Twitter: Schultz on Prescott: The ball's coming out the same as it was before the injury

Scotman

Reaction score
giphy.gif

I love Dak, but that's still a gold level post. lol

Scotman

Reaction score
"Hey look at how my arm is to take focus away from what ended my season and had me doing months of rehab to learn to walk without discomfort again, let alone run at football speeds! Did I mention I'm in the best shape of my life?"

The old misdirection tactic.

Exactly right. He had his foot broken off, not his hand. Everyone knows that leg strength, ankle control, foot placement and all of the things related to that have NOTHING to do with being able to throw the football. Don't misdirect his recovery news by talking about how my QB is throwing the ball after a leg injury!

/s

Brax

Reaction score
Just like your 10 season dream...the choker...what could have been.
:laugh:
Unlike you I deal in facts not what could of been or if only this or that, the dreamer is you especially the last 5 seasons, could of broke the record, if only, he could of won a game, if only his this or that or if only this or that player was better, conspiracies against them. At some point you really need to reevaluate your hopes and balance your dreaming with a touch of reality. This team has done nothing for 24 seasons and until the organization does something other that generate excuses I will keep my view focused on reality. Have a nice holiday and do some reflecting maybe just maybe you can see what this team is, a dysfunctional organization based on hype and selling mediocracy on all levels.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Unlike you I deal in facts not what could of been or if only this or that, the dreamer is you especially the last 5 seasons, could of broke the record, if only, he could of won a game, if only his this or that or if only this or that player was better, conspiracies against them. At some point you really need to reevaluate your hopes and balance your dreaming with a touch of reality. This team has done nothing for 24 seasons and until the organization does something other that generate excuses I will keep my view focused on reality. Have a nice holiday and do some reflecting maybe just maybe you can see what this team is, a dysfunctional organization based on hype and selling mediocracy on all levels.
You sound just like my twin brother. Bashing our Cowboys every chance you get, yet here you are still following them, talking about them and watching them. So who is being a hypocrite...realistically, bro? lol. Come on, admit it...you love them, even though it's been 25 years of failure (in your eyes)! :muttley:

BTW, thanks! Have a blessed holiday as well. God bless those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and to protect our way of living.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
how the hell this gets turned into a negative is beyond my ability to comprehend or understand.

You weren't ready for that? Where have you been?

In all seriousness, I think some are joking considering the criticism Dak received. Schultz's comment was a perfect setup for those who want to act like it's bad news that Dak is looking the same as he was pre-injury.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Schultz was talking about Madden 21'. The devs upgraded some of the program fundamentals:p.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Here is a fact and an unfortunate reality , Dak although not perfect gets more out of this dysfunctional, soft culture team than any QB we have on the roster or are able to attain . Dak motivates these soft self promoting bussiness decision makers to play as close to their ability as we can ever hope for them to play .

Best to root Dak on if you want anything close to watchable football from the Dallas Cowboys without him the half hearted effort given by this team makes them painful to watch

Brax

Reaction score
Here is a fact and an unfortunate reality , Dak although not perfect gets more out of this dysfunctional, soft culture team than any QB we have on the roster or are able to attain . Dak motivates these soft self promoting bussiness decision makers to play as close to their ability as we can ever hope for them to play .

Best to root Dak on if you want anything close to watchable football from the Dallas Cowboys without him the half hearted effort given by this team makes them painful to watch
There is no question of Dak has leadership qualities or maybe it is more of a buddy type leadership but for 5 seasons we have yet to see results against good teams. I do not believe at this point he has to total package to win the needed type games to be a championship type QB. Management has surrounded him with player after player that ends up with the same results. Dak is a good QB no more no less and if this year is more of the same , disappearing against good teams, empty stats that look good on paper but mean little to team success then his new contract will be Jerry's biggest mistake ever and a anchor to the team. Hopefully he can connect the dots and take the team to the next level, past history says it isn't going to happen but we will all see the end results and maybe at seasons end he will of put it all together, should be fun to watch either way.

Reaction score
There is no question of Dak has leadership qualities or maybe it is more of a buddy type leadership but for 5 seasons we have yet to see results against good teams. I do not believe at this point he has to total package to win the needed type games to be a championship type QB. Management has surrounded him with player after player that ends up with the same results. Dak is a good QB no more no less and if this year is more of the same , disappearing against good teams, empty stats that look good on paper but mean little to team success then his new contract will be Jerry's biggest mistake ever and a anchor to the team. Hopefully he can connect the dots and take the team to the next level, past history says it isn't going to happen but we will all see the end results and maybe at seasons end he will of put it all together, should be fun to watch either way.

I agree for the most part, the crazy thing is how bad quarterbacking is right now in the NFL yet teams find themselves locked into this business model where the QB gets paid cap-breaking percentages because they're "top 10". This just in, the elite tier is a lot smaller than 10 and the drop-off after that is substantial. I like Dak, he seems like a good guy and we could do a lot worse. It's not his fault the market is what it is and the Jones like to overpay their stars.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think a big issue is a lot of the guys that played under Garrett still have his "good try, we'll get at em next time" mentality.

Dak suffers from this, whereas you see guys like Brady holding people accountable and getting results. Aikman is another guy that had way more in common with Brady in terms of being a leader then Dak does. Aikman didn't put up crazy numbers, but he was a perfect leader who didn't care to let his teammates, or even coaches (Switzer) know when they weren't pulling their weight.

Dak needs to stop trying to always say the right things and not hurt anybody feelings. It's not working. You have to be a leader. You have to get up in guys faces and let them know that the old ways won't fly under your watch. If those guys have no desire to step up, and are only there for a check, then we can easily narrow out who the problems are.

foofighters

Reaction score
It’s hard to improve on perfection.
Actually, Dak does need to work on hitting receiver's in stride. That would be the one knock I have with him. His guys are great at pulling balls in but if Dak hits his guys in stride more, there's more potential for break away TDs. He's not terrible but it's an area that does need work. This is what I want to see improved this year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess we are to assume the ball was coming out to Schultz's liking before the injury?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Actually, Dak does need to work on hitting receiver's in stride. That would be the one knock I have with him. His guys are great at pulling balls in but if Dak hits his guys in stride more, there's more potential for break away TDs. He's not terrible but it's an area that does need work. This is what I want to see improved this year.
He's improved every year in that area.