Schefter: Leonard likely to have a new home in the next 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Reaction score
I didn't tell him to commit to a decision today. He did that. He evidently figured that would provide ample time to make the decision, even without consulting me. I know, I know... who does that, right? But he didn't. Not lying.

But/and, he's not moving to Dallas or Philadelphia for 2-ish months (... re: "where he'd like to raise his kids" part). Perhaps one or both teams are offering him more than a deal to finish the season, but if so, that would appear to be a surprise to most.
I must have missed where he committed to signing by 9:23 pm est.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
we have better cap available right? I hope he signs with us.
how many times does it need to be explained. It's going to be a minimum deal because the Colts owe him so much money. Anything we pay, get's deducted from the Colt's cost. He can't make more money unless he is seeking a raise, which would be unrealistic.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Question. How much of Leonard’s contract actually hit the cowboys salary cap? I.e. are the cowboys responsible for the part of Leonard’s salary the colts pick up?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The point many are missing isn’t that Leonard will step into one of the two starting positions. We have one smallish LB and a Safety playing the middle. What do we do if either of them gets banged up and misses a game or several, especially in the playoffs. We signed Evans because we have no depth at all. Leonard is a valuable veteran signing as the season winds down because there’s no one else out there. He would be worth every penny even if he never started.

Gambit

Reaction score
Question. How much of Leonard’s contract actually hit the cowboys salary cap? I.e. are the cowboys responsible for the part of Leonard’s salary the colts pick up?
Just what we pay

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
lol he’s taking the rest of the evening before he informs everyone of his decision tomorrow.

Is this what we really want? I mean what else do you need to decide?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hmmm… I can go to Philly where I’ll get shell-shocked by the Niners, or I can go to Dallas where I’ll get pummeled by the Niners. Tough choice!

revospeed

Reaction score
He doesn't want to play football anymore. If he did, he shouldnt have taken a week to decide who to play for. The offers are on the table, pick one and get to work or dont.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I must have missed where he committed to signing by 9:23 pm est.
And I must have missed where I said anything about a time... rather, was only responding to your protest as-if it's somehow weird to be anxious to learn his decision. C'mon man.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
lol he’s taking the rest of the evening before he informs everyone of his decision tomorrow.

Is this what we really want? I mean what else do you need to decide?
He wants to see what CZ says before he makes a decision. Hopefully Dak doesn’t do that.

Mark

Reaction score
"This is Oswald Bamborough, reporting from the CBS microphone in New York, as a breathless world awaits the fateful decision of one Mr. Shaquille Leonard, while the ultimate fate of the National Football League...and, dare I say...Western civilization as we know it...hang perilously in the balance."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.