Say what you will but Jerry and Stephen and McCarthy are doing a good job

CCBoy

Reaction score
From a financial perspective, sure.

From a football perspective? Yeah, I don't think a lot of teams would be lining up to hire Jerry Jones and his son as co-GMs.
It was the exact contribution that brought the Cowboys from deep debt and provided the manpower to have success. Don't attempt a real rewrite of true history with some myth instead. Jimmy could have been a lot less vain and not sold out both his players and Jerry. He dropped the real ball and Jerry Jones wasn't the cause of Tom Landry being replaced. The franchise was deep in debt. Tom Landry was old. The Cowboys roster was weak and losing.

Logic now blames Jerry for 3 Lombardis.

rambo2

Reaction score
No, that's not it. A "football guy" is someone who has spent years in the game and has done his time to learn and understand. Jerry has spent years, but he does not learn well, and definitely does not understand.
Lol, I love these posts. Somehow he just put this great team together.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This desire to spike the ball and claim victory at this point is weird. But it happens every time we get on a run only to then get disappointed.

Let's talk about what a good job Jerry, Stephen and Mike did after we get through this guantlet of games and into the playoffs. Because if today you want to say they've done a really nice job and then we go 1-3 over the next 4, then this ball spiking is going to look kinda foolish.
It reminds me of the "who gets the credit" flurry of posts in 2021, the last of which was me asking "who gets the credit" for losing at home in the wild card round.

It's fine to be excited about a 9-3 team but we've seen this before. The ending doesn't change until the Cowboys change it, so I'll hold off on the attaboys for now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM might be the most verbally abused and under-appreciated HC in the NFL over the last several years. The sheer disrespect of this SB winning HC is astounding. Everyone threw him in the trash can when he took over the play calling and sent KM packing. Turns out, the guy can still draw up a damn good scheme and call a great game. Dak has a full grasp of the offense now. Yes, Jerry, Steven, and MM have been calculated and so far, spot on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It reminds me of the "who gets the credit" flurry of posts in 2021, the last of which was me asking "who gets the credit" for losing at home in the wild card round.

It's fine to be excited about a 9-3 team but we've seen this before. The ending doesn't change until the Cowboys change it, so I'll hold off on the attaboys for now.
I'm not into hero worship, insult, or not appreciating very good play when it happens.

I'm a fan, not a gold digger who can no longer say thank you...and measuring only to a medal so he can pin that on his chest.

coult44

Reaction score
Because he doesn't comprehend the intracacies of the game.

Example: "You don't need a good OLine if you have a mobile QB."

Statements such as these show unequivocally that Jerry is not a "football guy". He's a businessman.
It’s crazy how little some of understand comprehension. But I get it, if you’re trying to make a point, you twist up something someone said to make it fit your argument.

But since you said it, I’ll bite. I assume you’re talking about what Jerry said 10-11 years ago about Tony Romo. And what he said was that “IF you’re gonna have a weakness in the area of Offensive Line, it’s good to have a QB like Tony Romo.” And guess what, he’s absolutely correct. That’s elementary football knowledge, not the other way around. In fact, we probably argued about how y’all misquoted that way back then.

Cmon man, you gotta be better than that.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Maybe, I guess. More like a broken clock is right twice a day.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It's sad.

Eagles had less than 2 million in cap space, and they still pulled off the deal.

for 300k in cap.
Cap space had nothing to do with it. He was getting vet minimum no matter where he signed.

They have a bigger need for him and he’ll end up starting. Wasn’t a certainty here.

He made a football decision.

Only way this is on our front office is if you want to argue that our front office did a better job at keeping their LBs stocked.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The right track to what exactly? More regular season wins and falling flat in January? Then sure, we have been on that track for almost 3 decades.

Yes, they do hit on some high draft picks but also waste too many. This past draft was very bad.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So you want us to give him credit after 25+ years post Jimmy Johnson for finally taking a step back from operations, hiring a real personnel guru and a proven winning and at least somewhat credible coaching staff (outside of Parcells), even though the team has yet to even sniff an NFC championship game in that time frame? Objectively speaking, the only way I would maintain such a job with that performance record is due to being the owner and/or nepotism.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

sure final grades are final grades..you can appreciate mid terms also, doesnt mean your locked out of grading a final grade...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cowboys put out a good product. Football is single elimination and people get way too caught up in outcomes.

The offense, defense, and special teams are all young, talented, and well-coached. They win a lot of games. We are almost a lock to go to the playoffs for the third straight year.

I give Cowboys leadership credit for that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three questions.

First, are the following professionals fulfilling their job responsibilities?

