Video: Schefter-Dallas could be a sleeper team to draft a QB

J12B

Reaction score

Probably just to hype up the draft more, but who knows :p

Chasing6

Reaction score
No way the Cowboys take a QB in this draft after already using a 4th round pick from this draft on Lance. They have far too many needs that haven’t been addressed in free agency and only have 6 picks.
GM Jethro already said not an option, but not sure her remembers what he says anymore.

Adreme

Reaction score
No way the Cowboys take a QB in this draft after already using a 4th round pick from this draft on Lance. They have far too many needs that haven’t been addressed in free agency and only have 6 picks.
While there is no way they take a QB early Lance is meaningless in that calculation. Lance is also in the last year of his deal so the logic that they apply to Dak applies equally to Lance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
While there is no way they take a QB early Lance is meaningless in that calculation. Lance is also in the last year of his deal so the logic that they apply to Dak applies equally to Lance.
They won’t take a QB period.

plymkr

Reaction score
Am I the only person noticing how much smoke is going on with the possibility of Dak not remaining the QB. No extension yet, rumors about trades, and reports of taking a QB in round 1. I think regardless of anyone’s personal preference on Dak we should start wrapping our minds around the idea that Dak is most likely gone in 2025 and possibly before 2024.

I’ve been a Cowboys fan for 50 years and I got to admit I’ve never seen the FO act this way. Normally they come out and squash these rumors with their vote of confidence. The silence from the FO on Dak is deafening. Also the behavior of the FO has changed this offseason. There’s been a definite behavior shift this offseason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Considering the decision that's already been made with Trey Lance, it'd be shocking if the Cowboys took a QB in the 1st round. Nevertheless, they've done some surprising things in the past. While I'm not counting on them to take that route, it's still possible, somehow, knowing our FO. They're done some mighty strange things before. There's no guarantees they wouldn't do something mighty strange again. Logic doesn't always survive here.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As this is Daktrashes last season wearing the Star it would be prudent if you cant trade him to move up in the draft and pick a QB.
Easy stuff here folks..................

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Am I the only person noticing how much smoke is going on with the possibility of Dak not remaining the QB. No extension yet, rumors about trades, and reports of taking a QB in round 1. I think regardless of anyone’s personal preference on Dak we should start wrapping our minds around the idea that Dak is most likely gone in 2025 and possibly before 2024.

I’ve been a Cowboys fan for 50 years and I got to admit I’ve never seen the FO act this way. Normally they come out and squash these rumors with their vote of confidence. The silence from the FO on Dak is deafening. Also the behavior of the FO has changed this offseason. There’s been a definite behavior shift this offseason.
Been saying the same thing since Feb. The sound of silence from the ranch is deafening...and damning. Dak made Jerry cry.

"We'll go as far as Dak takes us, and that's how far we went."

Buh-bye.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Seems like a game of chicken to me. The FO is hoping the price tag on Dak (and Lamb, Micah etc… as well) comes down— so they are letting this play out to create some uncertainty related to their commitment to Dak in order to gain back some leverage.

In the end— should Dak leave Dallas— he loses millions in endorsements as well, so while not the main sticking point, it certainly isn’t an insignificant factor either.

IMO— from the FO perspective— I think they believe (many of us would question the roster construction and personnel philosophy) they have fielded a competitive team and have paid for premium production, and been left lacking in January.

Now these players all want big bags— but the only recourse the FO has is to penny pinch and hope prices cone down, or they can trade guys away.

With Dak, they paid for a Porterhouse and got ground sirloin instead

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
yea they probaly will take penix or some thing then sign dak to a huge extenson like 5 day later or something stupid
OH MY GOSH!!! LOL this is so true!! I can see them doing the same thing like what is the point to waste the pick then make DAK rich like you can totally see this happening

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good point and also to save MONEY this would surely be logical. Next year he's going to make more, get a rookie you're not paying him much

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know this, the team really likes 2 QB's in this draft. Joe Milton and Spencer Rattler. Here is a crazy hypothetical. WHAT IF, the Chargers move on from Herbert and draft JJ McCarthy, Jim Harbaughs guy? Would Dallas be interested in Herbert? Trade Herbert to Dallas for a future 2025 1st etc, and we trade Dak for a draft haul that includes players. I have a funny feeling they are waiting this out in a game of chicken to see if they have any takers on Dak and what the Chargers do at 4. Remember, Harbaugh believes in JJ McCarthy 100% to run his scheme and Herbert isnt his guy. The ramifications of what they do at 4 are huge. Nobody is talking about this possibility. Joe Milton has been worked out by Dallas at least 2 times, same with Rattler. They also worked out Michael Pratt of Tulane several times. CLEARLY they are looking for a QB. So shefty isnt just throwing this out there. He knows something. Usually, I would never take him that serious, but in this case, its real. We all know the Joneses are not fans of Daks agent and they might not have the stomach to jump back in bed with Dak again due to this fact and the fact of the heavy cost. We all might be shocked as far as what they are doing behind the scenes that we have no idea of. Whether or not it happens is another thing. But if we pay attention to the strong hints Jerry has been dropping...ie his Ceedee comment, and his "all in" comment, that may be what he meant. I am confident we are drafting a QB or acquiring a big name one.