Trolling: Schedule is Out

Wayne02

Reaction score
Show me evidence that pointed towards the Cowboys going to have to play 20 different defensive linemen in 2013?

Every team has injuries, the Cowboys will have injuries this year as well, so is this the built in excuse that you're going to use when 8-8 happens again?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm sure you believed the last three years as well, even with all of the evidence pointing towards 8-8 or worse

So what if he did? If you go into a game/season knowing that you're going to lose or be 'embarrassed', I don't really don't understand how you enjoy watching. I mean really, if you're so confident that we will be 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs, and there is no hope, why even bother watching the games?

The truth is most of you are full of it. You may come here and comment negatively on every aspect you can. You can predict a loss every game and tell us that are players, coaches, and owner sucks. You can convince yourself that you know what going to happen this season before the draft, before camp. Maybe you even 'know' what going to happen next season and the one after that. But I know, that when the season starts you will be there watching that first game. And while your watching, you are not going to be confident you know the outcome. You are going to be on the edge of you seat like every other fan, watching every play, hoping and rooting for the win.

The difference between you and I, is that I'm not afraid to tell people I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't have to follow my declaration with a sidebar of 'I know we suck' or 'we're not going anywhere' or some other dig to make sure if the worst happens you bases are covered--I don't care. For me, every season is a new season. Every game is a new game. There is always a chance until there isn't. As down as I get over this team sometimes, I refuse to let it affect my disposition. I am the eternal optimist and you may think I'm fooling myself, that I'm naive, can't see the trends, or 'just the kind of fan JJ wants', but a least I'm honest and can enjoy the season until it's over.

/rant

Wayne02

Reaction score
So what if he did? If you go into a game/season knowing that you're going to lose or be 'embarrassed', I don't really don't understand how you enjoy watching. I mean really, if you're so confident that we will be 8-8 or worse and miss the playoffs, and there is no hope, why even bother watching the games?

The truth is most of you are full of it. You may come here and comment negatively on every aspect you can. You can predict a loss every game and tell us that are players, coaches, and owner sucks. You can convince yourself that you know what going to happen this season before the draft, before camp. Maybe you even 'know' what going to happen next season and the one after that. But I know, that when the season starts you will be there watching that first game. And while your watching, you are not going to be confident you know the outcome. You are going to be on the edge of you seat like every other fan, watching every play, hoping and rooting for the win.

The difference between you and I, is that I'm not afraid to tell people I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't have to follow my declaration with a sidebar of 'I know we suck' or 'we're not going anywhere' or some other dig to make sure if the worst happens you bases are covered--I don't care. For me, every season is a new season. Every game is a new game. There is always a chance until there isn't. As down as I get over this team sometimes, I refuse to let it affect my disposition. I am the eternal optimist and you may think I'm fooling myself, that I'm naive, can't see the trends, or 'just the kind of fan JJ wants', but a least I'm honest and can enjoy the season until it's over.

/rant

Being a fan doesn't mean that I have to believe that the Cowboys are going 16-0 and win the Super Bowl every year.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every team has injuries, the Cowboys will have injuries this year as well, so is this the built in excuse that you're going to use when 8-8 happens again?

Let's be logical if we are going to debate bro. Don't try to feed me bs about every team having injuries. Of course every team will have injuries, that is reasonable. However what is not reasonable is having injuries to the extent that cause a 4-man position to be filled by 20 men. No team can withstand that severe level of injuries.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Being a fan doesn't mean that I have to believe that the Cowboys are going 16-0 and win the Super Bowl every year.

You can believe whatever you like, Wayne. The point is you don't KNOW.

And if by chance we do end up doing something great one of these years, I can guarantee it's going to sting b/c it will be in spite of the negativity and you wont be able to share in the joy as much b/c you'll be too busy backtracking.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So seeing as how I don't expect us to lose 16 linemen again, the answer to your question is no I do not see any evidence that points to us going 8-8 again

Wayne02

Reaction score
So seeing as how I don't expect us to lose 16 linemen again, the answer to your question is no I do not see any evidence that points to us going 8-8 again

Didn't know that the Cowboys had 16 linemen to lose last year.

Wayne02

Reaction score
You can believe whatever you like, Wayne. The point is you don't KNOW.

And if by chance we do end up doing something great one of these years, I can guarantee it's going to sting b/c it will be in spite of the negativity and you wont be able to share in the joy as much b/c you'll be too busy backtracking.

I don't get joy in watching the Cowboys lose, I know that's what a lot of you on this board love to believe, but it's just not true. I call a spade a spade.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Correction 12 alternatives to the original anticipated starting 4 linemen and 4 backups. Does that work better for you?

Again, there will be injuries again this year, maybe not as many as last year, but what about the 2 years prior where the Cowboys didn't lose 12 linemen?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't get joy in watching the Cowboys lose, I know that's what a lot of you on this board love to believe, but it's just not true. I call a spade a spade.

I didn't say you did. I don't believe any real fan does.

birdwells1

Reaction score
What makes me angry as a Cowboys fan living in DC is that I'm sick of these cold weather games here. Since the year 2000, the Cowboys have played the Commanders at FedEx Field 8 times in December, 3 times in November, 0 times in October and only 3 times in September. The league stays on that BS having them play here when it's cold. I go to the games regardless, but I'd enjoy them more when I'm not freezing my *** off!!!

The NFL tries to create drama where it pertains to the Cowboys. If you'd look at our last game of the season, over the last 10 years, most of them have been on the road. Lots of cold weather games to end the season, this team has been 8-8 for 3 consecutive seasons and they have more prime time games than anyone.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again, there will be injuries again this year, maybe not as many as last year, but what about the 2 years prior where the Cowboys didn't lose 12 linemen?

Are the 2 years prior supposed to influence how i feel about THIS year? If thats the case I feel we are gonna go 12-4 since we went 13-3 in 07 and 11-5 in 2009. <----- See how thats not connected?

Wayne02

Reaction score
Are the 2 years prior supposed to influence how i feel about THIS year? If thats the case I feel we are gonna go 12-4 since we went 13-3 in 07 and 11-5 in 2009. <----- See how thats not connected?

It is connected because back in 2007, there were completely different players and an entirely different coaching staff connected with this team.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is connected because back in 2007, there were completely different players and an entirely different coaching staff connected with this team.

07 went 13-3, 08 went 9-7. Same coaching staff same players yet in 1 year there was a 4 game swing difference. So again they are not connected every year is different and what ive seen this offseason give me confidence that we are gonna win 10 games.

Wayne02

Reaction score
07 went 13-3, 08 went 9-7. Same coaching staff same players yet in 1 year there was a 4 game swing difference. So again they are not connected every year is different and what ive seen this offseason give me confidence that we are gonna win 10 games.

3 years in a row same result, same coaching staff, with pretty much, the same core of players. No changes have been made, and the result will most likely be the same.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could and likey will change but 6 noon games, when was the last time that happened?