A postal worker inserts correspondence into wrong mailboxes on their route.

A mechanic never replaces the filter on each vehicle requiring an oil change.

A pharmacist fills correct prescriptions and hands them to the wrong patients.

A dietitian instructs every diabetic patient white bread controls blood sugar spikes.

An architect never completes blueprints necessary for any construction projects assigned to them.

A veterinarian cannot provide adequate treatment for any animal brought to their care.

Etc.

Second, how quickly would these, or any other professional not successfully reaching their daily/weekly/monthly goals, receive a pink slip?

Lastly, why has Jerry Jones, as a professional, been held to an opposite standard for nearly three decades--in relation to being a general manager guiding an NFL team to a berth and/or winning a Super Bowl? Is that not the main occupational duty of every candidate hired for the position of general manager in this league?

My bad. Four questions.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The right track to what exactly? More regular season wins and falling flat in January? Then sure, we have been on that track for almost 3 decades.

Yes, they do hit on some high draft picks but also waste too many. This past draft was very bad.
Ever carry a crap load and expect to look more than a crap load?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Three questions.

A dietitian instructs every diabetic patient white bread controls blood sugar spikes.

An architect never completes blueprints necessary for any construction projects assigned to them.

A veterinarian cannot provide adequate treatment for any animal brought to their care.

Etc.

Second, how quickly would these, or any other professional not successfully reaching their daily/weekly/monthly goals, receive a pink slip?

Lastly, why has Jerry Jones, as a professional, been held to an opposite standard for nearly three decades--in relation to being a general manager guiding an NFL team to a berth and/or winning a Super Bowl? Is that not the main occupational duty of every candidate hired for the position of general manager in this league?

My bad. Four questions.
That is poor communication for a pre school setting...you had a point right?

There is a major difference in a directed comparison for differentiation. You merely here, are insultive and abstract as well. You point towards your being indignant, but on the topic of more than a personal dissatisfaction in winning a NFC Championship. You roll all disappointments into that single reason for accountability.

That is as close as your quotation comes to a discussion. Otherwise all valid accomplishments are swept under the rug.

If being abstract for purpose, I would switch to non-football and ask why parents fail to watch over their own children around water, locked up in cars, or playing by themselves. That more closely reflects accountability for wrong actions and relevance when applied.

That instead is not just round 89 in name calling and enjoying that process instead. My example would be closer to a positive view for a successful discussion.

Do explain one's purpose or simply answer yes or no on Dallas here and now having a valid and good team respected for values as a team. Own up for the discussion and not being a card carrying member that blames Jerry Jones and Tom Landry leaving for all Cowboys failures.

Yes...no....or just know better.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Of course with the help of Will McClay scouting players. They manage the cap well. They draft well. Yes, Jerry for a long time didn't draft very well after Jimmy Johnson but he's finally adjusted. Mike McCarthy, dumped Kellen Moore and went his own offense. Did not do well but at first but after Niners loss the offense is the #1 in the league. Yes, he has game management blunders but McCarthy is a good coach. The right coach for Dallas at this point. The team is #1 in scoring offense and #4 in scoring defense. On the cusp of 3 straight years with double digit wins. Yes, it's not perfect but they are on the right track.
I think this team is improved since last year. And I think McCarthy has tuned this offense and Dak is playing better and liking it. That being said Dak must play well against top competition even if the team loses. Otherwise everything has taken a step back to where it was. I think Diggs going down and that LB Overshown going down hurt the team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Three questions.

Etc.

My bad. Four questions.
Might as well rail at the right to personal property because that is what you are up against.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is poor communication for a pre school setting...you had a point right?

There is a major difference in a directed comparison for differentiation. You merely here, are insultive and abstract as well. You point towards your being indignant, but on the topic of more than a personal dissatisfaction in winning a NFC Championship. You roll all disappointments into that single reason for accountability.

That is as close as your quotation comes to a discussion. Otherwise all valid accomplishments are swept under the rug.

If being abstract for purpose, I would switch to non-football and ask why parents fail to watch over their own children around water, locked up in cars, or playing by themselves. That more closely reflects accountability for wrong actions and relevance when applied.

That instead is not just round 89 in name calling and enjoying that process instead. My example would be closer to a positive view for a successful discussion.

Do explain one's purpose or simply answer yes or no on Dallas here and now having a valid and good team respected for values as a team. Own up for the discussion and not being a card carrying member that blames Jerry Jones and Tom Landry leaving for all Cowboys failures.

Yes...no....or just know better.
BFuDQMU.gif
BFuDQMU.gif
BFuDQMU.gif
BFuDQMU.gif