Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

3,630 Messages
    5,177 Likes Received
    Wow I gotta hand it to you. It takes a serious amount of skill to get a dig in at Jerry in a zeke suspension thread. You poor poor soul.

2. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,190 Messages
    7,429 Likes Received
    Not many do compared to 2011 which is why they keep laying so many people off.

haleyrules likes this.
  3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    So out of curiosity, if he does get a one game suspension prior to the season wouldn't the NFL suspend for the first game? You think they made the schedule on purpose with the Giants first, as they have for the past several years, knowing that they would give Zeke a suspension and it would be against the Giants? Even though the Giants beat them twice last year with Zeke.

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  4. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    Absolutely it's biased but against every team. Rarely are two punishments the same unless it's something very black and white like the substance abuse policy.

haleyrules likes this.
  5. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,800 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    Yes. Yes, I think they would do just that.

Dhragon likes this.
  6. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

38,432 Messages
    55,719 Likes Received
    Of course the NFL is looking to pin something on him.

7. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

38,432 Messages
    55,719 Likes Received
    LOL.

8. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    People act like this is the first time a player has been suspended based on accusations or no official arrest. It's not but don't try to tell that to the Mara/Goodell conspiracy theorists, they'll come up with every excuse to dispute that.

9. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    Ok then, thanks for the honesty :)

10. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,800 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    You just don't get it. It's not just that there was no criminal conviction, it's the fact that all of the evidence shows the girl lied and also tried to get others to lie on her behalf. No organization should be able to take actions against their employees for something they didn't do, or even that can't be proven to have happened. If that's the case, all that is needed is for random individuals to start claiming players on rival teams did something to them if they ever see them in public.

Dhragon, Old'Boyfan and seamus18 like this.
  11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,800 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    People seem to forget that Jerry made a lot of enemies within the NFL when he took the league to court in regards to marketing and the funds made from marketing back in the 90's. Many of the owners and league officials have not forgotten that.

Dhragon and Old'Boyfan like this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

58,979 Messages
    60,396 Likes Received
    The NFL just popped Vikings WR Michael Floyd and Rams WR Mike Thomas for 4 games a piece.

Prepare to be violated, Cowboys fans.

13. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,800 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    Yeah, but those were for substance abuse which are pretty straight up issues. You either test positive or you don't, regardless whether it's illegal drugs or performance enhancing drugs.

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  14. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

16,320 Messages
    10,022 Likes Received
    the NFLPA is the dumbest union ever to give one person so much power over them.They are monumentally stupid.

haleyrules likes this.
  15. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

3,804 Messages
    6,244 Likes Received
  16. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

3,380 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    If the NFL investigation doesn't come up with concrete evidence, this will be the first time a player has been suspended based off disproven accusations.

Dhragon likes this.
  17. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

7,739 Messages
    6,431 Likes Received
    if he is suspended two games with the young defense the cowboys may get of to a really rough start

18. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    I absolutely get it and if there is a suspension with just the news we know then I'd be po'd but for the time being a) we don't even know if there will be a suspension and b) we don't know if we have all the facts so until something happens and there is more clarity we can't make assumptions.

Again, the NFL has always done things their way and always will until they change the system during the next bargaining agreement. I hate it but that's what is. I believe it was Brandon Marshall who was arrested but never convicted of anything 3 times. The NFL filed that under "personal misconduct" and suspended him 3 games.

Dez was charged, later dropped IIRC, and they just gave him mandatory counseling and a curfew.

We all know what happened with Hardy.

Josh Brown was never technically charged and served on game I believe.

My point is every case is different and so are the punishments. This isn't anything new. Technically none of the guys above were found guilty of anything either and all of their punishments vary. And for the last time, based on what we currently know I think it's all BS to but I also know the NFL has and will donwhat it wants and it has nothing to do with the jersey he wears until there is definitive proof.

19. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,604 Messages
    10,338 Likes Received
    Well according to many here and the jacked up state of NC, Hardy's accusations were never proved. Why was he suspended? Why was Brandon Marshall suspended when he wasn't found guilty?

20. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

3,804 Messages
    6,244 Likes Received
    Sure. I'M A GIANTS FAN

Dhragon, windward and aria like this.