Saturday Morning Cartoons

quickccc

Reaction score
Tarzan- Lord of the Jungle animation 1976 (per creators-producers Norm Prescott/Lou Schemier) ..another Sat- fav of mine :thumbup:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:cool:

Xmen anime 90's
The artwork was so-so but X-Men may be one of the best cartoons of the 20th century. The theme song is definitely one of the best of all-time in my opinion. I loved how the show would occasionally push the envelope of what should be considered 'appropriate' material for Saturday morning programming. Even something as simple as each episode's intro 'Previously, on X-Men' recap was well-done.

quickccc

Reaction score
The artwork was so-so but X-Men may be one of the best cartoons of the 20th century. The theme song is definitely one of the best of all-time in my opinion. I loved how the show would occasionally push the envelope of what should be considered 'appropriate' material for Saturday morning programming. Even something as simple as each episode's intro 'Previously, on X-Men' recap was well-done.

Ironically the theme song and the final season was the only things that i did not like about Xmen 90s anime. i agree with that the artwork was fairly ' meh" and decent.
But still to this day,.. the action sequences and plot write was still much better than the Xmen series that follow down the road, imo
i thought those like
Xmen Evolution,..
Xmen- Marvel Anime,
Ultimate Xmen,
Astonishing Xmen ... was lesser in action/plot than the 92' Xmen version ... Although it cannot be consider artful , i thought Wolverine and the Xmen was the action that i was looking for in that format

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I was a huge Voltron fan
Captain N - The Game Master (hence the nickname)
That Super Mario Bros/Zelda show.
GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Thundercats
X-Men
Transformers (and Go Bots)
He-Man when really young.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I don't recall which were Saturday and which were weekday, but I watched these

quickccc

Reaction score
I was a huge Voltron fan
GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Thundercats
X-Men

I liked Voltron too.
and I could not decide which Voltron version I liked best. - the original five Lions version .. or newer version ?

quickccc

Reaction score
I was a huge Voltron fan
GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Thundercats
X-Men

and I also liked Transformers too.
Always been just a brilliant idea and concept. AutoBots, Decepticons, Optimus Prime, Megatron, GoBots , Bumble Bee, and even when the Dinobots were involved.

I was shocked when I found out there would actually be a live action version of Transformers.
I just had to see how the CGI special effects would be planned for that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Transformers.
G.I. Joe.
Thunder Cats.
Smurfs.
He-Man.
Popeye.

I'll take back then over anything today.

Now you are talking up my alley!!! I loved these shows as a kid! Especially Thundercats. I remember Burger King was running a Thundercats promotion back then and I would always make my parents to so I could collect the stupid little plastic collectibles. Wish I still had them.

interesting that only the Smurfs and Thunder Cats are the only ones on your list that hasn't been made into a live action film ...(yet ?)
( thunder...thunder...thunder ..thunder-cats! ..Hooooooo !).... I luuuved that intro scene ! :)

Voltron - (Defender of the Universe) was another big hit I liked too.

Funny, I have been joking about this exact thing for a few years now! I always proclaim that Hollywood has officially ran out of ideas, so, where is my Thundercats movie? haha I know they'll screw it up but I would at least like to be entertained with an attempt.

nobody

Reaction score
Now you are talking up my alley!!! I loved these shows as a kid! Especially Thundercats. I remember Burger King was running a Thundercats promotion back then and I would always make my parents to so I could collect the stupid little plastic collectibles. Wish I still had them.

Funny, I have been joking about this exact thing for a few years now! I always proclaim that Hollywood has officially ran out of ideas, so, where is my Thundercats movie? haha I know they'll screw it up but I would at least like to be entertained with an attempt.

I wish I still had the glass collectibles from Burger King for Empire Strikes Back.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
There were a lot of great cartoons in the early 70's. Too many to list here but many of you know the ones. Saturday morning cartoons were grrRREAT!!!

nobody

Reaction score
There were a lot of great cartoons in the early 70's. Too many to list here but many of you know the ones. Saturday morning cartoons were grrRREAT!!!

Including Quick Draw McGraw..well, he was earlier, but reruns baby!