Saturday wildcard playoff games

jimmy40

Reaction score
so has anyone called out AJ Green for not even trying to recover Hill's fumble? Dude just stopped and watched the Pittsburg player pick up the ball.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It wasn't just where or how he hit him. He was late coming in and had enough time to pull up and not blast a defenseless reciever. Burfict is a jack ***, same as pac man. Those guys will find themselves on the wrong end of calls.

It was entirely about where. Burfict was low and looking at Brown, not the ball. He can't pull up and miss him at full speed. And what if Brown had caught it? The same hit still occurs and the penalty is still called. It's a flaw with the rule that the offensive player has power to dictate. Similar to how in basketball if the defender jumps straight up and then the guy with the ball purposefully jumps into him to take a shot. The defender gets the foul (which is stupid IMO).

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
In 2013 Stealer's head coach Tomlin interferes with a play in progress. He gets a 100K fine and the threat of lost draft picks.

In a prime time playoff game:
Stealer's coach Munchak gets a personal foul called on him after he pulled reggie nelson's hair.
Stealer's coach Porter starts a fight by coming into the Bengals defensive huddle.

Think anything will be done?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If shazier cant make that tackle, then this isnt football anymore. May as well make it flag football. Now, Im not saying he did or didnt "try to spear". It was close, but I dont think you can prove that was his intention. He was a guy trying to make a tackle. --- In burflicts case, again imho, I think there was a time before contact, that he couldve avoided that hit....and his intention was to go high.

I am going to review it today, I cant discount Brown intentionally trying to draw a flag..................

Burfict went low...not sure how you can say he was trying to go high.

bkeavs

Reaction score
If Antonio brown did what burfict did to burfict would it even be addressed or noticed ?

Brown jumps lands and lowers his head as burfict is running past him with a tensed up arm and his head up. He barely contacts him really.

You ok bro

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
oh BS, Brown lowered his head right into the hit,

his head didn't move jimmy................!
Turned the game on at the end to watch the stealers lose. One of the exact reasons I can't stand them get lucky as $*$* and get a win when the game was over.

they are a tough team. they are in the playoffs year in and year out. Ben is a really good QB. They find players all the time, brown is on his way to be the best ever, and the coaching and mgmt is top notch.

But they are the lucky team....thats for sure, The two Super Bowl wins, they played the Seahawks, who weren't the version we see today, and the Cardinals.....

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Burfict went low...not sure how you can say he was trying to go high.

imho, and it seems like most everybody else is on this side too, he shouldve had time to avoid that hit......

and his history is starting to add up. no more mistakes for him. No more, "hey it wasnt my fault, i was just being aggressive defense for him. And I agree, with what we know now, about head injuries....guys like him wont be in the league long..... They may suspend him more then a few games.

whatever the case may be, his fault or not, if he doesnt change his game, he just wont be around too much longer...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
his head didn't move jimmy................!

they are a tough team. they are in the playoffs year in and year out. Ben is a really good QB. They find players all the time, brown is on his way to be the best ever, and the coaching and mgmt is top notch.

But they are the lucky team....thats for sure, The two Super Bowl wins, they played the Seahawks, who weren't the version we see today, and the Cardinals.....

The main reason I hate them is those 2 superbowls. The refs completely gave them the seattle one and for sure helped them in the cardinals one.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
imho, and it seems like most everybody else is on this side too, he shouldve had time to avoid that hit......

and his history is starting to add up. no more mistakes for him. No more, "hey it wasnt my fault, i was just being aggressive defense for him. And I agree, with what we know now, about head injuries....guys like him wont be in the league long..... They may suspend him more then a few games.

whatever the case may be, his fault or not, if he doesnt change his game, he just wont be around too much longer...

Why to people always change arguments?

"He went high."

"No he didn't."

"He should have been able to hold up." (And I don't necissarily agree with this either.)

The penalty wasn't for being late. If the ball was caught there would still have been the penalty and nobody could even try to claim the whole, "he should have held up," thing.

And btw, his head absolutely moved.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
If he plays next week he deserves an Oscar. The whole raising hands thing makes me think he flopped.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Why to people always change arguments?

"He went high."

"No he didn't."

"He should have been able to hold up." (And I don't necissarily agree with this either.)

The penalty wasn't for being late. If the ball was caught there would still have been the penalty and nobody could even try to claim the whole, "he should have held up," thing.

And btw, his head absolutely moved.

no. his head didnt move...not in any significant way , that someone could make a claim like your making....

And, I think having time to avoid the hit, plays a big part in determining the intention of the hit.......... he didnt need to make that hit.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
no. his head didnt move...not in any significant way , that someone could make a claim like your making....

And, I think having time to avoid the hit, plays a big part in determining the intention of the hit.......... he didnt need to make that hit.

I disagree on all counts.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The Stealers are what they are today because they have always been classless thugs who have benefitted from dubious call after dubious call in big games. The Bengals are forever jealous of them and they let their inferiority complex get the best of them. Players, coaches and fans on both sides are a disgrace. It is comical how the image driven NFL hold the Stealers up as an example of how a franchise should be.

Everson24

Reaction score
Say what you want about Ben but the guy is a winner. Down and out comes back and leads his team to victory with 1 1/2 arms.

What did he really do but throw a couple of screen passes? The refs and the Bungles gave them the 30 yards they needed.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What did he really do but throw a couple of screen passes? The refs and the Bungles gave them the 30 yards they needed.

What he did is move the ball something his backup couldn't do while he was in. Penalties are part of the game and he got the job done.