Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

RonWashington

Reaction score
TE oh brother just bring Sgt Schultz back he signed for peanuts in Houston and go about getting an OL or a DB early in the draft . Schultz will help that Houston offense

Jarntt

Reaction score
The reason this pisses me off is rooted in reading the other day (I think on here?) that we supposedly knew of his injury when we drafted him. Even if you liked the pick at the time, you have to admit that it was at least somewhat surprising/questionable and I'll personally call it a little of a reach. Throw an injury on top of it and it really is a little perplexing. But, unless it's a top 10 pick, I always feel you are drafting a guy for the next 5 years or so, not just week 1 of season 1. So let's hope he heals up and turns out the player the team thought he was when they drafted him. If he gets a couple of breaks maybe he even gets some snaps in a couple of preseason games and this is all forgotten.

Patrick

Reaction score
Hated the pick, got over it and tried to look at the positives he could bring to the team, got excited about it and now I hate it again.

What a waste of a pick. 24 years old and may not play an NFL snap till he's 25. Which isn't that crazy because he TURNS 25 IN 54 DAYS. We spent a 2nd round pick on a 25 year old.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hated the pick, got over it and tried to look at the positives he could bring to the team, got excited about it and now I hate it again.

What a waste of a pick. 24 years old and may not play an NFL snap till he's 25. Which isn't that crazy because he TURNS 25 IN 54 DAYS. We spent a 2nd round pick on a 25 year old.
It would be fun to be 25.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hill was the worst IMO. Every knew it didn’t really make sense when you took him
yodGpNk.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'll eat crow if i'm wrong but yeh bust. The picked sucked when it was made and it looks worse every day.
They drafted him knowing he had this chronic condition.

The possible upside is if he doesn't get a league year this year.

I think the injury was NFI. If he gets IRed, it's a redshirt year and doesn't count against his rookie years. He'll end up with an extra year as RFA.

Normally I like taking an injured guy who drops if we can redshirt him like this. But *reaching* for a guy like that makes little sense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still have my questions about the club's decision to pick Schoon higher in the rounds than most had him. Why did we pick him in the 2nd round as
compare to the 4th round as we did with Ferguson and Schultz ?

Was it a panic move on McClay's part ? So worried about the crop of TEs going off the board quickly in 2nd rd. that we have to have a possible starter ?
And still i have to wonder if the club still sees Ferguson as more of a TE2 ..than a TE1.
I think it was panick when there was a run on TEs as you said. I don't think they intended to take him in second round, specially that he was known as a good blocker. athletic as he maybe, unproven pass catcher in college. and then if they knew about the foot injury, why why why.

but its story of our second round. we tend to hit a lot on 3rd and 4th rounders, but 2nd round is pathetic and a team should end up with solid starters, contributors or potential probowlers in 2nd round. Diggs fits that definition. Williams? hmmm, lets wait and see. Joseph? I think he is already a bust. McGovern. Williams? neither are here. Awuzie, lets not go there. Escobar. Crawford, Brewster....I mean its a futile round for us.

I have a feeling, he will try to rush back. get injured again. spend a year on IR, then come back next year and get injured again and on and on and three years later, he is off the team.

Einstein

Reaction score
So much hate when the team is so good.
Not really... just Ferguson showed he could probably replace Schultz, but we picked a TE in the 2nd round when there seemed to be better players.