Recommended Sat Next to David Irving on Flight

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For me the book is closed on David Irving, when I hear his name I will always think what might have been. His choice to smoke weed was disappointing to me because he could have helped the Cowboys, his why's and wherefore don't matter to me. Best of luck to both he and the Cowboys, may they never miss each other.
Join the Losers Club

David Irving
Rolando McClain
Randy Gregory
Josh Brent
Greg Hardy
Joe Randle
Dez Bryant- could have been a Cowboy for life

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Join the Losers Club

David Irving
Rolando McClain
Randy Gregory
Josh Brent
Greg Hardy
Joe Randle
Dez Bryant- could have been a Cowboy for life

You forgot the biggest loser of them all. Quincy "the bong" Carter!!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not addicted, never taken one but I do know people that have even overdose on Xanax, it's a dangerous drug

Ok, I was ignorant to that drug. Took it a few times and fell asleep every time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lets see.... admitted drug dealer quits a lucrative NFL professional career because he prefers to get high. Travels from town to town to go to parties. What could go wrong here?
Add the fact he admitted he flies into Monterrey, Mexico to get high and more. I would not be surprised if we hear he's doing business with some very bad elements someday.

Verdict

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the OP. I personally think he is an idiot who will most likely end up broke, in prison and/or die an early death because of poor choices.

If he doesn't want to play football fine. That's believable. But part of me believes that's disengeuine. What else is he going to say if he isn't going to own up to his actions? Hey I'm such a screwup I can't stay off drugs? So he paints it as a choice.

He can't be "that" intelligent if he let himself stay in that crazy relationship with his baby momma. A person can get emotionally suckered in to those types of situations but eventually if you have any sense at all you decide it's not worth it and get out.

He is a buffoon.

It would have been interesting to ask him if he reads Cowboyszone.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
today from LAX to DFW. Flew out to watch the Spence vs Mikey fight. David is a social butterfly. Literally talked to him the entire flight. I wanted to pick his brain. Here are some of the things we discussed:

*David Irving says he sold drugs as a teen and it continued while in college and made a lot of money.

* he mentioned multiple times that he’s going to the “after parties” after the fight. but didn’t seem to care about the fight itself.

* he’d spend the offseasons in Mexico (Monterrey)because apparently the NFL cannot drug test you if you’re out of the country.

*He hates football and never liked playing it but his parents would make him because he was great at it. His dad was a marine and coached him hard. But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

* he’s been addicted to Xanax multiple times and weed helped him get off.

* he said he’s been depressed for 2 years and since quitting football he’s the happiest he’s ever been.

* he owns 5 cars but doesn’t own a house. He said he has to sell off some of his cars.

* He said Jerry Jones always showed him love and really tried to help him out. Didn’t like Garrett and said he’s like a Boy Scout leader.

* as soon as we landed he called his ride and asked him if he had “his blunts”. I am not joking.

In closing he’s such a bright guy. Very intellectual, intelligent. I told him the 2016 game@ GB was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen a DL play. He appreciated it reiterated that he didn’t really like playing it at all. I ended telling him that I do respect you for walking away from something if you don’t love it, do what makes you happy.

Just thought I’d share.

History of depression. Very talkative. Revealing very personal details to a stranger in a plane. Making reckless financial decisions. Taking risks. Impulsivity. Lack of inhibition. Has been prescribed benzodiazepines for years now.

He may be dealing with more than depression. I feel for the guy. He’s likely to have a day or reckoning when he regrets the things he’s doing right now.

Xanax is a dangerous medication. Tolerance, dependence, difficult and protracted withdrawal and it is very hard on the body when combined with alcohol.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Awesome talent. The most talented I’ve seen on the Dallas D since DWare. I get why he quit, just selfish he didn’t use it enough while playing for the Cowboys.
Best of luck to him!

Sydla

Reaction score
Based on what?
He can’t get a job ever?

Why assume everyone is you?

Well he told this guy he has to sell cars for money, so my guess is that as silly as JoeKing can be, he might not be that far from reality here.

Irving strikes me as someone who is very immature, doesn’t like to take responsibility for himself, etc.

It would not surprise me if, I’m fat, a few years from now we find out he is struggling financially.

Unless of course one of those pot jobs he claims he could get comes through!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
But David said multiple times he hated playing football.

And this tells you all you need to know. Weed or no weed, wouldn't have mattered. All this crying about the NFL, about Garrett...he would have shafted the team regardless. Good riddance and please disappear now. You never deserved to wear the Star.

Also, the dude might want to rethink going to boxing matches and after parties now that he's unemployed, especially since he likes to talk about already being "not rich".

If he likes being "not rich," it sounds like the rest of his life will likely be much poorer than it is now. He'll love that, no doubt. :rolleyes:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
My prediction: he eventually gets caught selling and running drugs by the DEA, cuts a deal and gets his life story turned into a movie. It will be half Goodfellas, half Any Given Sunday.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Great stuff! Thanks for the info! What flight were you on? My family and I flew out of LA to DFW at 250 yesterday! Didn’t see Irving but the Dreamliner is a giant plane and there are a ton of flights a day