Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

lukin2006

Reaction score
If he does get a 1-2 game suspension...is there anyway he can serve it in game 15 and 16? If payoff spot locked up JG will be sitting Zeke anyways.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I hate this entitled attitude that people think companies can only discipline if an employee is convicted of something.

Lol, "entitled?"

That's comedy. What basis is the company grounding its discipline in? This line of thinking doesn't even pass the barstool test. One only simply needs to only imagine a hypothetical where they've been unjustly suspended, disciplined or fired from a private company for something they haven't been proven to do.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lots of outrage and few facts. Meanwhile, there still hasn't been any action taken.

Between the two threads I've seen we're up to what, 27 pages?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Did Zeke sign his contract before or after this "alleged" incident??? I don't care what the NFL/Goddell says, he isn't an employee of the NFL until his contract is signed, not when he is drafted. If this so-called incident happened before he signed his contract, it should be a non-issue regardless. The Oklahoma RB that Cincinnati drafted definitely committed a severe offense and he isn't going to be suspended. Why? Because it happened before he was in the league. No rookie player is in the league until they sign a contract. The draft simply means that a specific team is the only one that can sign him.

I looked it up and Zeke signed his contract on or around May 18th, so the alleged incident did happen after he signed his contract. Oh well, based on the evidence he didn't do anything anyway.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
can you imagine the distraction it will be in training camp if next Friday it is announced that zeke will be suspended for two games and also david irving and the Wilson thing and carroll drunk driving arrest the local and national media will go nuts

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So basically he will be suspended under the DV banner and the 6 game suspension will be reduced to 1 game because of the mitigating circumstances that he is 100% innocent and Mara doesn't want him playing week one.

You can't punish someone for "conduct detrimental" to the league because he got caught up with a lying and vindictive girlfriend, IF that's all your investigation turned up. 6 games, 1 game or a small fine. Goodell would be setting a terrible precedent here.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Say he really does get a suspension, how does he go about appealing a suspension that was based on him being suspended despite no criminal charges? In my book, the appeal is not winnable.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Say he really does get a suspension, how does he go about appealing a suspension that was based on him being suspended despite no criminal charges? In my book, the appeal is not winnable.

If you get suspended for something you didn't do, I would think it's highly winnable.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Emotion based?

You gotta be kidding. 1 in 3 arrests for DV end up with no charges files.

Let's please try to actually use logic rather than claiming someone else isn't being logical.

What does any of that have to do with the complaint against Ezekiel Elliott?

I see how you want to play this. So because a proportion of domestic abuse cases never lead to a conviction, we have to apply that to Zeke's specific situation (even though it's a completely isolated event) DESPITE the actual evidence that came out that completely undermines what the accuser stated in her complaint.

There's a word for that, it's called bias. That's investigative methodology 101

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
So he gets suspended 1 game? McFadden and Morris are here for that very reason. If the oline is as good as their draft selections then we should be fine. Zeke isn't worth a Field Goal in this league. Hope he learns to watch out for cameras next time.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They may use the boob clip as an excuse to slap him with a one game suspension, just to save a little face and make Marra happy.

revospeed

Reaction score
The only winner in this circumstance is the PI that the NFL hired to conduct this investigation. He's been stringing along Goodell and Mara for a year saying that he's following a lead that will reveal the smoking gun all while racking up billable hours talking to barmaids and cleat chasers in Columbus. I bet he's the same guy that strung along Schefter for a year with the Dez Walmart tape.

In all seriousness though, I wonder what new evidence they could have found that the police couldn't have.

If there's no new evidence that was found and Zeke still gets suspended, does that set the precedent that players can be suspended just by an accusation?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The only winner in this circumstance is the PI that the NFL hired to conduct this investigation. He's been stringing along Goodell and Mara for a year saying that he's following a lead that will reveal the smoking gun all while racking up billable hours talking to barmaids and cleat chasers in Columbus. I bet he's the same guy that strung along Schefter for a year with the Dez Walmart tape.

In all seriousness though, I wonder what new evidence they could have found that the police couldn't have.

If there's no new evidence that was found and Zeke still gets suspended, does that set the precedent that players can be suspended just by an accusation?

Not just an accusation, but an accusation that has been completed refuted by eye witnesses and the alleged victim's own texts.

ShortRound

Reaction score
So this might be real? I'm getting news alerts from every news app I have. Crap.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Not just an accusation, but an accusation that has been completed refuted by eye witnesses and the alleged victim's own texts.

That's what's so frustrating. The one and only reason to suspend him would be to placate the "guilty until proven innocent" crowd. Not a good reason in my book.