News: Schefter: Cowboys Have Placed Franchise Tag on RB Tony Pollard

Havic

Reaction score
1 year tag is the right call.

Cut zeke, grab a rb in this draft with the expectation they are the following years starter and allow pollard to walk.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Its a 10 mill gamble and I hate it. Dallas is assuming all the risk. NEVER EVER pay a RB a 2nd deal. Even if its a tag.
Even for a low mileage model? I feel pollard is a bit of the exception the injury is an issue but I think it drives his price down a little.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
tag goes away when they sign him
I meant if they don't end up signing him to a long term deal. Once the tender is signed by the player it cannot be rescinded. I was wondering if they could negotiate before the tender is signed, realize it isn't going anywhere, and just rescind the offer. Even if they could, though, it would be odd for the player to negotiate without signing the tender because the franchise tag gives the player leverage so I guess I answered my own question.

JBS

Reaction score
He was on pace for 12 total carries before he went down with injury in that game. Do you believe he’ll get 350+ touches this year (as 10+m$ feature backs are expected to do) when he’s never had even 200 carries in a season? What if he misses 1-3 games before being back from injury? Will he be 100% the moment he’s back, or will his recovery be closer to Gallup’s?

11m$ salary is hard to justify for a rotational RB
I didn’t suggest that. I just said they phased zeke out. I don’t think pollard will all of sudden start getting a ton of more carries, no. I think rb early in the draft is absolutely a possibility and probably likely.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
2nd year in a row we are going to bank important offensive production on a playing returning from serious injury. This front office does not catch on quickly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Things I think…..

Don’t draft a RB in RD1, and don’t ever give a second contract to one.

That can only be applied if you are ahead of things (draft a RB last year), which they never are.

It’s always all about plugging last years holes….but then new ones arise. They don’t seem to get that last part.

Carson

Reaction score
2nd year in a row we are going to bank important offensive production on a playing returning from serious injury. This front office does not catch on quickly.
he was arguably our best player on offense (debatable with Lamb). So I understand.

This also keeps you from pressing for a RB

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol typical response of somebody who got slapped with the reality of 90% of their posts
More babbling. You should go on another ‘Ignore’ tantrum like the other day. Start with me. Please.

MS17

Reaction score
The duo in the front office prefers "doing it their way, baby!" We dont know who's worse, Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee. But they sure like their guys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol. People here acting like he tore both ACLs, Achilles and had both feet amputated
Not arguing with it but a foot injury for an RB is not nothing, hopefully it heals completley and has no mental backlash on him. Again i like TP and he is a weapon but we are at 16+mill best case cap hit for the RB position again..some (myself included) dont think thats a good way to build a team in todays NFL...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even for a low mileage model? I feel pollard is a bit of the exception the injury is an issue but I think it drives his price down a little.
will he get hurt again 3rd year in a row? Availability is king. I rather give Malik Davis a real chance and draft a guy. Can 20 handle the load?