Twitter: SAS: Dak Prescott should be making at least $25M

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think SAS is either a closet Cowboys fan or he's slowly morphing into a Cowboys fan. In the past couple of years, his positive comments about them have increased and the negative ones have decreased (that I've seen, but I don't watch him too much).

But since he's made his career about hating on the Cowboys, he can't come out and admit it.

He seems to like Dak and Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Cousins is getting 28 mil a year with his resume.....Dak's agent would be crazy to start with less than 28 mil. He should walk out of negotiations if SJ says anything less than 28 mil.

The only thing Cousins has over Dak is better numbers. The QB you need to look at is Jimmy G who’s making 27.5 M. Dak will make between 28 and 30M.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The only thing Cousins has over Dak is better numbers. The QB you need to look at is Jimmy G who’s making 27.5 M. Dak will make between 28 and 30M.
Jimmy has not even played in his entire career 16 games.....27.5 mil is an insult....In my Dak's agent voice

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The Joneses are trying to get a deal done sooner than later because they are expecting Dak to have a great season, which would drive up his price even more.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jimmy has not even played in his entire career 16 games.....27.5 mil is an insult....In my Dak's agent voice

Jimmy was a second round pick and the 49ers felt pressured to pay him that much because they gave up a second rounder to get him and didn’t want to lose him in free agency. I think Dak and his agent will be happy with anything from 28 to 30M annually. Guaranteed money will also be a key.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Health permitting and if Kellen Moore isn’t a total wash as an OC, Dak will have his first 4000 yard season in 2019.

I expect so. This is a legitimate offence and defence. The only thing is, I think the problem Dak will have is that he'll have a lot of short fields. That's a good thing though.

sean10mm

Reaction score
People keep acting like those who don't want to Pay Dak have an issue with the rising cap and the qb market.

We have a problem with thinking Dak is a near top of the market qb.

There is a difference. Learn it.

Only if you learn what a "top of the market" contract even is in the first place.

It's not $20m/year. It's not $25m. It's not even $30m. Top of the market now is $35m/year.

The middle of the starting QB market is $27-28 million/year now. Kirk "0-1 in the playoffs" Cousins, Jimmy "hasn't even played a full NFL season yet" Garoppolo and Matthew "0-3 in the playoffs" Stafford are all in that range.

Dak getting like $28m/year isn't paying him "near top of the market qb" money, it's paying him middle of the pack money.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jimmy was a second round pick and the 49ers felt pressured to pay him that much because they gave up a second rounder to get him and didn’t want to lose him in free agency. I think Dak and his agent will be happy with anything from 28 to 30M annually. Guaranteed money will also be a key.
IMO its an insult to Dak to even compare him to Jimmy. If Dak's agent demanded 30 mil I honestly would not blame him.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Jimmy Garoppolo's longest streak of games started in the NFL is 5 LMAO. And to think people wanted Brady benched for him way back in 2014, only for Brady to win 3 more Super Bowls and miss 0 games to injury while Garoppolo got knocked out after just a couple games in 2016 and 2018.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
IMO its an insult to Dak to even compare him to Jimmy. If Dak's agent demanded 30 mil I honestly would not blame him.

Jimmy has played very well in the games he’s started. He has 12 TD passes in eight starts. All of those TDs with a bad San Francisco team. He’s completed over 65% of his passes and his passer rating is around 97.0. He didn’t get much opportunity in New England playing behind Brady and got injured early last season. He has the potential to be a great QB.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Jimmy has played very well in the games he’s started. He has 12 TD passes in eight starts. Most of those TDs with a bad San Francisco team. He’s completed over 65% of his passes and his passer rating is around 97.0. He didn’t get much opportunity in New England playing behind Brady and got injured early last season. He has the potential to be a great QB.

Dak's is 96.0 over 48 starts. "Potential" is just "$#!& you haven't done yet."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak's is 96.0 over 48 starts. "Potential" is just "$#!& you haven't done yet."

Dak will make more than Jimmy G. As for potential it makes players a hell of a lot of money especially QBs. There’s several QBs making a lot of money that haven’t done ****.

InTheZone

Reaction score
sooner or later drafting a position and cycling players every 4-5 years due to ridiculous "market pricing" will be the norm.

This actually remind me a lot of Brandon Carr and his contract

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jimmy has played very well in the games he’s started. He has 12 TD passes in eight starts. All of those TDs with a bad San Francisco team. He’s completed over 65% of his passes and his passer rating is around 97.0. He didn’t get much opportunity in New England playing behind Brady and got injured early last season. He has the potential to be a great QB.
In my Dak's agent voice.....Jimmy can't hold Dak's jock strap!