Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

DTown214

Reaction score
Or he didn't explain it with enough nuance, because anyone can see it was a difference in money that made the difference between signing with the Cowboys or signing with the Eagles since both teams are potential SB caliber teams.

Sorry but a team that didn't make the playoffs last season that now lost McCoy/Foles/Maclin sure as hell would be a super bowl contender.

Bluestang

Reaction score
what about the pass blocking and the receiving game? demarco was a complete back. you guys focus on his awkward running style too much and forget the other two aspects of his game that were vital for our crippled QB.

Legitimate concerns, but Romo will finally be participating in an offseason which signals that he is healthier than previous 2 years. That's a big gamble on the Cowboys part but what else is the best course for a franchise QB? It's too early to worry about who the 3rd down back is, but history suggests it might be a veteran.

We have better receivers in the backfield on the current roster, also passes to RBs are generally checkdowns so I'd be worried about other parts of the offense if my RB is getting alot of receptions.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Or he didn't explain it with enough nuance, because anyone can see it was a difference in money that made the difference between signing with the Cowboys or signing with the Eagles since both teams are potential SB caliber teams.

He also made a point of mentioning respect. I think he felt dissed by Dallas' original offer of 4/16m.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I think Aliens kidnapped Jerry... Inserted some good GM DNA and beamed him back to valley ranch..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Sorry but a team that didn't make the playoffs last season that now lost McCoy/Foles/Maclin sure as hell would be a super bowl contender.

This was a team that was still in the playoff hunt and were expected to win the division with some games left who lost their starting QB and were playing with Mark Sanchez until they faded down the stretch.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Where is Dave? And what did you do with him?

Thank God Murray is gone.
giphy.gif

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He also made a point of mentioning respect. I think he felt dissed by Dallas' original offer of 4/16m.

I agree with this completely. You may not want to overpay, but you can't lowball the reigning offensive MVP either. I am shocked Murray didn't immediately take Dallas off his list when they did that.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Interesting season ahead to see how each side fairs….eagles now have a scary backs combo the tiny, the speedy, and the bulldozer..they gonna run many defenses tired for sure if that group stays healthy….

How Cowboys find a new RB combo is interesting as well … Jimmy Johnson felt Emmit was key to his team and wanted him back….now JJ/SJ/JG made a bold move and need to show something to prove they know what they are doing

:cool:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

Philly has a good offensive line and they run a different system, but I guess we'll see next year how much was this team's offensive line and how much of it was Murray.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Philly has a good offensive line and they run a different system, but I guess we'll see next year how much was this team's offensive line and how much of it was Murray.

Oh, and a pocket passer that is injury prone now being asked to run a passing scheme that moves him outside and needs to run.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree with this completely. You may not want to overpay, but you can't lowball the reigning offensive MVP either. I am shocked Murray didn't immediately take Dallas off his list when they did that.

Well he did erase everything Cowboys on his twitter page.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
You didn't see him run for 1,800+ yards? You didn't see his massive TD production? You didn't see the significant difference it made on our win total? You didn't see us go undefeated on the road this year, including kicking the tar out of the Seahawks because of our physical brand of offensive football?

You didn't see that OLine, you didn't see Dez taking 2 defenders out every play, you didn't see teams not stacking the box because Romo, Dez, Beas, and Witten made them pay? I'm tired of hearing how Murray was the reason we won 12 games. Give me a break. Yes he was a factor, a piece of the puzzle. However, his piece can be replaced.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

You don't even make an offer if it is that low. You tell him to ask for what he wants or you simply tell him to test the market, but allow us to match. You can criticize a man, scream at a man and even strike a man and he will forgive you, but if you belittle him or demean him, he will never forget it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'll have to dig through my posts and find the guy who tried telling me that Chip Kelly would never sign Murray because he doesn't fit his system. :cool:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
You didn't see that OLine, you didn't see Dez taking 2 defenders out every play, you didn't see teams not stacking the box because Romo, Dez, Beas, and Witten made them pay? I'm tired of hearing how Murray was the reason we won 12 games. Give me a break. Yes he was a factor, a piece of the puzzle. However, his piece can be replaced.

How? By drafting a RB in the first round? Yeah, that's a sure thing. Oh, and weren't we supposed to focusing on the defense in the draft? Our defense is even weaker now than it was before FA started. You just say stuff without offering any kind of logical counter argument. He can be replaced. Sweet analysis.

Reaction score
On the list of players in history who carried the ball as many times as Murray, most of them fell off the table within a year or two. It might work out for Philly, but to expect Demarco to maintain his level production given almost everyone else in history wasn't able to do that, is a stretch. Larry Johnson had back to back 1,750 yard seasons and he isn't going to make the Hall of Fame. Jamaal Anderson had 1,850 yards and 410 carries one season and was never the same afterward. There are others. Glad the Cowboys didn't overpay.