Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I won't sign him if he can't help us in the post season. Otherwise, whats the dang point.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he will punk everyone and rejoin the Rams. Wait for it. Rams will swoop in last minute.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
any drama here was created by the media, not said player.
I kind of disagree, he could have made his decision already. He visited both teams before their games, it's looking like do I pick this team based off their most previous game they played in. It should be about things that matter to him and his family. You may be right because the media does take things too far

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I won't sign him if he can't help us in the post season. Otherwise, whats the dang point.
the slap in the face would be for him to play against philly, but if he can't even get in for this game which he has to learn the play book, I think fans could get mad (not that it matters). Choices is between us and philly, game vs us and philly in days we actually want him to play lol

Gambit

Reaction score
1. It's a free country. And this is a fan message board. And those fun facts, put together, should suggest that there's no great offense to be taken in offering an opinion.
Your post didn't offend. Your intellectual dishonest mildly amused.

In the English language, specifying 9:32 (or any other) as the time by which a decision was to be expected is saying something "about a time."
You certainly seem.to allude to some expectation that there was a specic time demoted in your comment that he committed himself too. I was using hyperbolic language to point out that indeed is not case, unless I missed it.

In the English language, the comment above would ordinarily be interpreted as being anxious. "More than anxious?" Not sure what signals that. But, like I said, free country.
Then why did you not interact with the 2 possible reasons I gave? Instead you switched your comments to being about him commiting to a time not you. Disingenuous or intellectual dishonesty. One of the 2, you decide.
In the English language, the comment above would ordinarily be interpreted as being anxious. "More than anxious?" Not sure what signals that. But, like I said, free country.
Sure you're free to be anxious and more than an ious to the point of demanding athletes bow down to your expected time lines. And I'm free to point out the ludicrousness of that, free country bro.

Might be a comment that is more a reflection on the desire of a person to express his desire to be considered superior in some way... given the reality that the topic itself and the original post referenced is more trivial than it is important.
Trivial? I mean in grand scheme of things yes. But you chose to offer your opinion on a board that afford people the right to respond.

You chose to not interact with the 2 reasons to the question you insist was genuinely you being curious and shifted focus to him being committed to some random timeline. You left yourself open for replies, and now claim by holding you accountable to your words and chooses I'm somehow being superior to you...

In summary, @Gambit ... free country, you're completely welcome to consider yourself infinitely more practical and mature than any other poster, including muah... have at it. And I'm equally welcome to not care... you do you. Have a great Monday
I'm free to hold you accountable when you seem yourself so superior to the players and team you claim to be a fan of yet demand they cowtow to you.

You're free to deflect and try to switch things around so you look like a poor victim.

Free country

Rayman70

Reaction score
my bad. I think I had him confused with a Rams linebacker from their recent SB year.

Jarntt

Reaction score
As badly as the Cowboys need a LB, the Eagles need one way, way more. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie ups his offer to Leonard significantly after how horrible the Eagles LBs were yesterday

The Natural

Reaction score

Rayman70

Reaction score
rejoin? He's played for the Colts his whole career.
My bad. But I do think there might be a 3rd team in play. Chiefs? Rams? Chiefs are in dire need at Linebacker. Rams have been known for stealing a player if they feel they might make a late playoff push.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How did Kevin Byard do yesterday for the Eagles? Oh yes, he was missing in action all day. Purdy lit him up. Byard is indeed washed. My fear is Leonard might be just a guy and whomever signs him may be very disappointed. Colts let him go for a good reason. Can he help? MAYBE. A big maybe. If we sign him, it won't be because we need him right now. It will be for quality depth and a defined role during the playoff push. I guess it depends what role he is seeking. Keep your eye on the Chiefs. They just lost another linebacker last night. If Darius thinks he can win there, he might do it.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Your post didn't offend. Your intellectual dishonest mildly amused.

You certainly seem.to allude to some expectation that there was a specic time demoted in your comment that he committed himself too. I was using hyperbolic language to point out that indeed is not case, unless I missed it.

Then why did you not interact with the 2 possible reasons I gave? Instead you switched your comments to being about him commiting to a time not you. Disingenuous or intellectual dishonesty. One of the 2, you decide.

Sure you're free to be anxious and more than an ious to the point of demanding athletes bow down to your expected time lines. And I'm free to point out the ludicrousness of that, free country bro.

Trivial? I mean in grand scheme of things yes. But you chose to offer your opinion on a board that afford people the right to respond.

You chose to not interact with the 2 reasons to the question you insist was genuinely you being curious and shifted focus to him being committed to some random timeline. You left yourself open for replies, and now claim by holding you accountable to your words and chooses I'm somehow being superior to you...

I'm free to hold you accountable when you seem yourself so superior to the players and team you claim to be a fan of yet demand they cowtow to you.

You're free to deflect and try to switch things around so you look like a poor victim.

Free country
Dang. Pardon me that I don't care enough to even read. Please. Or don't. Lighten up. Or don't. Free country.

Aven8

Reaction score
How did Kevin Byard do yesterday for the Eagles? Oh yes, he was missing in action all day. Purdy lit him up. Byard is indeed washed. My fear is Leonard might be just a guy and whomever signs him may be very disappointed. Colts let him go for a good reason. Can he help? MAYBE. A big maybe. If we sign him, it won't be because we need him right now. It will be for quality depth and a defined role during the playoff push. I guess it depends what role he is seeking. Keep your eye on the Chiefs. They just lost another linebacker last night. If Darius thinks he can win there, he might do it.
Unlike Philly we don’t need him to be a savior. We just need another tool in the shed.

_sturt_

Reaction score
My best guess is that there's a multi-year deal he and his agent are trying to wrangle out of this situation. I mean, I can just imagine an initial decision, and that they called the losing team first, but hinted that they still might be motivated to change their minds if a multi-year contract was put on the table... and the losing team has bit... and maybe there's now an auction going on.
I'll now be stunned if this isn't the case (... ie, the multi-year contract part, not necessarily the play-by-play of how it's all went down). It just can't be that complicated unless there's a financial element to this beyond the playing time element... can there?

Status
Not open for further replies.