Trolling: Schedule is Out

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
3 years in a row same result, same coaching staff, with pretty much, the same core of players. No changes have been made, and the result will most likely be the same.
Previous years irrelevant to this one as i just blatantly showed you in my previous post which you chose to ignore, you are entitled to your opinion and I will continue to disagree. Changes very much have been made, the same core of players which majority on the defense didnt even get to play last year, and I dont believe the result will be the same. I guess we'll have to see.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Previous years irrelevant to this one as i just blatantly showed you in my previous post which you chose to ignore, you are entitled to your opinion and I will continue to disagree. Changes very much have been made, the same core of players which majority on the defense didnt even get to play last year, and I dont believe the result will be the same. I guess we'll have to see.

You didn't show me anything, you showed me the next year where no improvements were made and the Cowboys lost even more games. I'll go with the evidence that I've been shown the last 3 years with the same group of guys and coaching staff, and that's 8-8 unitl proven otherwise.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At this point I see 2 things.

1. You are right
2. You might as well save your breath.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You didn't show me anything, you showed me the next year where no improvements were made and the Cowboys lost even more games. I'll go with the evidence that I've been shown the last 3 years with the same group of guys and coaching staff, and that's 8-8 unitl proven otherwise.

Alrighty

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I don't get joy in watching the Cowboys lose, I know that's what a lot of you on this board love to believe, but it's just not true.

I didn't say you did. I don't believe any real fan does.

But you kind of did.
And if by chance we do end up doing something great one of these years, I can guarantee it's going to sting b/c it will be in spite of the negativity and you wont be able to share in the joy as much b/c you'll be too busy backtracking.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
th

LMAO!!!

We are caught in a time loop and have to relive the "Opie 500 tour" season after season after season.

SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
"No reason" to think we can't get to 10 wins? How about 3 straight 8-8s?

If you think 12 is not a possibility and 9 is not a possibility, then you're guaranteeing 10 or 11 wins. OK.

Unlike you, I don't think past performance in a year-to-year, and even week-to-week league is indicative of future performance.

If I did, then the Seahawks, who were 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, and 7-9 from 2008-2011 should've had no shot to become a good team the last two seasons.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are griping about, we have a 2nd place schedule, of course the schedule looks the way it does.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So seeing as how I don't expect us to lose 16 linemen again, the answer to your question is no I do not see any evidence that points to us going 8-8 again

Well lets look at this schedule mathematically. The NFL uses last season's end of season record to determine strength of schedule which currently has Dallas at 18th in the NFL. Now of course some teams that were under 500 last season could be over 500 this season and some teams over 500 last season could be under 500 this season, but the random fluctuations should even out and give us a good "rough estimate" of how many games we can "expect" to win.

We play 8 games against teams over 500 and 8 games against teams under 500 this season, which has us 18th in the NFL in strength of schedule. Like I said, not an exact science, but its a good baseline to start with.

Now we can apply Garrett's career winning percentage against teams under 500 and against teams below 500 to get the "expected" number of wins and losses based on historical data. Garrett has been interim/head coach for 56 regular season games and therefore we have a good sample size. So we can now apply Garrett's career winning percentages to the number of games we have against teams above 500 and below 500, which as stated above is 8 games both ways.

Jason Garrett's career winning percentage against teams 500 or better.........................194.........(.194*8) = 1.5 expected wins
Jason Garrett's career winning percentage against teams under 500..............................920........(.920*8) = 7.3 expected wins

So that is 8.8 wins "expected" mathematically based on Garrett's career winning percentages and our 18th place strength of schedule for 2014.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
We better not trade up that far.

Dude looking through this schedule there is not one game I'm 100% confident about predicting a win at this point. I ran through it a few times and get between 2-14 and 5-11 :/. Hopefully the draft brightens the outlook, this could be the end of the Romo era if not.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Unlike you, I don't think past performance in a year-to-year, and even week-to-week league is indicative of future performance.

If I did, then the Seahawks, who were 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, and 7-9 from 2008-2011 should've had no shot to become a good team the last two seasons.

So you say that past performance isn't indicative of future performance, then cite as evidence the fact that the Seahawks who improved their record over 4 years continued to improve and eventually won a Super Bowl? Genius!

By the way, past performance is really the only indicator of future performance. You think this offense that has performed well in the past will continue to perform well. I think this team's overall past performance is indicative of overall future performance.

If you don't use past performance as an indicator of future performance, you're just throwing darts in the dark.