Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We passed on Darnell Washington due to a "medical concern" but we draft Schoonmaker who is injured and was injured before we drafted him/ Meanwhile, Darnell is actually practicing and taking advantage of his time at Steelers training camp. I still wanted Darnell over Schoonmaker.
The Cowboys didn't. And you are evaluating draft picks VERY early in the careers. You know the draft was only 3+ months ago, right?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping they could give him inserts to fix it. Tbh, I was wanting RB in round 2, but I was okay with this pick at the time not knowing about his foot situation.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder ... We are not legally allowed to have DMN content on this site!

That includes posting tweets with DMN (DallasNews DOT com) links, articles, images, etc.!

rambo2

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping they could give him inserts to fix it. Tbh, I was wanting RB in round 2, but I was okay with this pick at the time not knowing about his foot situation.
It will be interesting how Schoonmaker and Duece turn out. Which back did you want over Duece?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It will be interesting how Schoonmaker and Duece turn out. Which back did you want over Duece?

True, and I think Deuce is a great pick. But hey, nothing wrong with a second back as well. You know? I was thinking, as far as a 2nd round pick goes, Devon Archane would've been good or Bigsby, who is a powerback. I also liked Zach Charbonnet, who would've complimented Vaughn and Pollard nicely.

rambo2

Reaction score
True, and I think Deuce is a great pick. But hey, nothing wrong with a second back as well. You know? I was thinking, as far as a 2nd round pick goes, Devon Archane would've been good or Bigsby, who is a powerback. I also liked Zach Charbonnet, who would've complimented Vaughn and Pollard nicely.
Charbonnet went before our pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Do you mean Jurgens out of Nebraska? Isn’t he the guy they drafted to replace Kelce in the future? He played in 17 games and may start this season, according to their latest depth chart. Who ever said the guy is a bust?
Nobody said he was a bust. he said a 2nd round pick that didnt start. I think the pick was bad because i wouldnt use a depth pick at #51 but thats the eagles.

Schoon pick is so much worse lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
zach would have been perfect