Twitter: Scandrick requests his release

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
They should be able to trade him, even tho not playing towards the end of the season could hurt his value.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet he did. It'd let him both pick his next team and very likely improve his contract in the process.

We'd be foolish to do it, though. We don't owe him anything and he's got enough value to be an option in putting trades together. We don't owe him a clean entry into free agency.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
we basically used his best years and should move on. the only thing that i dont like is his little comments on IG about his departure.

“was i supposed to play forever there? (dallas)”

when asked if he wanted to be back he said “no”

its fine he wants to move on as well, but he seems alittle butthurt imo

dckid

Reaction score

Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick has requested his release from the team, according to a source. Scandrick hopes to get into the free-agent market when it opens Wednesday. Cowboys seem to have moved on at corner with Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis, Xavier Woods and moving Byron Jones there, too.

I would love to know how much it saves us in the cap?
Do we have any dead money concerns?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Nobody will trade for him. They will just wait for the release, just like they always do when a player is on the way out of Dallas.
Why didn't the Seahawks and the dolphins trade Sherman and Suh respectively?

Since naturally it'd as simple as snapping your fingers.

You folks are silly with your make believe GM hats.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
no, ur posting this. back up something ur posting. Because from what i know is he's been the guy who has lead the secondary for yrs. Been the guy whos lined them up called out secondary adjustments.

Yeah what a leader. All those playoff INTs. Defensive snap count has been 60%, 58%, 0% the last 3 years. Starters are usually in the 85%+ range. JJ Wilcox in his last season was 53%. How exactly is he the leader for years as you like to say?

Why don't you try get your figures correct? Fact is Scandrick has had a limited role since 2014. Had a inflated opinion of himself and his skills since day 1. 11 seasons...8 INTs. PLEASE!!!

slick325

Reaction score
The Seahawks just released two CBs in Sherman and Lane. Maybe they might be interested in a trade involving Scandrick.

Package Scandrick, 2018 3rd round pick, a conditional 2019 3rd or 4th for Earl Thomas, a 2018 6th and a 2019 5th. ;)

Reaction score
If we release him, and he signs with another team, we do not get any comp pick, right? (I think it's only for free agents whose contracts expired + signed by another team)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lane would be a nice rotational guy. I might take a looksy.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody will trade for him. They will just wait for the release, just like they always do when a player is on the way out of Dallas.
That's because the Cowboys wait too long to decide to get rid of players. While other teams are willing to put faith in the "throw rookies in the water, see which ones swim" thinking, the Cowboys prefer the "Let's wait until they have a good season .. okay, now let's wait another year just in case that good season was a fluke .. okay, now let's start thinking about trading the player" mindset which is 2 years too late.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
If we are going to trade him, we got some game tape we need to burn real quick!