News: Schefter: Mike McCarthy Returning as Head Coach

Sydla

Reaction score
The only thing that can give any hope now is no Dak extension.
They didn't bring McCarthy back to not extend Dak.

And given they are massively over the cap, they have no choice but to restructure him. Unless you think they are just gonna take a blow torch to the roster and start cutting guys to get under the cap AND try to fill some holes.

Prepare yourself.

It's the same team in 2024 for all intents and purposes.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
They'd rather finish between 9 and 12 wins and an early playoff exit than risk a bad season or two and get a QB that could possibly take them to the Superbowl at some point.

It's pretty clear to everyone that Dak will never be that guym. But let's go ahead and pay him a record contract so we can compete for the nfc east title again
exactly!

:hammer:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
There isn't a single person from the guy next to Jerry in the War Room to the cashier at the Pro Shop who would even remotely take anything Jerry the Clown says from here on. Consequence? Yeah, right. "We'll see how each game goes"....and then reward you with another year for a disaster of historical proportions.

Staubacher

Reaction score
And you and everyone else whining will be here all year long posting the same way.

I don’t like it, but I a not surprised, nor going to allow it to consume me.

I am more concerned over the QB situation.
Be prepared for disappointment there too. Jerry will keep him until the bitter end

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I mean Henry should be cheap but I sort of assumed he'd be a Raven. Barkley is the guy I want. Hurt and all.
Get Barkley with what money? Any RB worth his salt will want to get paid and with our QB making what he makes we have to go cheap at other positions to fill out our roster...

What do you want? Cheap RB and offensive lineman or cheap bargain bin Linebackers and safeties? You have to pick one or the other paying top free agents is not realistic for us with our cap

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I had hoped for Belichik but this doesn’t surprise me at all.
It was a hope. But realistically when JErry didn't fire him by Monday morning we should've known the writing was on the wall. Jerry didn't even let us dream for more than a week before a statement.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s not over reaction at all.

How inspired are you for next year now?

This is gut wrenching really.
Because we all know what's coming.

Actually, it might be worse because they will likely have a tougher schedule, Washington might not be a push over, Philly will likely be decent enough to give us fits, etc.

In fact, would it surprise you if this team went like 8-9 next season and missed the playoffs?