Recommended Sat Next to David Irving on Flight

Dodger12

Reaction score
As usual, people conflate this argument (and Randy Gregory's) about the legalization of weed with following a work related policy. Millions of s have to follow certain rules and guidelines for our behavior to be employed at certain jobs and most of those guidelines have nothing to do with weed. Most "normal" people, if given the choice and the opportunity, would chose to make millions over smoking weed. Those that don't or won't are idiot and fools. If someone told me I'd have to be a vegan and not eat any meat in exchange for 70 million over 5 years....guess what, pass me the salad. Truth is, DI is addicted to weed and no amount of excuse making and condoning his actions because of one's personal belief on the legalization issue will change my mind.

And for these folks who believe in the nirvana of "loving" your job. We'd all like that but it's not always possible. Some are lucky and can have that where they work. Many accept the money and the grind of 9 to 5 because people count on us. Would I love to do something else that I "love" more? Sure, but it won't pay me what my job pays me. The mortgage won't get paid, the kids college bills will pile up and I'd fail in my responsibility as the breadwinner. Bottom line, this guy's an idiot.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
If you are a guy that would rather burn weed all day than make millions of dollars on a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity that 99.99% of the population would kill to have....... everyone is a Boy Scout Leader.

good thing that's not the case here. he didn't like playing, period. he didn't blame it on weed. he didn't like playing, and that's it.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
As the son of an EMT/Firefighter who responded to all of the dismemberment, evisceration and death wrought by alcohol or any other intoxicant, you're not gonna find me supporting alcohol consumption either. Just because one substance is a bad mix with the operation of a massive piece of machinery, doesn't mean we should add another.

it won't be legal to drive after smoking just because marijuana is made legal.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Your optimistic....I bet he's dead before he's 35. He's just that dumb. I'm trying to think...what does he think he's going to do for cash in 5 years?

Sell drugs????

He's either dead...or headed to prison. Maybe he will move to Colorado or Oregon and start a pot farm.

Hell who knows....regardless. What a waste.:(

how do you know he's dumb?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Personally I don't think weed is a big deal what I do find as a big deal is when a substance starts to control you. You can have prescription medication that can become addictive which is a real problem across the nation. To watch a person with great talent flush it down the drain because getting high means more to him just seems a waste of talent. But it is his life he can do what he chooses.
Good post DD. It's ironic that the prescribed medications in this country are causing as much harm as the garbage coming into the country illegally. Money and profit are the basis for all kinds of evil.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
And some were afraid we would lose him because we put a second round tender on him. Like I said at the time, that tender was bait that the Cowboys were hoping someone would take. Too bad they didn't snag him, we could have sure used that 2nd round pick. The Cowboys FO KNEW what they were doing.
Seems like the word "Depressed" is being used way too much. Sounds to me like he has an issue with authority (taking orders) and used/uses weed as an excuse.

Maybe he will find his way and if I open a Hemp store he would probably come work for me. lol
He will be out of money and working at Walmart. Wonder what he really likes to do? You can't make a living smokin dope....not yet.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Agreed. Just a matter of time when we hear years from now how David Irving is living in a tent off of San Pedro Street or Skid Row in Los Angeles.

For all of those praising him for doing what he truly loves, that's only hurting him, not helping.

I just saw this. I was in LA a couple months ago. That tent city is 5 city blocks long. There are actual businesses around them. I have been traveling to CA for a long time and have noticed a definite decline in the last 3-5 years. What is most interesting is the people in that tent city. Some stereo typical bums but many were physically able young people. They are living there in actual camping equipment. It is like a camping party to many people in there. Drugs are rampant. A disgrace that it is allowed to thrive and grow. California is on a downward trajectory. It may not come back from this.

Falco78

Reaction score
Why are you hurt about this? What makes him a pos human?
He stole money while lying about his intentions! He's a thief and a POS. If you owned a company and someone stole from you how would you feel?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
So, what I got from all that is that he's either been dealing drugs or doing them for most of his life, is depressed because he can't continue to do them & still play a sport he had no desire to play anyway, will now have to sell off some of the vehicles that the sport he didn't like helped him afford to buy & wanted to make sure he was all set to get high as soon as possible once he left your plane. Yeah. Good riddance.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
great for him but he stole money by signing to play & then not really following thru with it. He coulda walked away earlier. It is what it is. Move on & find someone who wants to play & wants to be great.

Kaiser

Reaction score
good thing that's not the case here. he didn't like playing, period. he didn't blame it on weed. he didn't like playing, and that's it.

You don't think the two are related? Chronic cannabis use is a completely different animal than the average player who burns in the offseason.

And in Irving's case, this is basically the guy with four DUI's sitting in his jail cell saying "I can quit drinking any time I want".

Kaiser

Reaction score
it won't be legal to drive after smoking just because marijuana is made legal.

Its always been illegal. Driving While Impaired in California includes weed, cough medicine or anything that impacts your ability to drive. And weed has been de facto legal in California for 20 years.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Seems like the word "Depressed" is being used way too much. Sounds to me like he has an issue with authority (taking orders) and used/uses weed as an excuse.

Maybe he will find his way and if I open a Hemp store he would probably come work for me. lol
He will be out of money and working at Walmart. Wonder what he really likes to do? You can't make a living smokin dope....not yet.

Actually , his only chance for success it seems would be to open his own store. If he has any money left, that is probably what he should do.

He may smoke all of the profits though!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good post DD. It's ironic that the prescribed medications in this country are causing as much harm as the garbage coming into the country illegally. Money and profit are the basis for all kinds of evil.

The addiction is the problem and yes I would question any person who threw away a high paying career because they wanted to get stoned instead. He is a grown man he can do as he chooses, just glad he is not a concern for the Cowboys any longer.