News: Schefter: Randy Gregory continues to rehab in Dallas

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys' Gregory continues to rehab
Suspended Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is out of rehab in Massachusetts, but he's still receiving and will continue to receive regular treatment in Dallas, according to a league source, so his rehab is not over.

But those who know Gregory insist he has been clean for over four months and is doing as well as he has in recent memory. He has changed his attitude and priorities, added weight, worked out regularly, and impressed the people around him, who believe he has turned a corner in his personal life.

They acknowledge that there still is work to do, and it always will be a battle, but with Gregory continuing to address his personal demons with the help he needs, they believe he can be a significant factor for the Cowboys once he is allowed to return to football.

-- Adam Schefter

Link to more: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-broncos-qb-trevor-siemian-become-trade-bait

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Cowboys' Gregory continues to rehab
Suspended Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is out of rehab in Massachusetts, but he's still receiving and will continue to receive regular treatment in Dallas, according to a league source, so his rehab is not over.

But those who know Gregory insist he has been clean for over four months and is doing as well as he has in recent memory. He has changed his attitude and priorities, added weight, worked out regularly, and impressed the people around him, who believe he has turned a corner in his personal life.

They acknowledge that there still is work to do, and it always will be a battle, but with Gregory continuing to address his personal demons with the help he needs, they believe he can be a significant factor for the Cowboys once he is allowed to return to football.

-- Adam Schefter

Link to more: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-broncos-qb-trevor-siemian-become-trade-bait

Thanks for the update, WoodysGirl. Count me as one of the supporters of Gregory and am praying that we get to see his potential fulfilled.

I completely understand the ire he gets from a lot of the fanbase. We all had such high hopes that he would get through his herb "dependency" (I feel ridiculous posting that, but whatevs, it is what it is) only for him to get repeatedly flagged for it.

Even if we get him for the last two games, that will mean that he stayed clean and realized that his life is football and that -- due to an antiquated rule in the NFL -- he was able to find alternate methods to deal with his clinical anxiety.

Yes, weed should be legal. But it isn't, so Gregory must find a way to medicate himself within the guidelines in the CBA/NFL guidelines. I hope he does, and I won't give up on him or call him a bust, a waste, a loser etc.

Gregory possesses an elite skill set, but the longer he's out, the longer it'll be for him to find his groove and get NFL ready. We need him back this season, if only for the final two games. What a moral boost it'll be for him to get in before the season ends and prove to himself he can do it.

I realize this isn't the popular opinion on this board, but it's my opinion and I stand by it. Go get 'em Gregory, we absolutely need you.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Did they ever make his 10 game suspension official?
The nflpa dropped his appeal. The media claims he's going to miss 4 games and 10 more. But from past suspensions that were at the same time that doesn't make any sense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wishing him the best he is seeking the help he needs and doing the right things. Looking forward to when he will be able to return to the team

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The nflpa dropped his appeal. The media claims he's going to miss 4 games and 10 more. But from past suspensions that were at the same time that doesn't make any sense.

What other players have there been to make it this far in the program?

Gordon but can't think of any others.

RS12

Reaction score
  • Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is out of rehab in Massachusetts, but he’s still receiving and will continue to receive regular treatment in Dallas, according to a league source who spoke with Adam Schefter of ESPN.com. Meanwhile, those who know the defensive end say he has been clean for over four months and is doing as well as he has in recent memory. Gregory, they say, has been getting his personal life together and is working hard to get back towards football shape.
http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/09/bryant-cowboys-gregory-brady-ninkovich