Video: Schefter: The Cowboys will end up tagging Dak Prescott

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
None of these guys really know what the two sides are thinking. Dak may very well sign by Monday or he may hold out. But they are just reading the tea leaves.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
It’s easier to replace a WR than it is a QB.

Looks like the Cowboys are going to kick the Dak can down the road for another season.

The downside to that is that Dak will have even more leverage after that and the salary cap will be higher. I really don’t get it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
gonna tag him so they can get a deal done long term. MEH...

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm almost as tired of the Dak contract negotiations as Zeke. Does he deserve to get paid? Sure he does, but the jumbers thrown around are more than fair.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Good......now we can concentrate on getting a QB that actually wants to be here and this dude can go chase whatever fantasy he's looking for.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I hope McCarthy is being heavily consulted during this negotiation. No one on the Cowboys knows QB talent like McCarthy. If he see feels Dak is worth the moon and stars, so be it. No way to Cooper @ $20M, that's insane.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah.. At least Cooper is 25 years old so his deal should look nice in a few years.

I just don't see a lot of highly paid WR's winning titles.

Dallas is really building their team the wrong way but at least when Cooper is on he is really good.

I thought he was a top 4 receiver last year until about week 10.

I did too and I agree he isn't Micheal Thomas or Julio. Its funny because a few years ago I loved the philosophy of building from the ball out and it looked like we were setting up a great foundation. Then we paid our RB a ton, and just continued to throw money around and now I am not so certain. I really hope MM can be a difference maker here. If Garrett/Marinelli are as bad as most of us believe than we may be evaluating this team in an entirely different context next season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...

Y'all are ok with paying Amari Cooper north of $20 mil / year, even though he's been injured and takes plays off, but y'all don't want to pay Dak his deserved $35 mil even though Dak has never missed a game or taken plays off?

:facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
He thinks Amari Cooper is going to be paid north of 20 million a year. Unbelievable..

this would be a franchise killer unlike we've seen since over reaching for Roy Williams and Galloway..dont do it jerry offer AC 18max with incentives..dudes way inconsistent to get Julio and Thomas money..

seriously thats a mistake that can take down the cap..he has a bad foot , and doesnt seem driven...

id rather go after another WR FA plus rthe draft/...

plymkr

Reaction score
The thing is.. Dallas will eventually cave in and give Dak more then he is asking for right now.. That is what I hate about all of this.

If Dallas would legit put some pressure on him and call his bluff to sign elsewhere or get in talks with Tom Brady then Dak's team would take whatever Dallas offered.

Dallas is playing nice.

Also with Amari.. I think he's awesome but we're about to make him the highest paid WR in football.. I hate that any FA we have now gets to be the highest paid in football at their position.
I would love for them to talk to Brady. If anything to teach Dak that everyone in the world is replaceable.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The thing is.. Dallas will eventually cave in and give Dak more then he is asking for right now.. That is what I hate about all of this.

If Dallas would legit put some pressure on him and call his bluff to sign elsewhere or get in talks with Tom Brady then Dak's team would take whatever Dallas offered.

Dallas is playing nice.

Also with Amari.. I think he's awesome but we're about to make him the highest paid WR in football.. I hate that any FA we have now gets to be the highest paid in football at their position.

Agreed, but dont think it will take top dollar to get Cooper.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah.. At least Cooper is 25 years old so his deal should look nice in a few years.

I just don't see a lot of highly paid WR's winning titles.

Dallas is really building their team the wrong way but at least when Cooper is on he is really good.

I thought he was a top 4 receiver last year until about week 10.

Cooper didn’t look Top 20 after week 10.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope McCarthy is being heavily consulted during this negotiation. No one on the Cowboys knows QB talent like McCarthy. If he see feels Dak is worth the moon and stars, so be it. No way to Cooper @ $20M, that's insane.

Agreed. That’s WAY too much on Amari.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cooper didn’t look Top 20 after week 10.
To be fair: he had a multitude of injuries that was holding him back at that point.

To be fair: he's in the business where that doesn't matter. Produce, or be produce for another team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What is Glazer saying? He’s the one with the info!
glazer indeed is the guy if we want the real inside info. MANY YEARS ago Werder was that guy, but he is a shell of a reporter these days.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Whatevs. Tag him, sign him, trade him, let him go...
Whatever. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Gonna call you a fascist. Seems kinda cool these days. Not that it makes much sense in here.

Corso the Fascist! Who’s with me? Anyone?