Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
And they should be. ESPN hates Dallas and they just blew it. We could have owned this division for the next four or five years and had multiple shots at titles. This organization simply can't stand good fortune. The epitome of incompetence.

I get that you're upset, but if I were you I'd take the very fact that ESPN shares my view as reason enough to reconsider. Just saying.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
What else are we going to do?

Ohh yeah. the Draft.

Guess what? We were still going to have a draft, regardless of whether we signed Murray. And with the new rookie wage scale, we could have easily afforded all of the above.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Goodbye

Demarco Murray.

Hate when I'm right.

Thanks everyone. Wish you a great Spring

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I don't understand. What view are you and ESPN sharing?

None at all. But you and the boys at ESPN seem to share the view that Murray's move tips the balance of power in the division in Philadelphia's favor. As I say, if I were you, that would give me pause.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In retrospect it was a massive mistake. Of course, that's no reason to compound mistakes. In any event, as you suggest, the two positions can't be compared. CBs are simply more pricey than RBs in today's NFL.

Carr has disappointed for sure, but he has started at CB for 3 years. Same with Claiborne, who has disappointed as a first round pick. There are no guarantees out there. You just dust yourself off and move on. But you can't just eliminate high priced FAs or Top 10 Draft picks. You just have to do a better job of scouting and evaluating.

dupree89

Reaction score
Was looking a Spotrac and noticed the Cowboys gave Brandon Carr $25m guaranteed (5 years, $50m) back in 2012.

I know theoretically CBs are worth more than RBs, but thinking this team wasted $25m guaranteed on a slightly above average CB and walked away from the NFL Offensive MVP over $20m guaranteed salary (that Philly gave him) doesn't sit great with me.

The Carr contract looks like a massive mistake at this point to me.

Were you in favor of the Brandon Carr signing? I know I was.

Frozen700

Reaction score
It's been fun going back and forth with you guys over Murray. Now that he is an Eagle, I hope I was 100% wrong about him and he does terrible for them, fumbles, nagging injuries and bad vision.

Trust me. You will see the light my friend. You will be like "Damn the O-line really did make this bum"

Then we both can sit back, laugh and talk about the bullet we dodged.

Plankton

Reaction score
Was looking a Spotrac and noticed the Cowboys gave Brandon Carr $25m guaranteed (5 years, $50m) back in 2012.

I know theoretically CBs are worth more than RBs, but thinking this team wasted $25m guaranteed on a slightly above average CB and walked away from the NFL Offensive MVP over $20m guaranteed salary (that Philly gave him) doesn't sit great with me.

The Carr contract looks like a massive mistake at this point to me.

The Carr contract was a massive mistake the day it was signed.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Murray live on nfln right now

Said main reason he went to Philly was NOT for financial stability but because he felt they have a great chance to win the Super Bowl....you can tell the decision was tuff and he really respects JG witten and romo....

cowboys2233

Reaction score
None at all. But you and the boys at ESPN seem to share the view that Murray's move tips the balance of power in the division in Philadelphia's favor. As I say, if I were you, that would give me pause.

I didn't say that. I said we had a chance to rule the division for the next four or five years. I do think the Eagles are now significantly better than they were (not only because of Murray, but a HUGE part of it) and I think we are significantly worse than we were but I wouldn't say we were worse than the Eagles just yet. I have that much belief in Romo. But I do think we may have missed the opportunity to be utterly dominant in the division and I think you can kiss any hope of winning a SB with Romo goodbye. And frankly, I think we were the odds on favorites this year with Murray. This fiasco is that significant.

Turtle0986

Reaction score
Guess its time to change the old signature lol, now to the draft and there are some really good RBs in it this year