Video: Schefter: The Cowboys will end up tagging Dak Prescott

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry if repost.

Schefter says Dallas loves Dak but Dallas has a certain number and idea in his mind and Dak thinks he should be rewarded for playing out his rookie deal.

Dallas believes he should take a "discount" to receive all of the benefits of being the Cowboys Quarterback and Dak believes he should be paid "top top dollar".

He thinks Amari Cooper is going to be paid north of 20 million a year. Unbelievable..

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Sorry if repost.

Schefter says Dallas loves Dak but Dallas has a certain number and idea in his mind and Dak thinks he should be rewarded for playing out his rookie deal.

Dallas believes he should take a "discount" to receive all of the benefits of being the Cowboys Quarterback and Dak believes he should be paid "top top dollar".

He thinks Amari Cooper is going to be paid north of 20 million a year. Unbelievable..

Is it really unbelievable? Dak is good, not great AT THIS POINT. I understand the market but if the supposed current offer is indeed real its more than a fair deal for Dak. If he thinks he can leverage the team into north of that then either franchise or transition is exactly what he deserves. Sorry I like Dak and am full of hope for his future, but hes been too volatile to be paid more.

Coop is a stud, but not without his own warts. Nonetheless Id be happy to retain him and not have to burn another draft pick on his replacement. If we can get a bridge qb with potential Id move on from Dak. That said I dont want to lose him without any compensation, and Id prefer to keep him and watch him improve.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is it really unbelievable? Dak is good, not great AT THIS POINT. I understand the market but if the supposed current offer is indeed real its more than a fair deal for Dak. If he thinks he can leverage the team into north of that then either franchise or transition is exactly what he deserves. Sorry I like Dak and am full of hope for his future, but hes been too volatile to be paid more.

Coop is a stud, but not without his own warts. Nonetheless Id be happy to retain him and not have to burn another draft pick on his replacement. If we can get a bridge qb with potential Id move on from Dak. That said I dont want to lose him without any compensation, and Id prefer to keep him and watch him improve.

The thing is.. Dallas will eventually cave in and give Dak more then he is asking for right now.. That is what I hate about all of this.

If Dallas would legit put some pressure on him and call his bluff to sign elsewhere or get in talks with Tom Brady then Dak's team would take whatever Dallas offered.

Dallas is playing nice.

Also with Amari.. I think he's awesome but we're about to make him the highest paid WR in football.. I hate that any FA we have now gets to be the highest paid in football at their position.

Big_D

Reaction score
New nickname for the D.. the Bargain Hunters or the Dumpster Divers.

CWR

Reaction score
The thing is.. Dallas will eventually cave in and give Dak more then he is asking for right now.. That is what I hate about all of this.

If Dallas would legit put some pressure on him and call his bluff to sign elsewhere or get in talks with Tom Brady then Dak's team would take whatever Dallas offered.

Dallas is playing nice.

Also with Amari.. I think he's awesome but we're about to make him the highest paid WR in football.. I hate that any FA we have now gets to be the highest paid in football at their position.

I agree on Dak and Coop. Unfortunately the market is gonna dictate Coop gets big money somewhere and I dont wanna have to fill another hole.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree on Dak and Coop. Unfortunately the market is gonna dictate Coop gets big money somewhere and I dont wanna have to fill another hole.

Yeah.. At least Cooper is 25 years old so his deal should look nice in a few years.

I just don't see a lot of highly paid WR's winning titles.

Dallas is really building their team the wrong way but at least when Cooper is on he is really good.

I thought he was a top 4 receiver last year until about week 10.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Sorry if repost.

strange. Cooper was benched and Dak should've been benched for a couple of games towards the end of last season, yet both are about to be the highest paid...

InTheZone

Reaction score
New nickname for the D.. the Bargain Hunters or the Dumpster Divers.
or

"Not the First Time"

as in we went through this with Romo. People are quick to blame special teams and defense now, wait til we actually finish last in league, then what? No more 8-8 and more 6-10? k

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Cooper disappears as much as the Invisible Man and JJ gonna make him highest paid WR? I hope this is not true.