Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
yeah i am wondering why...
I mean he did say 48 hours yesterday

But it’s stupid for him to put this off longer. He shouldve been here or Philly today and starting practice tomorrow / getting the playbook

_sturt_

Reaction score
2023-12-04_12-14-02.png.9ad2eb4892b42d1b484d03d1db551ae2.png

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Sounds like he hasn’t talked much to Dallas. He’s not coming here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sounds like he hasn’t talked much to Dallas. He’s not coming here.
Depends how you look at it.

If he isnt talking much to Dallas but he is talking more to Philly, it means he is liking Dallas more trying to leverage Philly into more playing time or a bigger role.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
At this point Leonard is an older version of Damone Clark on the field. His all-pro days are over. If they weren't than the Colts, who know him better than anyone, wouldn't have cut him.

I would like to see him in Dallas as a depth piece and as another veteran leader. But let's not act like he's the missing piece to get us to the Super Bowl if he signs elsewhere.

_sturt_

Reaction score
But let's not act like he's the missing piece to get us to the Super Bowl if he signs elsewhere.
Legit.

And/but let's also not act like we wouldn't rather have a stronger run-support LB to deploy in the playoffs if we could.

phildadon86

Reaction score
At this point Leonard is an older version of Damone Clark on the field. His all-pro days are over. If they weren't than the Colts, who know him better than anyone, wouldn't have cut him.

I would like to see him in Dallas as a depth piece and as another veteran leader. But let's not act like he's the missing piece to get us to the Super Bowl if he signs elsewhere.
Trying to understand the Colts FO is like trying to decipher an all white rubix cube.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Trying to understand the Colts FO is like trying to decipher an all white rubix cube.
Regardless, if Leonard was still "that guy", he never would have passed through waivers unclaimed by all 31 other teams. Someone would have taken on his contract to get a fantastic player. The thing is, he's not a fantastic player anymore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Regardless, if Leonard was still "that guy", he never would have passed through waivers unclaimed by all 31 other teams. Someone would have taken on his contract to get a fantastic player. The thing is, he's not a fantastic player anymore.
Ummm. His salary was why he passed thru waivers.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Ummm. His salary was why he passed thru waivers.
Which is my point. If Leonard was still an all-pro linebacker somebody would have claimed him off waivers, no matter his salary, because he would have been worth it. He no longer is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Which is my point. If Leonard was still an all-pro linebacker somebody would have claimed him off waivers, no matter his salary, because he would have been worth it. He no longer is.
Why pay him that when he can pass thru waivers and you get him for almost nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.