Schultz has earned TE1

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Never been at the stadium. Unlikely next year as well.
I was thinking more of a bet on principle.
iu
A deal we have

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No Marinelli said TJ Watt didnt fit as a 4-3 end and reached for a lesser rushing talent in Taco to fit the need instead of taking the obvious better talent. Im all for defense, but im not reaching for another Taco Charlton to make sure we get a position of need.
I don't care what Maranelli said I'm speaking about what scouts and mock drafters said......what Maranelli said is irrelevant lol.

blumayne38

Reaction score
He's not going to terrify anyone like Kelce or Waller, but he's definitely serviceable until Jarwin (who's got a little more pop) is ready to go.
Your crazy. He was a really good this season. He displayed all you want in a TE even his blocking was good. He definitely showed more then jarwin has.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
One of the biggest bright spots this season was the emergence of Dalton Schultz, who has proven to be a formidable TE and of starter quality. No reason to waste a top draft pick on a TE, give Schultz the offseason to improve even further and we got ourselves a reliable TE.

I too was surprised how well Schultz played but his avg per catch 9.8 is less than Jarwin's 11.8 and Schultz longest is 28 yards and Jarwin's is 42 yards. Now i used 2018 for Jarwin because he played all 16 games and Schultz was 2020 because he played all 16 games.

Now I still believe in the unwritten rule of a starter doesn't lose is starting job because of injury unless he was playing so bad and/or the backup played way better than the starter. Schultz played good but he was way better than Jarwin.

tico

Reaction score
No need for a wasted draft pick at TE. We have Jarwin and Schultz who get to compete at playing time. I think Jarwin will be a poor man's Kelce.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
One of the biggest bright spots this season was the emergence of Dalton Schultz, who has proven to be a formidable TE and of starter quality. No reason to waste a top draft pick on a TE, give Schultz the offseason to improve even further and we got ourselves a reliable TE.
I agree, but that isnt how it works with jones boys, they decide who the # 1's are , and Jarwin will be # 1 again in 21.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Haters say No! Because Shultz can't out jump DBs on a jump ball duck from Andy Dalton

RandyOh

Reaction score
I don't care what Maranelli said I'm speaking about what scouts and mock drafters said......what Maranelli said is irrelevant lol.
Well you should care what he said because of what he said about Watt is why we passed on him and took the bust.

Aven8

Reaction score
Stay the course with Schultz and Jar. All this offense needs is a small super fast gadget player now.

RandyOh

Reaction score
It’s irrelevant to what we are discussing.
True. Back on course. In my opinion I see it as foolish to pass on a player that is currently seen as a top 10 talent to reach for a need in a draft that is severely lacking defensive talent worth a top 10 pick. That would be like passing on Lamb last draft to take K'Lavon Chaisson (defensive player we was being linked to after ATL took AJ Terrell right before us) because we needed to go defense no matter what. Who at this point is looking like a regrettable pick for Jacksonville. Now if you wanna hope for a trade back in hopes of filling defensive needs with a late 1st and an addition 2nd round pick then im all for it, but I'm not taking a player with a 2nd round grade at 10 when you have a legit 1st round talent sitting in our lap when its time to pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's to Schultz's credit that he's been good enough to achieve his present status.

Yet, he'll, probably, still be obliged to earn his status, in competition with Jarwin.

However, it would not eliminate the chances that a draft TE would get involved.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Haters say No! Because Shultz can't out jump DBs on a jump ball duck from Andy Dalton

shultz got interfered with trying to come back to it it was subtle grab but it did keep him from at least trying to break it up, no call ..mara and NFL NY HCs made sure of it..

plasticman

Reaction score
31 TE's with 20 or more receptions, Dalton tied for 5th in receptions, 10th in catch percentage. his numbers are superior to Pro Bowl selection Evan Engram.

Besides receptions, Schultz fought hard, broke tackles. Whether he is the starter or not, he has proven to be a capable weapon in the passing game.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
He's been pretty decent.

That being said, if Kyle Pitts is available and there isn't a consensus defensive player on the board, I wouldn't be upset with taking Pitts.