News: Schefter: Randy Gregory continues to rehab in Dallas

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Alcohol can be just as problematic as it works on (binds to) the GABA receptors. Any tests for that.

chagus

Reaction score
61349091.jpg
When does he plan on failing his next drug test?

Sydla

Reaction score
Hope it works out for him and he comes back and is a player for us.

But at this point, the Cowboys would be beyond dumb if they build an offseason plan to fix the defense around him being a huge piece of that. I just have a funny feeling that given how cheap they are in FA nowadays, that they will likely put a lot of their eggs in his basket again.

Hope it doesn't burn them again.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

But at this point, the Cowboys would be beyond dumb if they build an offseason plan to fix the defense around him being a huge piece of that. I just have a funny feeling that given how cheap they are in FA nowadays, that they will likely put a lot of their eggs in his basket again.

He will be in Stage III of the testing program for at least the next 2 years.....that means up to 10 tests a month......the medical director can even ban alcohol in extreme cases....he has a very long road ahead with no safety nets.....he is nothing more than a rotation guy that might make the roster once his suspension is over

aikemirv

Reaction score
He will be in Stage III of the testing program for at least the next 2 years.....that means up to 10 tests a month......the medical director can even ban alcohol in extreme cases....he has a very long road ahead with no safety nets.....he is nothing more than a rotation guy that might make the roster once his suspension is over

Not sure why you would test for Marijuana 10 times a month.......

I mean I would understand if it was a safety sensitive job but as long as it stays in your system I don't know why you would need to test a football player that often.

kevm3

Reaction score
The league stance on weed is pretty pathetic. Guys have actually gotten drunk and killed people in the league, but that's fine, as are much more powerful prescription pain medications, but this is what we focus on?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not sure why you would test for Marijuana 10 times a month.......

I mean I would understand if it was a safety sensitive job but as long as it stays in your system I don't know why you would need to test a football player that often.
They also tests for speed, coke, Molly and sometimes alcohol

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The league stance on weed is pretty pathetic. Guys have actually gotten drunk and killed people in the league, but that's fine, as are much more powerful prescription pain medications, but this is what we focus on?
Those guys were suspended for a year......don't act like DUIs don't get punished either.....in fact the weed policy is pretty lax unless you are an idiot

kazzd58

Reaction score
My Dude yup and to all y'all that was calling me crazy and putting a fork in Randy so far so good ... Y'all tried to clown me so hard but i aint going i know what I'm talking about...

finally some good news about Randy for a change!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Those guys were suspended for a year......don't act like DUIs don't get punished either.....in fact the weed policy is pretty lax unless you are an idiot

Very true, After all you had to have had to have failed 3 drug test before the league hands down a 4 game suspension. Heck where I work you fail one and you are gone.

I know these guys are young but even a moron could figure out if you have already failed twice that you have ran out of chances.

Sydla

Reaction score
My Dude yup and to all y'all that was calling me crazy and putting a fork in Randy so far so good ... Y'all tried to clown me so hard but i aint going i know what I'm talking about...

finally some good news about Randy for a change!

LOL.

Only a fool puts total faith in this guy at this point. You hope he works out but you likely should expect he won't.

kazzd58

Reaction score
LOL.

Only a fool puts total faith in this guy at this point. You hope he works out but you likely should expect he won't.

And who are you?? thats your belief .... me and you are 2 totally different people we don't think the same at all.. I'm good my way

31smackdown

Reaction score
The crazy part is that we haven't really even seen him play more than one game. You always hear about this elite talent, but it's never been proven in the NFL. You have to think that he must be showing something in practices to be getting that much support. After a while it gets a little old hearing about potential all stars that have no NFL game film to back it up.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

This I agree with.
They made that mistake with 55 and that didn't turn out well. I think Gregory is far more conscience than McClain ever was but we don't know the extent of his issues. Maybe he simply can't overcome them, maybe he can but the Cowboys can't take any chances. DRAFT dlineman!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

They were suspended for killing someone while under the influence not for the act of drinking. Yikes.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" but I'll believe when he can get out of the NFL's drug program. I'm a big guy and could easily lose weight at a weight loss facility but once I'm out and have my free will back, will I maintain the diet and habits I formed? I truly hope Gregory has turned a corner and is staying 100% sober, but it is not easy. Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I did it and have been tobacco free for 4 years. Now if only I can quit snacking....

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

I agree man, it sucks.

I have hope, tho (not conviction, mind you). But as you've pointed out many, many times, this is a complete failure of the front office for banking on Gregory as far back as last Feb. We blew it this past offseason, so now we're relegated to a hope and a prayer that this dude cleans it up. As long a shot as it is.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
And who are you?? thats your belief .... me and you are 2 totally different people we don't think the same at all.. I'm good my way

Who am I? Just a guy trying to use some common sense with regards to this situation.

The main point here is that the team cannot count on Gregory going forward despite the fact you think he's gonna be the bomb diggity. So when they look at their team this offseason and conclude they need to upgrade DE again, they can't make decisions based on Gregory being there. If they do that, it's foolish.