Twitter: Schefter suggesting as many as 18 teams could change QBs

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Facts.

Teams like the Steelers, Rams, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons won’t change. Saints likely roll with Hill and Winston.

I also see Brady coming back. Although he may retire on top of he wins #7

What are the Saints going to pay Winston with? Paying him under the table like Florida State did? Saints have absolutely no cap room to pay any FA. Is Winston going to take considerably less to play for the Saints on a 1-year contract?

Tua stinks. Stealers are looking at a $41M cap hit with Ben. His min cap hit is $26M if they cut him or extend. Extending him kicks the can down the road one more year.

Eagles will try to trade Wentz. The team hates him and he stinks. Hurts will be their QB.

quickccc

Reaction score
Facts.

Teams like the Steelers, Rams, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons won’t change. Saints likely roll with Hill and Winston.

I also see Brady coming back. Although he may retire on top of he wins #7

I can see Philly, Rams and Bucs not changing (only if Brady retires after SB) Two of the 3 teams have young 2 QBs who
they've already very highly invested in per draft picks and big dollar contract, and carry a massive cap hit otherwise.

- If Dolphins are really in limbo,
It purely means organization has prematurely given up on him already based on matters they did not like either on the field or off ..or both.
and it's not like they are in position as the No.1 overall as Arizona did to get K. Murray...and get rid of a ex-No. 1 pick only just a year ago.

-Brady? who are the Bucs grooming behind Brady, to succeed Brady should he suddenly retire ?
- I haven't watch Matt Ryan close enough to observe if he is in obvious physical decline.

Saints ? Drew Brees is expected to retire per public media, but until Brees officially calls it, .. would you gamble on Jamie Winston as the new franchise starter ?
Would gamble on Hill as the guy that gets the ball to receiving targets on a regular basis ? Maybe Sean Payton is …
I wanna see what the Saints do within those first two picks … or could they go after a Stafford ? and what would that cost if they do decide for Stafford ?

When it comes to QBs, whether the draft ...free agency....or trade, it's not gonna be a quiet offseason in the NFL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are the Saints going to pay Winston with? Paying him under the table like Florida State did? Saints have absolutely no cap room to pay any FA. Is Winston going to take considerably less to play for the Saints on a 1-year contract?

Tua stinks. Stealers are looking at a $41M cap hit with Ben. His min cap hit is $26M if they cut him or extend. Extending him kicks the can down the road one more year.

Eagles will try to trade Wentz. The team hates him and he stinks. Hurts will be their QB.
Winston signed a one year deal with the Saints last year …. why is it so hard to believe he would do it again? OF course, even if he won't Taysom Hill will still be on the team. He's probably the choice to start over Winston anyway.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Some are saying the offseason will be one like never before. Guess the $37-38M question for fans, is how or if this affects Dak's negotiation.

Greg Cosell is my favorite NFL guy that knows his stuff. That’s saying something if he thinks this....mostly about drafting some of these guys so high

Carson

Reaction score

Basing that off of reports. Winston played for $1.1 million last year. Reports in New Orleans they expect him to start or rotate with Hill. Why would a guy who nobody wanted last year, who played for cheap all of sudden get a big deal elsewhere?

Pittsburgh has already spoke about reworking Bens contract. You know he’s going to drag it out but he’s playing next year.

Unless Miami lands Watson, Tua will be the guy. They could pick up a vet like Dalton to play the Fitzpatrick role. But they won’t quit on him this early.

Good luck offloading the Wentz contract this offseason. Although if anybody can do it, it’s Roseman. From what’s reported it was between Wentz or Pederson. Eagles ownership chose Wentz

quickccc

Reaction score

i'll stay tuned with Wentz watch.
It wouldn't make sense to fire the only HC in team history that won your only SB in Philly ...and Wentz still wants outta Philly.

Tua is also a rookie, and some rookie QBs are not an overnight success - such as Hubert with the Chargers.
But if they are giving up on him and ready to move away from him, based off a down rookie year then upper management needs to fire the responsible party for drafting him in 1st round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Certainly a great year for a team looking for a change at QB.

