Schultz's balling

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I'm saying that he has bad plays every week, and hasn't been performing well. He's an average TE with inflated stats because of the matchups he gets in this offense.
What were his bad plays the last 2 weeks? I guess he dropped on pass … like that never happens with any other receiver. He also had a huge TD on a downfield throw.

The reality is you can find flaws with every player if selectively choosing what information to consider, but the fair way to judge is the overall contribution, and the results with Schultz have been very favorable and encouraging the last 3 games. And, this is just 3 games into his career as a starter, so he is just getting his feet wet. No reason he can't learn and grow in the mental parts of the game with time.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I wonder when we'll reach the "Dak made ____" level. what with the Schulz's, Wilson's, and Noah Brown's looking competent lately.

Romo made receivers, our offense is making everyone now. Dak didn't make anyone before Amari got here. If they can fix the bad discipline and mistake plays, I think everyone will make everyone look good.

And that isn't an insult on dak, it is just the way I see it

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo made receivers, our offense is making everyone now. They are too loaded and everyone looks good. Dak didn't make anyone before Amari got here. If they can fix the bad discipline and mistake plays, I think everyone will make everyone look good.

And that isn't an insult on dak, it is just the way I see it
Romo didn’t make jack crap.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Romo didn’t make jack crap.

Robinson, Austin, and Bryant are all romo made. If it was not for Romo being the best in the league at the back shoulder play, and that being pretty much the only thing bryant was good at, he would have been a bust. Austin battled with sam hurd for 2 or 3 years to even make the team, and I still liked hurd better.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Robinson, Austin, and Bryant are all romo made. If it was not for Romo being maybe the best in the league at the back shoulder play, and that being pretty much the only thing bryant was good at, he would have been a bust.
Unnecessary drama to try and pump a QB up.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Unnecessary drama to try and pump a QB up.

No drama at all, and not pumping anyone up.

Romo got robinson a contract at his next team, and then he didnt do anything. Romo got dez his contract with back shoulder throws for touchdowns. Dez had very limited routes. After T.O. was gone and Austin actually got a chance, Romo got him a contract, and then he did nothing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Romo got robinson a contract at his next team, and then he didnt do anything. Romo got dez his contract with back shoulder throws for touchdowns. Dez had very limited routes. After T.O. was gone and Austin actually got a chance, Romo got him a contract, and then he did nothing.
They offensive system made Robinson. Romo just threw him the ball like every other QB throws to their receivers. He didn’t do anything special for him. Robinson got an opportunity and took advantage of it.

Austin was made by his legs and his hammies failed him. Dez was going to be good one way or another.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dudes on here was constantly calling Shultz a JAG because he never got an opportunity...SMH.

Moral of the story: stop trashing guys before they get their chance to show up.

Dudes be believing these coaches be knowing everything, when they messed up all the time on simple stuff observers see like starting Knight at RT over Steele.

I tried telling people that for years but most did not want to listen. They thought every TE behind Witten sucked because they never saw the field. Witten stunted the growth of everyone behind him. He allowed no one to grow or develop. He took all the first team reps and snaps in the game. You can't grow like that. Gavin Escobar could have been good here but he never got a fair shot. Just like Martellus Bennett.

Schultz and Jarwin finally got to be used how they were meant to be used and not just 3 yard routes and fall down.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Lmao at Romo getting Dez a deal. Dez was a talented WR. He would have put up numbers anywhere he went.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They offensive system made Robinson. Romo just threw him the ball like every other QB throws to their receivers. He didn’t do anything special for him. Robinson got an opportunity and took advantage of it.

Austin was made by his legs and his hammies failed him. Dez was going to be good one way or another.

I disagree. There was a difference from how Romo and T.O were, and how Romo was with all his other receivers.

T.O. made Romo look good.
Romo made all the others ones look good, even Dez. Him scrambling and the back shoulder throws made those receivers better than they were
Beasley and Witten, were actually good, and got open

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Happy to say I have him on my fantasy team!

Amazing the strides he’s made since Week 1 when he couldn’t catch a cold.

What a concept a player actually improving as the season progress... hopefully other players are motivated to do the same.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Lmao at Romo getting Dez a deal. Dez was a talented WR. He would have put up numbers anywhere he went.

Dez wasn't taleneted. He had a talent. He could jump up and get the ball, and be physical. He wasn't fast, didn't have a full route tree, took years to learn coverages (and I don't think he fully grasped it), and could not seperate. Romo threw really nice red zone passes to dez, and that is why he got his contract.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I disagree. There was a difference from how Romo and T.O were, and how Romo was with all his other receivers.

T.O. made Romo look good.
Romo made all the others ones look good, even Dez. Him scrambling and the back shoulder throws made those receivers better than they were
Beasley and Witten, were actually good, and got open
I just don’t get this desire to label things in this manner. I guess Dak made Cedric Wilson last week?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I just don’t get this desire to label things in this manner. I guess Dak made Cedric Wilson last week?

To me it is a part of talent evaluation. I started off responding to someone evaluating schultz by saying he is a product of the weapons around him, and ended up responding to you.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This offense is a nightmare to defend with the 3 WR's they can put out there and Shultz is definitely benefiting from that.

Having said that, he is doing his part and then some to take advantage of that and is balling.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I was wrong on him. He just didn’t look like a player and it bothered me the team didn’t think he could block or pass catch. He looks solid. Him, Noah Brown and Cedric Wilson may be the biggest surprises this season.

Same here I thought he just wasn’t very good, but he’s been a pleasant surprise and may have a bright future as a starting TE here.
Noah Brown and Cedric Wilson have also been bright spots! They’re actually pretty good players with a lot of upside. There is no denying there is talent on the offensive side of the ball.