Sarcasm: Tyron Smith in mid-season form!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
sorry I disagree. Age wise maybe he is younger but he has the body of a 40 year old at this point. The only way this franchise moves forward is when they realize he cannot/will not stay healthy for close to a full season. As much as he is one of my all times, we have to move away from him at OT and build

I think that's why they took Matt Welescko from North Dakota.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I've said this many times, and I will keep saying it. Dallas should have traded him 3 years ago while he was worth something. He has not played a full season since 2015, and when he misses games he misses a lot of them.

You can tell you're a causal fan or you would know prior to 2020 season he never missed more than 3 games in a season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron didn't have a back issue last season and I could care less about his availability for OTAs. He just needs to be on the field week 1 or this offense is going to have a big problem.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Tyron Smith has missed 32 games over the past 6 seasons -- more than 5 games a season or almost 1/3rd per season.

He has missed 20 games out of 33 games the past 2 seasons -- Roughly 2/3rd of the games.

Your fooling yourself if you think this is trending in the right direction.

Top 4 highest paid LTs are Trent Williams, David Bakhtiar, Laremy Tunsil, & Ronnie Stanly

Trent Williams has not played in a full season scince 2013. He missed the entire 2019 season.

David Bakhtiar has missed 20 games in the last 2 seasons

Laremy Tunsil has missed 14 games in the last 2 seasons

Ronnie Stanly has missed 26 games in the last 2 seasons

You're fooling yourself if you think any of these guys are being put out to pasture. You stick with a dominate LT even if they miss a few games (it was a few for Tyron before 2020 & issues in 2021 were unrelated to his previous injuries). Tyron has a better contract the half the LTs in the league.

Get a good swing tackle and enjoy your HOF LT until the wheels actually fall off.

Last edited:

J_Allen

Reaction score
So now he can't even participate in mini camps.

I've been ready to move on for a few years now. Let him train this new kid and let it be his last season.

Praxit

Reaction score
..wasn't he doing well, until one of own knocked him out last year? He never fully recovered from it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He has lots left in the tank
He’s still young by oline standards
He has to stay healthy but when healthy he’s still a dominate player and could be for a few more years

This is what people have been saying for 5 years and we inevitably arrive at the same spot year after year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Techsass

Reaction score
We need a viable backup plan for Tyron, but the idea that we should cut him is just stupid. He is a top 5 LT. Who are we supposed to replace him with?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas has always leaned towards early time off for older veterans as well as protecting early season protections for them as well.

plasticman

Reaction score
Forget the Tyler Smith conversion to guard. It's obvious where he is going to be needed the most. That would be a great survey question. Which Smith will have the most starts at LT?

i wouldn't even depend of Tyron Smith, now entering his 12th season. I'm just going to assume that their starting tackles are going to be a rookie 1st round pick and a 3rd year undrafted free agent. Of course that means McGovern at LG with Biadasz at center. Martin will be RG and entering his 9th season.

When you look at successful offenses around the league, it's the O-line that sets the tone. That was certainly true for the Cowboys Super Bowl teams in the 90's. .Unless Tyron 's health issues miraculously disappears and Tyler is an instant Pro Bowler then that window has closed for the current team.

Pokes12

Reaction score
We need a viable backup plan for Tyron, but the idea that we should cut him is just stupid. He is a top 5 LT. Who are we supposed to replace him with?
I hear tell from Jerry and Stephen that Lindstrum is the guy they are grooming to slide into that LT spot. He may be a tad short, may have short arms, but he makes up for it with weakness.