Twitter: Schefter suggesting as many as 18 teams could change QBs

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Some are saying the offseason will be one like never before. Guess the $37-38M question for fans, is how or if this affects Dak's negotiation.

I just can’t get that 2014 playoff game out of my head when it comes to Stafford. He was in his prime and he was awful. They should have beaten us and he fumbles the game away. Stafford was probably at his best then. He reminds me of Drew Bledsoe when he was in Dallas. Hard pass.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Outside of a couple of those qbs teams should be drafting, not taking else someone elses problem

Interesting take...... rookie QB vs vet or let's put it another way, knowing what you're getting vs not knowing. One thing we know for sure, the success rate of QBs drafted with high picks hasn't been good over the last few years. Hell, I just read where someone suggested only 7-9 current QBs are secured as 2021 starters. Haven't checked to see if it's true but damn, that's a lot of teams with question marks.

InTheZone

Reaction score

Interesting take...... rookie QB vs vet or let's put it another way, knowing what you're getting vs not knowing. One thing we know for sure, the success rate of QBs drafted with high picks hasn't been good over the last few years. Hell, I just read where someone suggested only 7-9 current QBs are secured as 2021 starters. Haven't checked to see if it's true but damn, that's a lot of teams with question marks.
Yup, outside of your peyton Manning, kurt Warner, and Tom brady when has a FA vet QB ever gotten to a super bowl? Sure it'll happen again, but its a lot more rare than drafting a QB to take you there.

Loso86

Reaction score
Some are saying the offseason will be one like never before. Guess the $37-38M question for fans, is how or if this affects Dak's negotiation.

Besides 1 or 2 Dak is the best QB available rather FA, Trade or whatever. So it doesn't change anything for us i dont think

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
18 NFL teams with QB situations ?

1)Jacksonville
2) Carolina
3) Chicago
4) Washington
5) Detroit
6) Indy
7) Jets
8) Houston
9) Denver

In Limbo:
10) Rams
11 Philly
12 Dallas
13 SF Niners
14 ATL
15 Miami
16 New Orleans ?
17 Tampa Bay ?
18 Pittsburg ?
Like I was saying last night...unprecedented QB movement....it's qb musical chairs....don't be the team left without one.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is pretty outlandish thinking TBH.

Yes a lot of teams have QBs up in the air including unusual cases in:
GB, DAL, HOU.

But few teams have any desire to have no idea who will be the QB come March 15th.
You only have so much time to build an offense and get a guy up to speed.
Then he has to build timing with his teammates.
Good teams certainly aren't going to go that route.
They'll have their guy identified and all but locked in even if the paperwork isn't in yet.

Certainly lower end FA QBs and such will change teams but going to systems they know is the usual happenstance because it makes life easier on everyone involved so when money is near equal that's the typical move.

Carson

Reaction score
Bet less than 10 teams have a new starting QB next season, off season BS.

Facts.

Teams like the Steelers, Rams, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons won’t change. Saints likely roll with Hill and Winston.

I also see Brady coming back. Although he may retire on top of he wins #7

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

People this is PURE SPECULATION written in a WOW factor to get as many clicks possible to increase Schefter's income. That's like saying there will be 20 new head coaches next season too.