Schottenheimer needs to go - Regardless of this win

Never made a kick how long? 65? He has.

Was 2-4 on those kicks this year? Which kicks?

11-17, which involves more than the 60+ he was attempting, still indicates making it was LIKELY, not unlikely.

Now, whether or not it was worth the risk with the amount of time left on the clock is another argument, but the numbers show making it as more likely than not.

Clearly, they need to fix an issue with their blocking on FGs.
If you really want to be pedantic, he's 1/2 from 65+.

So no, he's not likely to make it.
 
I’m not a fan of the 60 yard field goals unless it’s at the end of half and by that I mean where if it’s missed the opponent can’t get off more thank e play max
 
Attempting a 65-yard field goal at the end of the first half when you are down by 1 score and getting the ball at half is about the dumbest thing a head coach can do. I honestly can't think of a worse decision that could practically happen.
if he made the field goal you wouldn't say a word about it. People have been clamoring for the coach to allow Aubrey to take those long field goals.
 
Houston is screaming now for DeMeco Ryans to be fired. That's nuts.
 
This guy needs to be fired.

I dont care about the win - Great win but one thing I noticed in it was that this offense was poor until DAK started calling his own plays, we saw this with Romo too back when Garrett was calling the plays.

His mistakes at the end of the first half (which shouldn't have occurred because he learned his lesson in Brazil) almost cost this team the game.

If it wasnt for some very weird calls on Houston this team loses in a bad way.

The Cowboys may have beat Houston but Houston also beat Houston - And I am not complaining ill take it, but this guy needs to go.

He will be this teams downfall and he doesnt make them better.
Id love to defend him, but the idiocy to end the half was so incredibly obvious. The moment they lined up I said out loud exactly what was going to happen. If a hammerhead like myself can figure it out.....
 
if he made the field goal you wouldn't say a word about it. People have been clamoring for the coach to allow Aubrey to take those long field goals.
Uh yes I would, you got the wrong guy.

There is no scenario in which it is a good decision to kick that field goal. They shouldn't have kicked the first one either.

I wouldn't have signed Aubrey and would basically never kick a field goal of more than 50 yards unless it's late in the 4th quarter or you have a ridiculous down and distance.

So yes, I would say something about it.
 
if he made the field goal you wouldn't say a word about it. People have been clamoring for the coach to allow Aubrey to take those long field goals.
Not in that situation. Risk reward has to be a factor. Its completely different if youve ran the clock down or defense has demonstrated an ability to make that stop even.

There also has to be some feel for the game. Schotty just hasnt had it, as of late in particular.
 
So he’s given a running play and a passing play.

Picks the play based on the look, moves protections and picks hot routes and you want to give Schotty credit for that.?

When his offense sucked in the entire first half?
They had a half time and made adjustments. That is what coaches do.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,162
Messages
14,670,577
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top