3-5 good long term prospects from the draft,
3-4 franchise level QBs potentially available (which is very rare), plus
a bunch of NFL starting quality QBs to fill a gap.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not so sure about that being Lurie fired Pederson to keep ole Wentzie.

To top it off, Duce Staley didn't get the HC job because his quarterback would have been Hurts along with many other quarterbacks they interviewed. Main reason why Sirrianni got the job is because he likes Wenzie over Hurts!
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...head-coach-hire-philadelphia-quarterback-guru

quickccc

Reaction score
Basing that off of reports. Winston played for $1.1 million last year. Reports in New Orleans they expect him to start or rotate with Hill. Why would a guy who nobody wanted last year, who played for cheap all of sudden get a big deal elsewhere?

Pittsburgh has already spoke about reworking Bens contract. You know he’s going to drag it out but he’s playing next year.

Unless Miami lands Watson, Tua will be the guy. They could pick up a vet like Dalton to play the Fitzpatrick role. But they won’t quit on him this early.

Good luck offloading the Wentz contract this offseason. Although if anybody can do it, it’s Roseman. From what’s reported it was between Wentz or Pederson. Eagles ownership chose Wentz

i'm just thankful and hopeful that Watson doesn't head to either one of our two NFC East foes per Philly or Washington. :eek:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yup, outside of your peyton Manning, kurt Warner, and Tom brady when has a FA vet QB ever gotten to a super bowl? Sure it'll happen again, but its a lot more rare than drafting a QB to take you there.
Doug Williams, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Drew Brees, Nick Foles...it has happened more than you think

Carson

Reaction score
i'm just thankful and hopeful that Watson doesn't head to either one of our two NFC East foes per Philly or Washington. :eek:

Oh same here. They are in a outstanding cap situation this offseason. I look for them to add a guy like Anthony Harris and a #2 receiver.

But they have a lot of pending massive contracts coming up. Scherff, Payne, Allen, McLaurin, Allen, Sweat. All of these guys will be paid handsomely. That’s the negative or drafting so high. Eventually you have to pay them. I don’t even want to think of what Chase Young demands in a few years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yup, outside of your peyton Manning, kurt Warner, and Tom brady when has a FA vet QB ever gotten to a super bowl? Sure it'll happen again, but its a lot more rare than drafting a QB to take you there.
If we are talking true franchise, multi-year Pro Bowl types---or especially All-Pros.......
They are rarely available; and younger ones are pretty much never available.

Even then, the list is longer than you think if you include vets that were not superstars..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Winston signed a one year deal with the Saints last year …. why is it so hard to believe he would do it again? OF course, even if he won't Taysom Hill will still be on the team. He's probably the choice to start over Winston anyway.

+1 but I've said keep an eye on Cam Newton here. He gets one last shot to prove he can still be a starter in the league, a chance to play for Payton, and close to home.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Doug Williams, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Drew Brees, Nick Foles...it has happened more than you think
Ok you got me, though some of those guys were flat out carried.

quickccc

Reaction score
Oh same here. They are in a outstanding cap situation this offseason. I look for them to add a guy like Anthony Harris and a #2 receiver.

But they have a lot of pending massive contracts coming up. Scherff, Payne, Allen, McLaurin, Allen, Sweat. All of these guys will be paid handsomely. That’s the negative or drafting so high. Eventually you have to pay them. I don’t even want to think of what Chase Young demands in a few years.

I believe I read where Watson has a no trade clause in his contract, basically giving him the power to choose where he wants to be traded to
and at least publicly Jets and Miami only have been made mentioned. For our sake I hope it stays that way.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Greg Cosell is my favorite NFL guy that knows his stuff. That’s saying something if he thinks this....mostly about drafting some of these guys so high

Agree......he's simply saying how hard it is to know what you're getting in rookies.

Carson

Reaction score
I believe I read where Watson has a no trade clause in his contract, basically giving him the power to choose where he wants to be traded to
and at least publicly Jets and Miami only have been made mentioned. For our sake I hope it stays that way.

i just cannot fathom a world, where a player of Watsons caliber, actually WANTS to play for the Jets. They stink, taxes suck, it’s going to be cold for an Old Georgia boy