Recommended Sat Next to David Irving on Flight

superonyx

Reaction score
Well he told this guy he has to sell cars for money, so my guess is that as silly as JoeKing can be, he might not be that far from reality here.

Irving strikes me as someone who is very immature, doesn’t like to take responsibility for himself, etc.

It would not surprise me if, I’m fat, a few years from now we find out he is struggling financially.

Unless of course one of those pot jobs he claims he could get comes through!
If you want to assume the worst of the guy then you would assume that he needs to sell his cars for money. You could also assume that he is financially smart and realizes that it’s better financially to sell off any depreciation assets. Maybe he is using the money to invest in a business.

Maybe he doesn’t value the same things as others.

One of the happiest men I have ever known walked away from a very lucrative career as a foreign exchange trader on Wall Street. He lives a modest life working with sheltered animals. He’s never been happier.

JoeKing makes these nasty comments about every player from time to time. It says more about him than the person he is bad mouthing.

The Dallas1575

Reaction score
I am going to miss him... miss him like I missed my buddy who took the weed out the hotel room when I was trying to blaze

exciter

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he’s been addicted to Xanax multiple times and weed helped him get off.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.
Hmmm.... wonder how many people go to a job they dont really care for everyday? Two years from now when he's a resident in a penitiary, I wonder how much he'll like it. Guy has the basic reasoning skills of a rock!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Story in USA Today basically JG told him to quit and smoke as much as he wanted. He was told he had become a distraction. Basically it gave me a little more respect for JG. Of course Jerry of course was the good guy

RoboQB

Reaction score
I call bs on the whole story.

In this day of social media, and no selfie with the "social butterfly"?

ksadler1

Reaction score
This actually clears up alot of things. All things considered, I'm glad he's happy and wish him well. On a much smaller $$ scale, l think we can all relate to how he feels. If you hate what you do, life can be very depressing. You just hope and pray that things will work out in the long run...

Plumfool

Reaction score
Irving has already opened his own CBD infused wellness products business. Doesn’t appear to be burning through his money just yet.

BTW he’s also trying to help those who battle depression and TBI

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wow. This is some excellent insight into David Irving, the person.

It makes sense to walk away from football if he never enjoyed playing it, but I have a hard time accepting this as the only reason. The money is just too good. Personally, I would have stuck it out at least a couple more years and then enjoyed the kind of life several million dollars worth of security can provide.

I worry that Irving is leading himself down a dark path. His history of drug selling and usage tells me he's not going to be very accustomed to a standard everyday-type job.

Right now it's a tragedy that all his football talent is going to waste. Let's hope his life doesn't go to waste, too.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If you want to assume the worst of the guy then you would assume that he needs to sell his cars for money. You could also assume that he is financially smart and realizes that it’s better financially to sell off any depreciation assets. Maybe he is using the money to invest in a business.

Maybe he doesn’t value the same things as others.

One of the happiest men I have ever known walked away from a very lucrative career as a foreign exchange trader on Wall Street. He lives a modest life working with sheltered animals. He’s never been happier.

JoeKing makes these nasty comments about every player from time to time. It says more about him than the person he is bad mouthing.
This man and I would get along. I'm still saving for that ranch like Kinky...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What a great idea!

I just wish we could convince all the people stealing everything that's not nailed down because they're strung out on something and have run out of money to pay for it to do the same .... you know.... and the ones that have created the situation where I can't buy certain cough medicines over the counter because they have to be under lock and key...... oh... and the guys down in Mexico that are massacring a large section of the population to gain control over the means to produce and distribute drugs.... yeah, those guys to.
Lordy, I didn't hear Irving was a murderous drug runner stealing condensers out of people's AC units during his down time. Sounded to me like he was not happy playing football and I believe the dumbest thing a person can do is spend 1/3 or more of their life doing something they hate.

In ten years, smoking weed is going to be like chewing gum and the NFL will stop testing for it long before that. It's too far down the criminality chain for me to get in a twist about.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time... this guy is going to burn threw every penny he has and he really will be homeless and carless and begging on the streets.
Based on what? Just because he doesn't like football?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Lordy, I didn't hear Irving was a murderous drug runner stealing condensers out of people's AC units during his down time. Sounded to me like he was not happy playing football and I believe the dumbest thing a person can do is spend 1/3 or more of their life doing something they hate.

In ten years, smoking weed is going to be like chewing gum and the NFL will stop testing for it long before that. It's too far down the criminality chain for me to get in a twist about.

Lordy, I didn't hear that chewing gum gave people a buzz and affected their sobriety. I guess I've been missing out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/legalized-marijuana-linked-sharp-rise-car-crashes-n921511

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/fatal-car-accidents-involving-marijuana-have-tripled-in-u-s--32314

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he’s been addicted to Xanax multiple times and weed helped him get off.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.

Too bad he hates doing something he's so good at and that can make him so much money.

" * he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country. "

That's an interesting fact. Jerry should have bought Gregory a house in Mexico.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't even bother throwing my hat into the ring any longer.
What good is it?

JPostSam

Reaction score
Awesome. Good for him, then. He should do him. Not really going to miss him tho.

Great story.

this is exactly how i feel.

if he’s happy, and he isn’t hurting anyone, great.

but the team needs players who want to be there and who want to play more than they want/need to get high.

moving on.