News: Schefter on Dez

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't say for sure. But do I believe a reporter will report something negative about Dez without making sure it's accurate faster than they would about Romo or Witten? Absolutely. Dez doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like certain other players that happen to not be black.

We all get it. Not feeling like having a race argument today but there could be something to it. I want to hope not.

Of course they will. Fans do the same. A poster on his site criticized Dez for getting market value lol. He should've took a pay cut they felt. It's insane.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So true. Who cares about practice and medical treatment! As long as he knows his assignments, runs precise routes, and is healthy! As long as overall team cohesiveness and team discipline doesn't go to hell. As long as the Cowboys are winning super bowls...I'm not annoyed.

Oh...wait...

So Dez is why we are not winning Super Bowls lol......

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Sources" haha.
Are these the same sources that told him that Dez had a Walmart video?

So a source told him Dez was late 20 times in 7 hears...hmm.. Ive been late or took at least 2.5 sick days per year over the last 7 years also.

What a joke.

Schefter has better sources than Florio. MUCH BETTER!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Is it 20 or is it 40, that's quite a discrepancy...

-Yawn

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I know this is OT, but Cowboys fans crucified Romo when he took a trip to Mexico on his bye week. Tom Brady is a week away from being reinstated, his team is desperately using a rookie QB and he decides to go on an Italian vacation with Gisele. Does anyone have a problem with that? Or do the Super Bowl rings excuse him?

The excuse they'll use is that he was suspended and couldn't play anyway while Romo's vacation was before the first major playoff game in 15 years.

cej757

Reaction score
I know this is OT, but Cowboys fans crucified Romo when he took a trip to Mexico on his bye week. Tom Brady is a week away from being reinstated, his team is desperately using a rookie QB and he decides to go on an Italian vacation with Gisele. Does anyone have a problem with that? Or do the Super Bowl rings excuse him?

Brady can do whatever he wants. He has the resume to back it up. Tony was still young and just took over the starting job and he got caught up in the celebrity hype. At that time dating Jessica Simpson was like dating Kim Kardashian. Tony was all over every gossip magazine at the checkout counters in the grocery stores.

If Tony wins a Super Bowl he would have a life time pass for the rest of his career

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There are about a thousand differences between blatant footage of someone knocking a woman out and a media person saying "sources".

You're smarter than this. Don't play dumb.

Saying "sources" is not a freakin' source. The same when someone attempted to say "The internet" when I asked them for a citation on a paper.

"Source" and "internet", just in general, is not a dang source. It should not be taken seriously from anyone. If you can't provide an actual source, if you can't give a specific name, it's not credible. Dead stop.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Credible reporters such as Schefter don't make up sources.
And if it weren't for sources, we wouldn't have exposed Watergate nor would we get most of the stories unveiling corruption in business and government.

With all due respect to you and as a former journalist and reporter who used sources often (I'm speaking of myself), you don't know what you're talking about and, obviously, haven't been a reporter for a credible, mainstream news operation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can see a reporter like Schefter exaggerating a story about missing meetings or that type of thing; however, when he reported that there was a video it was much different, IMO. If there really wasn't a video, then he would really be screwing himself up by reporting that there definitely was one because he would be proven to be incorrect. I think he definitely believed that there was a video. If he did believe it, then either somebody pranked him or there was one but it disappeared.

At the time of the video story, I didn't believe it; however, since then I've changed my mind.

Sigh. No he didn't believe there was a video. He said he didn't believe the report but because the story finally was published ESPN likely asked him to address the issue. He did, but said he had been looking for a video but could never find one, which is why he didn't report it when he first heard about it.

RS12

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Credible reporters such as Schefter don't make up sources.
And if it weren't for sources, we wouldn't have exposed Watergate nor would we get most of the stories unveiling corruption in business and government.

With all due respect to you and as a former journalist and reporter who used sources often (I'm speaking of myself), you don't know what you're talking about and, obviously, haven't been a reporter for a credible, mainstream news operation.

I have a theory that the FO is leaking stories because they are tired of certain behavior. Think about it, Garrett acted out of the norm this week. Certainly not impossible.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Here come the cancer anf gossip. Who been snitch in the locker room?

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Actually, yes, it is how it works. I don't care about if they have a source, I want a name and somewhere they can point me to. "Sources" is not credible, same as it wasn't credible during the tape fiasco.

Watergate actually led somewhere. So this is nonsense. It led to evidence. Until evidence is actually provided he has missed that many practices, it's a rumor. Slapping Adam's name next to it does not make it fact.

And I really don't give a damn if you were a former reporter. Saying sources IS NOT credible. You have to provide something, you have to point to where people can see the evidence. "Player said", "My sources said" is NOT CREDIBLE UNLESS IT CAN LEAD YOU TO THE EVIDENCE YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Someone wants accountability for everyone. Maybe that player was disciplined for something Dez routinely gets away with

Going to the press is the issue. If you have a problem then take it up with coaches or teammates is the point. The reasons why someone would do that are never good. It could be a personality problem, it could be a systemic issue with the organization. There is no good way to spin it.