Schultz has earned TE1

kskboys

Reaction score
No Marinelli said TJ Watt didnt fit as a 4-3 end and reached for a lesser rushing talent in Taco to fit the need instead of taking the obvious better talent. Im all for defense, but im not reaching for another Taco Charlton to make sure we get a position of need.
Taco was a reach for BPA. Went where he was rated, maybe even a bit later.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Kids today have no comprehension of what a chain mover is and what value he has to an O.

Chain movers mean we see less of new weapon Niswander and our all world defense. All for keeping them off the field lol.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the biggest bright spots this season was the emergence of Dalton Schultz, who has proven to be a formidable TE and of starter quality. No reason to waste a top draft pick on a TE, give Schultz the offseason to improve even further and we got ourselves a reliable TE.
TE1 Jarwin
TE2 Schultz
TE3 Bell

kskboys

Reaction score
Production walks, and Schultz just did a whole lot of producing.
I know Jarwin's a fan fave, I get it. But, how in the world can anyone completely discount Schultz's performance this season? How could you miss the separation and YAC he provided? It's absolutely nuts.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I know Jarwin's a fan fave, I get it. But, how in the world can anyone completely discount Schultz's performance this season? How could you miss the separation and YAC he provided? It's absolutely nuts.
Jarwin is a more glitzy name?
Makes for a better Jersey?
More highlights?

No real idea.

Schultz can hold that position down for the next 5 - 8 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
and that's why we are all the biggest suckers in the sports universe worldwide.
I mean, it's OK for fans to think like this, but the problem is, so does Jerry. Even though his way of stacking the O and ignoring the D has been proven emphatically not to work.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I mean, it's OK for fans to think like this, but the problem is, so does Jerry. Even though his way of stacking the O and ignoring the D has been proven emphatically not to work.
Michael Gallup could easily fetch a first in a trade, and a high one at that.

We don't need 3 potential top 10 WRs.

This is not Madden.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
and Jarwin's career stats = Schultz in 1 season.

We have both. Schultz is a legit player and drafting Pitts is a clown move. Though I'd bet you Schultz outperforms Jarwin next season.

Schultz got a full year of starting with no receiving competition at TE. Jarwin got half a year having to drive Witten off a Garret coached team.

When McCarthy/Moore got to choose between the two this year, it was Jarwin, and not any question about it.

I'll take the bet on Schultz vs. Jarwin.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Schultz got a full year of starting with no receiving competition at TE. Jarwin got half a year having to drive Witten off a Garret coached team.

When McCarthy/Moore got to choose between the two this year, it was Jarwin, and not any question about it.

I'll take the bet on Schultz vs. Jarwin.
10 beers at the stadium. Let's go.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
He is really good at his job and he’s not terrible at getting vertical but he can eat up all the underneath coverage.

I’m still shocked that I’m saying this but Schultz is not a jag. He’s an above average NFL TE.

I think he was the biggest surprise of the season for me.

Agreed. The dude was basically all but forgotten about until he was pressed into playing. Love how he fights for YAC.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
youre not wrong and its quite possible hell be there. hell go in the 6-12 range I would think. I guess they have a decision to make if he and Farley or Surtain is there
Would rather have Farley or Surtain any day. We’ve got three good TE’s. It’d be utterly ridiculous to bring in another unless you’ve already got a trade partner worked out for Jarwin or Schultz.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
10 beers at the stadium. Let's go.

Never been at the stadium. Unlikely next year as well.
I was thinking more of a bet on principle.
iu