Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Bluestang

Reaction score
This OL is going to blow open holes for any runner in the backfield. Murray would sometimes find those holes and at other times he would un into the backs of people. His physicality is what is going to be missed but I guarantee that if whoever is back there scores TDs from 60+ yds out the same synergy the team had on the field will be felt and Murray will be a memory.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I didn't say that. I said we had a chance to rule the division for the next four or five years. I do think the Eagles are now significantly better than they were (not only because of Murray, but a HUGE part of it) and I think we are significantly worse than we were but I wouldn't say we were worse than the Eagles just yet. I have that much belief in Romo. But I do think we may have missed the opportunity to be utterly dominant in the division and I think you can kiss any hope of winning a SB with Romo goodbye. And frankly, I think we were the odds on favorites this year with Murray. This fiasco is that significant.

Wow. If I thought of Murray as highly as you appear to think of him, I guess I'd be furious too. I just don't see him being that kind of difference maker. Guess we'll find out, but I just don't see it.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
So in his press conference Murray said he went to the Eagles because he wanted a chance to win a super bowl and it wasn't about the money.... so he's either an idiot or a liar

Exactly. Your best chance to win a super bowl was in Dallas.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Wow. If I thought of Murray as highly as you appear to think of him, I guess I'd be furious too. I just don't see him being that kind of difference maker. Guess we'll find out, but I just don't see it.

You didn't see him run for 1,800+ yards? You didn't see his massive TD production? You didn't see the significant difference it made on our win total? You didn't see us go undefeated on the road this year, including kicking the tar out of the Seahawks because of our physical brand of offensive football?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You didn't see him run for 1,800+ yards? You didn't see his massive TD production? You didn't see the significant difference it made on our win total? You didn't see us go undefeated on the road this year, including kicking the tar out of the Seahawks because of our physical brand of offensive football?

I didn't see any of those accomplishments being attributable exclusively, or even primarily, to Murray.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Exactly. Your best chance to win a super bowl was in Dallas.

I fully agree with this but the organization's best chance was also with Murray. And it was a heck of a chance. We had the most dominant, multi-dimensional offense in football. And we just pissed it away for a few million dollars.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So in his press conference Murray said he went to the Eagles because he wanted a chance to win a super bowl and it wasn't about the money.... so he's either an idiot or a liar

Yeah I gotta call bs on that. He could have taken the 4-6m from Dallas and had a better chance at the SB

perrykemp

Reaction score
I fully agree with this but the organization's best chance was also with Murray. And it was a heck of a chance. We had the most dominant, multi-dimensional offense in football. And we just pissed it away for a few million dollars.

This, in a nutshell, is how I feel.

I understand the reluctance to give Murray $20m guaranteed... however, in my heart of hearts I believed next year was probably the best chance the Cowboys have had to win the Superbowl considering Witten and Romo will likely decline from here on out.

I would have approved of giving Murray $10m a year if it cemented their chances of winning the Superbowl.

Turtle0986

Reaction score

That makes me wonder what he was thinking when he said that, maybe bitterness toward the team? I would have to agree he is either a idiot a liar or both

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That makes me wonder what he was thinking when he said that, maybe bitterness toward the team? I would have to agree he is either a idiot a liar or both

Gee, I don't sense any bitterness towards Murray from either of you. An idiot or liar, huh? The guy has been a model citizen and busted his *** for this team, with great results.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score

Apologizing, apprevciating blah blha bha to the cowboys and he says something like that? It is the most disrespectful thing to say about the people who drafted him, and stuck with him when he missed seasons with injuries….tsk tsk tsk .. he didn't need to say it in my opinion

:cool:

cowboys2233

Reaction score

You should get rid of your signature picture now. You are not a Murray fan.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
He should have just thanked the cowboys o line for giving him his 42/5 mill with 21 mill guaranteed contract and called it a day.

Zordon

Reaction score
This OL is going to blow open holes for any runner in the backfield. Murray would sometimes find those holes and at other times he would un into the backs of people. His physicality is what is going to be missed but I guarantee that if whoever is back there scores TDs from 60+ yds out the same synergy the team had on the field will be felt and Murray will be a memory.

what about the pass blocking and the receiving game? demarco was a complete back. you guys focus on his awkward running style too much and forget the other two aspects of his game that were vital for our crippled QB.

Turtle0986

Reaction score
You should get rid of your signature picture now. You are not a Murray fan.

I have respect for him, he did break Emmett's record and proved him self a capable RB. I just have to wonder what he was thinking when he said he went to Philly because he wants to win a Super Bowl. What I said doesn't mean I am "Not A Murray Fan"

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
what about the pass blocking and the receiving game? demarco was a complete back. you guys focus on his awkward running style too much and forget the other two aspects of his game that were vital for our crippled QB.

He didn't rate that great as a pass blocker. Still waiting for cowboy2223 to back his crap up.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I have respect for him, he did break Emmett's record and proved him self a capable RB. I just have to wonder what he was thinking when he said he went to Philly because he wants to win a Super Bowl. What I said doesn't mean I am "Not A Murray Fan"

You suggested he was either an idiot or a liar. Big fan.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

Or he didn't explain it with enough nuance, because anyone can see it was a difference in money that made the difference between signing with the Cowboys or signing with the Eagles since both teams are potential SB caliber teams.

Bluestang

Reaction score
You didn't see him run for 1,800+ yards?
I did, but Randle had alot of success in his limited appearances too. How did Randle have 3 less carries from 2013 to 2014 and doubled his yardage? How does that happen?

You didn't see his massive TD production? You didn't see the significant difference it made on our win total?
As long as the OL stays intact, any RB is going to have success. Whether they use a feature guy or even RB by committee, this OL will block for anyone that gets positive yardage and gets 1st downs. Watch what happens when guys can be a threat from 60+ yds...

You didn't see us go undefeated on the road this year, including kicking the tar out of the Seahawks because of our physical brand of offensive football?
The Cowboys went all in on the running game and that is what is the significant change from the offense from previous years. Good road teams run the ball successfully to win games, that isn't new to anyone in the NFL. They also do it at home, see you do it period to win games because it doesn't make your offense one dimensional and it opens the whole playbook to attack the defense.

Murray was a good runner, but he lacked elite talent. His running style will make him to prone to fumbles and it will shorten his career. The Cowboys got max production from him but I wouldn't bet on giving him another 400+ touch season again. The facts are there in black and white...and either way if Murray was here or not the Cowboys were going to split his workload. So that brings the finances into play, would you pay $8M+ for a rotational guy like the Eagles?