News: Schefter: Mike McCarthy Returning as Head Coach

BigD5

Reaction score
seinfeld-no-thanks.gif

Lol this franchise is cooked

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Get Barkley with what money? Any RB worth his salt will want to get paid and with our QB making what he makes we have to go cheap at other positions to fill out our roster...

What do you want? Cheap RB and offensive lineman or cheap bargain bin Linebackers and safeties? You have to pick one or the other paying top free agents is not realistic for us with our cap
They are going to extend Dak. Get ready for it and it will create cap room. That's all but confirmed bringing McCarthy. They will use that money to sign Barkley.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s not over reaction at all.

How inspired are you for next year now?

This is gut wrenching really.
Just a really stupid decision that lacks any logic. Jerry is getting old and he had a chance to really improve the team by getting a real coach. Just doesn’t make any sense at all. I suspect we make no real moves. Dak will be extended to cover what we are over the cap now and we will draft and sign a few guys to one year prove it deals since that’s what they do

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not surprised in the least. You don’t see coaches being fired after 3 straight 12-5 playoff seasons. However, next year will very likely be the end of the line for McCarthy with his contract coming to an end if the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs or advance in them.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s wild people only want to discuss Quinn. The offense couldn’t sustain any drives and the quarterback was part responsible for 14-17 points off the board in the first half at least.
I mean it wasn't even the Packers game. The offense was largely inept against the 49ers and the Bills too. And even then, people wanted to just blame Quinn and the defense.

Some in this fanbase will never, ever learn. They've put their faith in Jerry despite the fact Jerry has done jack squat to have earned that faith in 27 years.

conner01

Reaction score
They are going to extend Dak. Get ready for it and it will create cap room. That's all but confirmed bringing McCarthy. They will use that money to sign Barkley.
It won’t be much money but he should be cheap lol extending Dak clears money though I don’t know that is gonna clear enough to do much in FA because most will go to just get us under the cap

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No accountability.
ABSOLUTELY ZERO.....

Talk about setting up a coach for failure.

All this did was signal to the players.....winning doesn't mean a damn thing. Just show up....smile.....collect your checks.

Wouldn't shock me if Jerry goes ahead and gives McCarthy an extension to boot.

Way to go 12-5 for 3 straight seasons. Not even Jimmy accomplished that....

:banghead:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I love this team…. But I just can’t say I’ll care as much next season. They could get the 1 seed and a bye and I still wouldn’t trust them

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s not over reaction at all.

How inspired are you for next year now?

This is gut wrenching really.
Just imagine if they extend dak and somehow nobody picks up DQ...I would be hard pressed to even follow the offseason

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ve heard there’s mutual interest.
You've heard?

And then Jerry and his dopey son get the contract demands and they balk.

You do realize this team is pretty cap strapped right? And they have Parsons and Lamb to deal with as well. Anyone expecting anything but pure nickel and diming in FA hasn't paid attention for like 8-10 years.

conner01

Reaction score
Regardless of coaches , if we had a Josh Allen or Mahomes type of QB that could carry the load , we could go all the way .
We don’t and you can’t get them. Half the league would be contenders with Mahomes but they can’t get him so you have to improve where you can get guys. Keeping MM is just dumb and neans we will not do much at all with the roster

MS17

Reaction score
McCarthy Returns....Dakota extended in '24.
Cue classic closing scene of Apocalypse Now (1979), Brando's (Kurtz) head, perspiring heavily, his voice whispering, "The Horror! The Horror!"
Here we are, folks.

dupree89

Reaction score
I mean it wasn't even the Packers game. The offense was largely inept against the 49ers and the Bills too. And even then, people wanted to just blame Quinn and the defense.

Some in this fanbase will never, ever learn. They've put their faith in Jerry despite the fact Jerry has done jack squat to have earned that faith in 27 years.
I usually seem to agree with you exactly. But I gotta say, Quinn's defense never showed up in multiple games. He's gotta go. I wish MM was gone too, but he's here. Unfortunately.

Sydla

Reaction score
That restructure basically get us to break even.

And they have Parsons and Lamb to deal with.

They are going to have minimal cap space to play with in FA and they certainly aren't going to pour most of it into a TB. Have some of you just slept through the last decade of FA for the Cowboys?