News: Schefter: Randy Gregory continues to rehab in Dallas

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Some good news.

If the can come back in 2017 and contribute I'd consider it a bonus at this point.

Which is a pretty damning statement given it was just 16 months ago when people were dead sure that Dallas had gotten a monstrosity of a steal by taking him at the end of the 2nd round.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Which is a pretty damning statement given it was just 16 months ago when people were dead sure that Dallas had gotten a monstrosity of a steal by taking him at the end of the 2nd round.

Did you like the pick at the time? Just curious, not trying to be confrontational

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Did you like the pick at the time? Just curious, not trying to be confrontational

I can't even recall what my first thought was. Not sure I watched the draft last year. Think I was working that weekend.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not sure why you would test for Marijuana 10 times a month.......

I mean I would understand if it was a safety sensitive job but as long as it stays in your system I don't know why you would need to test a football player that often.

My guess would be that the agreement requires all players to go through the same process and some drugs can clear in a couple of days (or shorter). Consequently, everyone gets to be inconvenienced to the same extent by undergoing tests frequent enough to catch nearly all the drugs that are abused.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Cowboys' Gregory continues to rehab
Suspended Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is out of rehab in Massachusetts, but he's still receiving and will continue to receive regular treatment in Dallas, according to a league source, so his rehab is not over.

But those who know Gregory insist he has been clean for over four months and is doing as well as he has in recent memory. He has changed his attitude and priorities, added weight, worked out regularly, and impressed the people around him, who believe he has turned a corner in his personal life.

They acknowledge that there still is work to do, and it always will be a battle, but with Gregory continuing to address his personal demons with the help he needs, they believe he can be a significant factor for the Cowboys once he is allowed to return to football.

-- Adam Schefter

Link to more: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-broncos-qb-trevor-siemian-become-trade-bait
Everybody, in a communal sign of support, wring their hands and hold their breath.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Look, I am no mind reader, I don't have personal access to Randy Gregory, and I have no clue who he hangs out with, so all I can go by is what I see on the outside. What I have seen so far does not give me much hope at all. We have heard some of this same lip service when it came to Josh Gordon. Until I see something different, I think he's a lost cause. There have been many many players like RG in the NFL over the years, some have turned it completely around, and some have not. What does RG have in him? Will he be in the turn it around group or will he just be a another blip on the NFL map? Only time will tell.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
The fact that he just had a kid is my hope he'll change things. I don't have a child yet myself, but I've heard your priorities change when you have your baby in your hands.

I don't think it's just a regular, lazy addiction with Randy, its a coping mechanism for his bi-polar condition. But maybe he'll be more focused to use another method to get passed it with someone relying on him now for their future

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm skeptical too up to the point where someone is literally risking millions of dollars just to smoke weed.

I don't think 'just' is an accurate characterization. I don't think he is trying to make a statement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look, I am no mind reader, I don't have personal access to Randy Gregory, and I have no clue who he hangs out with, so all I can go by is what I see on the outside. What I have seen so far does not give me much hope at all. We have heard some of this same lip service when it came to Josh Gordon. Until I see something different, I think he's a lost cause. There have been many many players like RG in the NFL over the years, some have turned it completely around, and some have not. What does RG have in him? Will he be in the turn it around group or will he just be a another blip on the NFL map? Only time will tell.

We also heard the same lip service from Von Miller. There are some success stories is all i'm saying. Not comparing the two.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rehab for pot?? Give me a break, it's called being young not a drug addict

When you risk making millions of dollars for weed......you better go somewhere. Rehab, go to Oz to see the Wizard......something. You most definitely has a problem.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I was reading Walterfootball's scouting report on Gregory and they compare him to Von Miller. They also compare Jaylon Smith to Luke Kulchey (spelling?). If and that is a big IF Gregory can ever get his head on straight and Smith can return to form prior to injury, this defense is going to be good, imo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We're into his second season and all we're talking about with him are his suspension and rehab.

tcain2004

Reaction score
At this point its not even worth talking about Gregory. Hes going to end up like Gordon minus the few years of production. It's a shame what drugs/alcohol can do to folks with immense potential