Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will only get worse if during the season they're light on quality OL.

CWR

Reaction score
So mazi and schoonmaker. If mazi doesnt change our defense this is a total whipeout

I'm still really happy to have Mazi. Because of his position and tools, he can be a massive difference maker for a defense already pushing towards elite.

I'm also not ready to declare Schoon done. Before that though I had plenty of faith in Ferguson and Hendershot. I didn't think TE was such a major need, but apparently I was wrong.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not really... just Ferguson showed he could probably replace Schultz, but we picked a TE in the 2nd round when there seemed to be better players.
McCarthy has a plan. The only guys I would have considered over Schoonmaker were Hooker the qb from Tennessee and the linebacker from Washington. They evidently thought that they didn't need a qb now and they were able to get Overshown in the 3rd.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Starting to really hate the second round - I'd start using it to move up in the first.
Considering how well we draft after the 2nd round, I would try and trade out of the 2nd and move back.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm still really happy to have Mazi. Because of his position and tools, he can be a massive difference maker for a defense already pushing towards elite.

I'm also not ready to declare Schoon done. Before that though I had plenty of faith in Ferguson and Hendershot. I didn't think TE was such a major need, but apparently I was wrong.
Your not wrong, but Schoon would have brought both elements to the field at the same time, we are not horrible with Ferg, Hendershot.
Schoons absence just elevates snap counts for a steal in Luepke.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Huh? They made the SB because of free agent signings. Lets not compare the 2 teams howie runs circles around Jerry
You said 2nd rounders should play. Their last one didn't. But if the question was too complicated we can move on

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You said 2nd rounders should play. Their last one didn't. But if the question was too complicated we can move on
And eagles fans would say it was a bad pick i dont understand. Their 2nd round picked sucked as well. Are you saying because the eagles went to the sb with a bad 2nd round pick we can too?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
And eagles fans would say it was a bad pick i dont understand. Their 2nd round picked sucked as well. Are you saying because the eagles went to the sb with a bad 2nd round pick we can too?
Eagles fans don't call jergens a bad pick though. Try again

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Eagles fans don't call jergens a bad pick though. Try again
I didnt know schoonbummer was playing behind a pro bowler. Anyway enough of your whataboutisms. The picked sucked and OUR team that has fallen flat on offense in the playoffs that could use the help. Schoonbummer will never even beat out jake ferguson

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Our history of drafting injured and crappy 2nd rounders

Smith
Lee
Gregory (pot head)
Carter
Schoonmaker

On and on and on. Always reaching in the 2nd round.

The only 2nd rounder I remember who was good is Diggs. MYbe williams
Conveniently leaving out Lawrence. Lee's great seasons far exceeded reasonable expectations for a 2nd rounder as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did they say the set back was from the same injury. Maybe he just stubbed his toe.
:muttley: