Saturday wildcard playoff games

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Both of these teams are way too tense.

I get playing a divisional rival for the third time is hard, but they are both extremely conservative.

Carson

Reaction score
Both of these teams are way too tense.

I get playing a divisional rival for the third time is hard, but they are both extremely conservative.

It's how the bengals play with mccarron. I don't think they converted a single 3rd down last week.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's how the bengals play with mccarron. I don't think they converted a single 3rd down last week.

They didn't.

Just makes you wonder sometimes how coaches go into a shell without the starter.

We saw that all season.

I understand how things change with the reserve, but I hope teams start looking seriously at the backup positions and start understanding that you can't hamstring yourself because you lose the starter.

It would really improve the quality of the games. There have been a lot of games ruined because of backup QBs just looking awful because they are so different from the first string that the entire offense is predicated upon.

I am not saying go completely to the college approach, but look at how college coaches design things. When is the last time you saw a strong college team fall apart because they lost a starting QB?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I really, really really hate the "HHHHHHEEEEEEATH" chants when the Steelers are on the road.

About as insipid and brainless as the "KKKKUUUUUHHHHN" roar when the Packers are the visitors.

Haha. That's funny. I used to have a friend in the 90's that was a Packers fan that said the same thing about when people yelled "Mooooooooose" in every stadium.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rain is really coming down......turnovers will win this game

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I just realized we haven't heard a negative peep out of Pacman in years. Good for him.

They were talking about him on sports radio the other day, totally turned his life around.. Doesn't go by Pacman anymore, he's just Adam now..

joseephuss

Reaction score
They didn't.

Just makes you wonder sometimes how coaches go into a shell without the starter.

We saw that all season.

I understand how things change with the reserve, but I hope teams start looking seriously at the backup positions and start understanding that you can't hamstring yourself because you lose the starter.

It would really improve the quality of the games. There have been a lot of games ruined because of backup QBs just looking awful because they are so different from the first string that the entire offense is predicated upon.

I am not saying go completely to the college approach, but look at how college coaches design things. When is the last time you saw a strong college team fall apart because they lost a starting QB?

I think backup QBs need more practices reps. Ernie Zampese gave the backups 0% of the snaps in practices, which is extreme. Bruce Coslet in 2002 split the reps almost 50-50 in the first half of the season. Another extreme, which was dumb. I think most teams give the 2nd stringer less than 10% of the snaps. I think they need more than that to improve their chances if they have to play extensively.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They were talking about him on sports radio the other day, totally turned his life around.. Doesn't go by Pacman anymore, he's just Adam now..

I wonder what triggered the turnaround. Whatever it was Marvin and the staff deserve some credit in reigning him in.

Reaction score
When is the last time you saw a strong college team fall apart because they lost a starting QB?

Oregon in their bowl game against TCU. But I get your point.