Schefter: Eagles agree to terms with Nnamdi **merged**

Smith22

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4015614 said:
We need a corner in a bad way. We had the worst D in team history and one of the worst in the league and we've done NOTHING to make it better so far. If we don't get him, either jerry is giving up the season or he's become Al Davis and no matter now bad the team is, he thinks everything is great.

It depends. Does Jenkins return to the Jenkins of 2 years ago or Jenkins of last year. I think TNew has a year or 2 left in the tank, IF he stays healthy.

IMO, safety and OL is more of a concern at the moment.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Smith22;4015615 said:
The chart I saw on the TV screen clearly showed 80% he goes to the Jets, 10% to the Cowboys AND 10% to a mystery team.

That's what he believes how it is. I just find it odd all of a sudden were in there when our name hasn't popped up until late last night

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4015614 said:
We need a corner in a bad way. We had the worst D in team history and one of the worst in the league and we've done NOTHING to make it better so far. If we don't get him, either jerry is giving up the season and we'll be drafting a CB in the top 10 or he's become Al Davis and no matter now bad the team is, he thinks everything is great.
Nothing? Really? :rolleyes:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06;4015602 said:
That's just dumb... It's a factor for me and I don't make millions upon millions. Of course players pay attention to it, assuming they're not complete morons. And you can bet their agents/financial advisors pay attention to it.

ok, so just how few millions do you make? :)

TheFinisher

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4015632 said:
What players have we added to the defense that will make it better this year?

we've actually gotten worse, Bowen was our 2nd best DL.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BlueStar22;4015616 said:
yes it would. There are arguably 2 shut down corners in the league, Revis and Nnamdi. Nnamdi would shut down one side of the field. He'd make a huge difference.

So will a better scheme.

Dallas has had this mentality of "we'll line up and beat your guy one on one" wince Jimmy was here. That notion got them alot of losses over the years. Teams have changed so dramatically since the early 90s, scheme is key no matter who you have talant wise. Bill Belichek would make the Lions a good team.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4015632 said:
What players have we added to the defense that will make it better this year?
You didn't say "we haven't added any players to make this defense better."

You said "we have done NOTHING to make [the defense] better." That's just flat out wrong.

Reaction score
He's not going to be a Dallas Cowboy... The team has too many other important needs, DE and RG come to mind.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06;4015639 said:
You didn't say "we haven't added any players to make this defense better."

You said "we have done NOTHING to make [the defense] better." That's just flat out wrong.

We have done nothing. Adding Rob isn't going to do much if he has nothing to work with. This defense is complete garbage. It's horrible. Rob isn't going to turn what we currently have into a championship defense. You need players for that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;4015653 said:
He's not going to be a Dallas Cowboy... The team has too many other important needs, DE and RG come to mind.

And signing Asomugha would stop us from getting anything else?

Primetime42

Reaction score
I hate to agree with Tim McMahon, but he tweeted an excellent point earlier.

"If Nnamdi Asomugha plays DE, SS, FS and CB all at the same time, it's a great signing"

We have bigger problems.

Reaction score
Primetime42;4015683 said:

"If Nnamdi Asomugha plays DE, SS, FS and CB all at the same time, it's a great signing"

We have bigger problems.
One worry I have is,how are teams gonna play against a team with the best 2 lockdown corners in the league.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You can have NA the next two season for less than what we will pay TNew against the cap.

The problem is we will have TNew dead money next year if we cut him. And we already have 20 mil in dead money next year for players that won't play for us in even 2011, much less 2012.

NA is a hard worker and excellent off the field rep but he isn't young. That would be the only thing holding me from pulling the trigger now that he is down to a realistic 12-14 mil per year demands. The defense becomes one of the very best in football the minute he signs with us.

5 years 60-65 mil? I'd probably do it. Cut TNew gain 8 mil in cap space. Use 6 or so of that on NA this year. 17-19 upfront. 2 mil this year, 6 mil next year, 12m, 12m, 13m. Some of that money staked as workout money or reporting bonuses.

But we would absolutely have to go young at other positions (Church at SS) and hit on draft picks from this class big time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primetime42;4015683 said:

We have bigger problems.

McMahon ignorantly assumes that if they sign Asomugha that they can't do anything else.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Lombardi was just on NFL Network saying Dallas definately came into the mix last night as the price appears to have softened.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Lombardi just reported it on nfln also. Down to jets and boys. Both run similar defenses. Nmandi didn't choose texans (obviously) 49ers seem out of it.

Said it down to the Ryan brothers and again brings up taxes as a concern.