of Jaylon isn't wrong IMO.

We trust Dan Quinn on everything but if he has Jaylon starting he must be wrong since he's the 5th best linebacker on the team according to you....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he was watching that RB then it was a complete fail. Absolutely terrible. I mean that's a fail for a high school LB. And I mean high school LB right there against the Cards.

The problem is it was 3rd down and the play was basically an option and he had to choose to let the QB run it for an easy 2 yards or try to hold it up and make him complete the pass for a first.

It was just a difficult play To make. Maybe if he runs straight to the QB then LVE stops the QB but either way it was just a good play by Arizona and not worth criticizing Jaylon over and I’m all for Jaylon criticism.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He is going to be a free agent come next off season.

most likely.

There are a bunch of new dynamics out there though. We added some nice pieces at dt, and Gregory and lawrence have not seen the field. We don't know how it will play out. Jaylon might end up playing at a high level, and get snaps

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The problem is it was 3rd down and the play was basically an option and he had to choose to let the QB run it for an easy 2 yards or try to hold it up and make him complete the pass for a first.

It was just a difficult play To make. Maybe if he runs straight to the QB then LVE stops the QB but either way it was just a good play by Arizona and not worth criticizing Jaylon over and I’m all for Jaylon criticism.

That theory is bunk.

The RB was LVE’s assignment. He (LVE) goes on a full sprint after the RB after he initially took a false step on the play-action.

Jaylon in the frame below has his shoulders and eyes completely away from the QB in a dead sprint trying run with the RB before the QB has even reared back to throw the ball.

AEFC49-BD-6-D09-4-E2-E-8009-91-A4-EB158225.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess my take would be. You’re not the person who gets to decide what heat is fair or unfair.
I'm confused here....who said I "decided" anything? I'm just stating a opinion on a Cowboys forum...is there some school you go to so you can get the right to say you think a guy is getting unfair criticism?

HungryLion

Reaction score
You're being extra if you think Jaylon has been the only liability in this franchise...a franchise that hasn't done anything in 25 years lol.

I'm just stating my opinion you're being extra...just like you're stating your opinion on Jaylon...what's the difference? You disagree? Fine. Like I said, your opinion of Jaylon isn't wrong IMO.

We trust Dan Quinn on everything but if he has Jaylon starting he must be wrong since he's the 5th best linebacker on the team according to you....

You’re welcome to your opinion. No worries there.

The truth is though rocy. The criticism of Jaylon in preseason wouldn’t be happening if he had played well the last couple of years.

he can shut me up by playing better this season. I hope he does.

I just think the cowboys are a better team with him not on the field. Until he shows me otherwise.