Schottenheimer needs to go - Regardless of this win

Agreed. Schotty defended the decision by saying he trusted Aubrey and the defense.

Well the players need to trust the head coach won't put them in impossible positions, too. The Cowboys won and this mistake wasn't as bad as giving up on 3rd and goal in Rio....but Schotty definitely made yesterday's comeback even tougher with that call.
I think the fact that Aubrey missed the 65-yarder and showed that he is human should make us more hesitant to have him do long kicks unless there's no time left for the other team to turn a miss into points.
 
So he’s given a running play and a passing play.

Picks the play based on the look, moves protections and picks hot routes and you want to give Schotty credit for that.?

When his offense sucked in the entire first half?
They were plays No-Schott sent in. I have problems with some of the decisions he's made, but he made some nice adjustments to his offense in the second half and has one of the most prolific offenses in the league for the second consecutive year.

Our failures once again are on defense, which is why worrying about who is head coach is deflecting from the real problem with this franchise, the Joneses, who are why No-Schott has no shot just like the other six head coaches who came before him after the Team Jimmy Built began to be dismantled.
 
While I’m on board with the fact that Schotty should have never gotten the job in the first place. Unless someone with a legit championship pedigree is available. I say we ride with him to see if he can figure it out. I remember the sad days of Dave Campo and Wade Phillips. Jerry got out of his comfort zone when he hired Bill Parcells and eventually Bill got sick of Jerry’s meddling and quit. I would love to have a guy like Sean Payton as a HC, but how realistic is that?
 
I thought the same thing but shockingly, he fired Eberflus last year with 4 yrs remaining. I don't see it with Schott though or anyone else moving forward.
Talking more HCs than assistants.
Assistants are the scapegoats for Jerry’s poor GM’ing quite a lot.
 
It’s hard for me to fathom how anyone who has essentially been around, played, and coached football their entire life to be so bad at play calling and clock management and have a NFL HC job. The Madden video game ai from the 90s did a better job than some of the clowns Jerry has hired and expected to win a title.
The Problem is that Jerry is not a "Football" guy.

Jerry is a "Marketing" guy, and he's so good at that, that the team doesn't really have to go anywhere in the playoffs. So hiring Cos-Play coaches fr a Cos-Play GM is no biggie for the Jones Empire... Bottom Line Looks Good, and (enough) fans still drink the kool-aid, and enough of the the lap-dog print, radio and TV media still carry the water, wraping any real criticism in such double-speak and mis-direction, that it never realy lands.
 
Jerry is the head coach. Period.

No one will be taking his spotlight, and/or given the opportunity to prove that he was the problem all along. He would rather lose and I believe he has all but said so.

Then people have the nerve to criticize me for hating him. Football used to be fun, and it wasn’t always all about winning.
Missed that era, I guess.

Football is fun and the goal is to win. At least it always has been for me.

Cowboys win = good week, love watching the replay videos and participating in discussions. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, the sky is blue.

Cowboys loss = bad week, football is dead to me, life is a dark apocolypse.

My level of fanaticism used to be an acceptable character flaw, not saying it should ever be regarded as normal. Having said that, I don't feel alone.
 
Back
Top