News: Schefter: Mike McCarthy Returning as Head Coach

slick325

Reaction score
Not surprised in the least. You don’t see coaches being fired after 3 straight 12-5 playoff seasons. However, next year will very likely be the end of the line for McCarthy with his contract coming to an end if the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs or advance in them.
I agree for the most part. But, if Belichick is available I might fire the HC with three straight 12-5 seasons.

Gambit

Reaction score
Stop trolling bro. People are upset and want better for this organization. Chill
I'm not trolling. I'm wishing them a farewell.

People are hurting and deserve a polite word, Chill.

slick325

Reaction score
Not surprised in the least. You don’t see coaches being fired after 3 straight 12-5 playoff seasons. However, next year will very likely be the end of the line for McCarthy with his contract coming to an end if the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs or advance in them.
I agree for the most part. But, if Belichick is available I might fire the HC with three straight 12-5

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if he does......the fact the Falcons interviewed Harbaugh right after him, tells me something didn't go as expected. I think there are only a handful of owners he's willing to work for....Jerry is one.
I can't see Bill going to Trashlanta, but why would he waste a precious year for Jerry? And why would Jerry waste a year? I mean, Jerry wastes a lot of years because he's a fool, but... does he owe Fat Mike the remainder of his contract because of the sleepover they had? It just makes no sense to wait a year. Jerry is just a fool.

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
But then what's the ****** point of bringing him back? If three straight 12 wins seasons only buys you ONE more season, then guess what? You've basically already made up your mind about the coach.

This is the type of stupid thinking Jerry needs to get beyond. If you are literally having your coach coach the last year of his contract to save his job, then geezus.

Sad thing is he did this with Garrett TWICE. And did he get rewarded? Nope. Jerry might be a shrewd business guy, but he's a moron as a football guy.

CWR

Reaction score
Curious…

If McCarthy coming back means no Dak extension would people be ok with that?

Please let me know what you think.
Why would anyone think MM coming back meant no Dak extension?

Hes definitely getting extended now and MM is staying on because he's "good for Dak."

I guess you're saying because he doesn't want to saddle a new coach? Fact is we have to extend or make him a June 1st cut. I don't know man.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t mind this as much if MM as a QB guy privately told Jerry that Lance has got the tools to be the next QB and the team drafts a QB high. If we extend Dak I’m done. I won’t even care next year. He’s proven himself to be a playoff choker.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY ZERO.....

Talk about setting up a coach for failure.

All this did was signal to the players.....winning doesn't mean a damn thing. Just show up....smile.....collect your checks.

Wouldn't shock me if Jerry goes ahead and gives McCarthy an extension to boot.

Way to go 12-5 for 3 straight seasons. Not even Jimmy accomplished that....

:banghead:
LOL.

All you need to know about Jerry was summed up in that one comment a few years ago when he said if he had hired a GM and performed like Jerry had, he would have fired that guy a long time ago. He ****** KNOWS what he's doing is wrong but he either just doesn't care or is too arrogant to make the necessary changes.

9of11

Reaction score
We are freaking doomed....lets go to year 29...I'm sure big Mike lied his way to stay one more season...So jerry is giving up on a sure thing coach who has proven himself at all levels...If Adam is right, this only proves everyone is right about jerry....he's doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to football decisions....jerry thinks about his pocket...if he wont let mike go its only because jerry doesn't want to pay a guy who doesn't work for him any more...He's a cheapscape...so he makes everyone suffer for this. So jerry will fire mike next year that's a given and he will have to hire a so called up and coming coach with no head coaching experience when he could have avoided all that. If Harbaugh signs with the Chargers or any other team, they will be serious Super Bowl contenders within 3-4 years if not in a Super Bowl...and we will win our 12 games, we will lead the league in penalties again, our offense will get shut down 3-4 games like every season for the past three years....and Dak will lead the league in some sort of ungodly statistic....
WE ARE DOOMED

Can you tell I'm very bitter....I'm praying its not true....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. But, if Belichick is available I might fire the HC with three straight 12-5 seasons.
Belichick can’t win without Tom Brady. Once Brady left it was downhill in NE for Belichick. He’s coming off a 4-13 season. Plus he’s too old.