Recommended Sat Next to David Irving on Flight

flosho

Reaction score
Dude is going to be in jail for a a serious crime or found dead in a hotel room with hookers within two years.. mark it down

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel for him, I really do.

Having to do something you hate for 1/2 hour, 20 Sundays or Mondays a year can be rough. The throw in a couple hours (or more) of physical work during those weeks?

Then the rest of the year you are required to put in a few hours a week in the gym. All this for a pesky few hundred K or a million or 2.

honestly I don't see how they're all not lined up jumping off bridges.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Actually , his only chance for success it seems would be to open his own store. If he has any money left, that is probably what he should do.

He may smoke all of the profits though!

I've though about this and would not shock me. He's fully vested and now gets a ton of benefits to live off of for a while. Wait a few years until it's legalized in TX then set up shop and have instant customers. Worked for him in college.

cern

Reaction score
irving seems to have an addictive nature. addicts are never in control of their lives. they are prone to do and say anything to justify their addictions. that includes abandoning family, stealing or committing other crimes to pay for their addictions. many seem to be applauding him for his most recent statements and actions. I think he needs help. former maverick roy Tarpley died at 50 due to liver complictions.

RoboQB

Reaction score
how do you know he's dumb?

For starters.....

If you're making 6-7 figures per year and you buy 5 cars but fail to purchase a home, you're dumb.

Cars generally depreciate in value the moment they are purchased.
Houses generally appreciate in value.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact situation, but maybe he went when his ex had limited custody. Players of all sports party and their wives/girlfriends know it. Quick to assume and we don't know due to privacy policies. Nothing I've read said he isn't providing, he missed a rent payment which re repaid. Not sure if that even has anything to do with the kids. You are just pissed because he quit as I am. Don't bring the kid factor in it. He's been paid and now qualified under the NFL pension policy. Kids will be fine.

Not forgiving him, it it what it is.
I take it back.
He's a model father, I'm sure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
irving seems to have an addictive nature. addicts are never in control of their lives. they are prone to do and say anything to justify their addictions. that includes abandoning family, stealing or committing other crimes to pay for their addictions. many seem to be applauding him for his most recent statements and actions. I think he needs help. former maverick roy Tarpley died at 50 due to liver complictions.

True but as a grown man he made his choice then burned the bridge behind him. I seriously doubt any team will have any interest in him.

stiletto

Reaction score
For starters.....

If you're making 6-7 figures per year and you buy 5 cars but fail to purchase a home, you're dumb.

There's a guy that lives next door to me, he is a Financial Adviser...has 2 young babies, a newer Maserati, a really nice Jeep Wrangler rig (newer also), and his wife drives a brand new Volvo XC-90. They are renting the house for $3500 a month. I own my house and drive an old Tundra pickup with no payment required. I am still perplexed by it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There's a guy that lives next door to me, he is a Financial Adviser...has 2 young babies, a newer Maserati, a really nice Jeep Wrangler rig (newer also), and his wife drives a brand new Volvo XC-90. They are renting the house for $3500 a month. I own my house and drive an old Tundra pickup with no payment required. I am still perplexed by it.

I believe the answer is in your neighbor's job title.

Sammy

Reaction score
I believe the answer is in your neighbor's job title.

I thought financial advisors always tell you to buy a house. Strange that this one is renting when he apparently has plenty of money to buy. Maybe that rule has changed.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I thought financial advisors always tell you to buy a house. Strange that this one is renting when he apparently has plenty of money to buy. Maybe that rule has changed.

Not everyone likes being a homeowner. Maintenance and all that stuff. I'm a financial advisor and generally recommend purchasing a house as well. I've built some nice equity in my house of 20 years, however I'm now looking at spending $20k for a new roof and $10k for stucco just to maintain the equity.

I also don't blame young players necessarily for renting. You could sign a mortgage then be traded the next day to another city.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should have asked him why he didn't play the Jones boys another year. It was a lucrative racket for him.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Not that you had/have an obligation to keep the details of your conversation to yourself, but it strikes me as peculiar that you feel the need to share that information. Are you a member of the press? If so, did you identify yourself as such and further mention that the conversation was on the record? Those are salacious details that are really for him to share, not you.

I've met many, many high profile people, including a boatload of former Cowboy players. Other than 's/he was very pleasant' (if they were), I'd never dream of sharing the details of our conversations.

As far as Irving, I wish him nothing but the best.

shabazz

Reaction score
For starters.....

Exactly, if nothing else the epic movie, “BabyBoy” told as that there are either Brothers with Butter, or Brothers with Guns.
Basically an Economics 101 lesson for the community .

Wood

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he’s been addicted to Xanax multiple times and weed helped him get off.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.

I actually have more respect for him now. Anything that puts you into a depression is worth getting out of. I just hope he realizes there is more to life outside of football than just blunts.