News: Schefter: Randy Gregory continues to rehab in Dallas

phildadon86

Reaction score
If he can't get motivated to stop smoking weed for tens or probably hundreds of millions of dollars then I don't think he'll ever will.
He just needs to find better ways of dealing with his anxiety and his depression. Its not uncommon that people use marijuana for that. Hell, in Denver its legal, and prescribed. The NFL will be changing the drug policy in 2021 anyways most likely before that, but either way. Its not as simple as "stop doing it." Addiction is a real thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He just needs to find better ways of dealing with his anxiety and his depression. Its not uncommon that people use marijuana for that. Hell, in Denver its legal, and prescribed. The NFL will be changing the drug policy in 2021 anyways most likely before that, but either way. Its not as simple as "stop doing it." Addiction is a real thing.

Yes addiction is real and why would you want to make something addictive legal? I hear many saying it is no big deal yet evidently for some it is.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes addiction is real and why would you want to make something addictive legal? I hear many saying it is no big deal yet evidently for some it is.
Im not saying it should be legal. Im saying that the way the country is going it will be. I dont agree with any drug being legal. Theres already far to much over the counter stuff that shouldnt be so accessible that is. but this convo is getting out of hand lol. I just think that the hatred he gets for being addicted to weed is hilarious on here. People really dont realize how bad addiction can be. When you find something that is a crutch and use it for years, dropping that crutch and walking alone is not an easy thing to do, no matter how many millions are involved.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well he is handling his situation the polar opposite of Gregory. He wants to get past this and succeed. I am hoping the best for him.

:huh:

I may be missing some dialogue so please forgive me if I am.
We're talking about Randy Gregory. Are you saying Randy Gregory is handling it better than Randy Gregory? Or did you mean Greg Hardy or some other player?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Rehab for pot?? Give me a break, it's called being young not a drug addict

If you can't break a habit that costs you (whatever you find important), then he needs rehab.

And not every young person is doing pot. And if smoking pot is derailing your life, then it is a drug addiction because pot is a drug.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Im not saying it should be legal. Im saying that the way the country is going it will be. I dont agree with any drug being legal. Theres already far to much over the counter stuff that shouldnt be so accessible that is. but this convo is getting out of hand lol. I just think that the hatred he gets for being addicted to weed is hilarious on here. People really dont realize how bad addiction can be. When you find something that is a crutch and use it for years, dropping that crutch and walking alone is not an easy thing to do, no matter how many millions are involved.

I agree with you about the issue of addiction and maybe my stance is softened by the fact he is not just sitting on his butt waiting for the suspension to be over with. He is going out and seeking help. He is doing what he should do and because of that I'm willing to give him a chance. I understand those who may feel different but I would always be willing to help someone who is trying to help themselves.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Should tobacco be illegal? Alcohol, fatty food, salt. sugar?

All these things are addictive. Let people make their own choices.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Should tobacco be illegal? Alcohol, fatty food, salt. sugar?

All these things are addictive. Let people make their own choices.

Fine people can make their own choice and the NFL like any business has a right to make choices. In Colorado weed is legal but guess what business can still test their employees for drugs including weed and they can reprimand and terminate those who violate their policy and the courts agreed. Alcohol is legal yet business can test for that as well and if you found to be drinking on the job you can get fired, you don't have to be drunk

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Fine people can make their own choice and the NFL like any business has a right to make choices. In Colorado weed is legal but guess what business can still test their employees for drugs including weed and they can reprimand and terminate those who violate their policy and the courts agreed. Alcohol is legal yet business can test for that as well and if you found to be drinking on the job you can get fired, you don't have to be drunk

OK cool, I have no problem with a private business doing testing for whatever, but that's not what you were talking about in the post I responded to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK cool, I have no problem with a private business doing testing for whatever, but that's not what you were talking about in the post I responded to.

Do I think certain substance should be made legal that are currently illegal? No I don't.

Should we go back and ban current things like tobacco or Alcohol? That would be very difficult to do but that does not mean I think they should add more addictive substance on the market

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Do I think certain substance should be made legal that are currently illegal? No I don't.

Should we go back and ban current things like tobacco or Alcohol? That would be very difficult to do but that does not mean I think they should add more addictive substance on the market

Why do you hate freedom, Doomsday? :)

robjay04

Reaction score
:huh:

I may be missing some dialogue so please forgive me if I am.
We're talking about Randy Gregory. Are you saying Randy Gregory is handling it better than Randy Gregory? Or did you mean Greg Hardy or some other player?

I meant to say Rolando McClan.