Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"This is Oswald Bamborough, reporting from the CBS microphone in New York, as a breathless world awaits the fateful decision of one Mr. Shaquille Leonard, while the future of the National Football League...and, dare I say...Western civilization as we know it...hang perilously in the balance."
He needs to have a prime time broadcast on ABC for his decision.

_sturt_

Reaction score
My best guess is that there's a multi-year deal he and his agent are trying to wrangle out of this situation. I mean, I can just imagine an initial decision, and that they called the losing team first, but hinted that they still might be motivated to change their minds if a multi-year contract was put on the table... and the losing team has bit... and maybe there's now an auction going on.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports on his potential destination is "drama" now?
Yes. It's Beckham and Lebron all over again. I'll make a decision over the weekend. No I'll make a decision by Monday. We're not talking about a All-Pro or Pro Bowl player. Multiple threads every day about a player cut in midseason due to poor performance.

Gambit

Reaction score

_sturt_

Reaction score
Fun facts.

1. It's a free country. And this is a fan message board. And those fun facts, put together, should suggest that there's no great offense to be taken in offering an opinion.

2a. In the English language, specifying 9:32 (or any other) as the time by which a decision was to be expected is saying something "about a time."

2b. In the English language, "trying to think what might be the practical reason for not announcing a decision already" is "trying to think what might be the practical reason for not announcing a decision already."

3a. In the English language, the comment above would ordinarily be interpreted as being anxious. "More than anxious?" Not sure what signals that. But, like I said, free country.

3b. Might be a comment that is more a reflection on the desire of a person to express his desire to be considered superior in some way... given the reality that the topic itself and the original post referenced is more trivial than it is important.

4. In summary, @Gambit ... free country, you're completely welcome to consider yourself infinitely more practical and mature than any other poster, including muah... have at it. And I'm equally welcome to not care... you do you. Have a great Monday.

Jenky

Reaction score
We need a thumper at LB. Vander Esch is more than likely gone next year. Clark is OK, Bell needs to put on some pounds.

We should have made our splash before the trade deadline. We would be truly on unstoppable on a D if we had another monster on the DL.

The difference is, the 9ers were proactive and assembled themselves to make sure they get over the eagles.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yes. It's Beckham and Lebron all over again. I'll make a decision over the weekend. No I'll make a decision by Monday. We're not talking about a All-Pro or Pro Bowl player. Multiple threads every day about a player cut in midseason due to poor performance.
I hear that. But what's missing in that analysis is that we're almost desperate for something better at LB to help with run support. It's not that this is the key to global domination, but merely a possible asset that could help us get to something closer to "just okay." And that could be important in the big picture as far as how we perform in the post season.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Crazy thought What if 49ers come in and swoop him up?
Niners don't seem to have the playing time he's hoping to be given.

But as I understood it there were a couple of teams that wanted to be considered that he didn't visit. Pretty sure those were DEN and MIN. But you wouldn't be wrong to wonder if yesterday's results may have had an AFC team calling his agent up, looking for a reinforcement... seems like the entire conference has some chance at a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.